Game & Map Screenshots 10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miani

miani Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Don't you think that your bathroom is too big? You can put 30 people in there.
    The overall setting is nice, the other map is too big for me too.

2. CircleDrain

CircleDrain Villager Member

First Language:
    german
    Hmm, i definitly need to take a look. But dont forget, there are no rpg maker MV character size. The size of my Character is bigger. And i think if i make it smaller, it feels like a stuffed room. But people always trying not to overcrowed a room. But I will check it out.

atoms likes this.
  3. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Can I please remind everyone that the OP specifically asks that people do not quote images unless they are in a spoiler. These pages can already be quite slow to load and quoting images makes it worse. In addition people accessing this on their phones have to do a massive amount of unnecessary scrolling.

If you want to make it clear who you are replying to, please use @ and then their username, selecting from the dropdown list that appears after a few letters.
    Thanks.

VitaliaDi, Marquise* and atoms like this.
  4. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Prisca.png
    First look at Prsica, upcoming DLC character for Strangers of the Power 2

VitaliaDi and atoms like this.
  5. atoms

atoms Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Minai @CircleDrain I don't think it's too big, personally. It looks small, but seems the right size for MV characters. I guess, it's nitpicking for me, but I guess the sink/handwash is one tile further away then I'd like, but honestly just as it is it looks fine to me, but that might just be me.

6. Tw0Face

Tw0Face Chief Executive Officer Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Nicke: Looks nice with all these light effects but how is it that so much grass and trees grow in this cave? It looks like there is only a very small light source at the top.

@Switz: The tilesets look very good. I like that. Maybe there are a lot of secrets to discover on these maps. The last screenshot interests me the most. Is this something similar to a castle defense minigame where you have to fend off intruders?

@CircleDrain: The first screenshot looks very smart and atmospheric with all these light and shadow elements. Must've been a lot of work. The bathroom looks quite scary. Will there even come blood out from the shower?

@Tuomo L: I like the graphic style and the mapping. The messagebox looks very nice as well. However, I think that there's still plenty of blank space available. Personally, I'd make the room larger. But I think that's a matter of personal taste.

So, well. Just a few more screens showing some of the features of my game.

Afraid that you can't provide enough Food for your population? Have you ever thought about leaving that task to some harpy sisters who recently opened a delivery service? Well, why not.

[​IMG]

Like ressource collecting quests? Nah? Okay, here they are anyway. The Arcane Collectors give quests to worthy adventurers. It's about collecting as many resources as possible that they can sell across the sea. Maybe they'll give you something valuable in exchange?

[​IMG]

Can you go to war, but in a smart way? Of course. Just destroy the empty lots of your opponents before they can build upon them. Or destroy their Forests and Mines before they're able to even purchase them. Lack of resistance makes it easier for you to win.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Greetings,
    Tw0Face

Lihinel, Marquise* and Kvothe like this.
  7. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I looked at your game @Tw0Face - it looks like a lot of fun! I think I'll give it a go when I get a chance :)

Tw0Face likes this.
  8. Lihinel

Lihinel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    @Tw0Face Looks interesting.
    I am always impressed when someone finds such unconventional uses for the rpg maker, especially if they pull it off with the old generation (2k(3)). Must have been a lot of work.

Tw0Face likes this.
  9. Blackwolf89

Blackwolf89 Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys, I adjusted my map a bit, and divided the screenshot into seperate parts, constructive critics would be much appreciated! thank you!

Thats castle "crowstone", and its located on a mountain, thats why there is also no trench with water...

pic #1.jpg

pic #1.jpg pic #2.jpg

Marquise* likes this.
  10. VitaliaDi

VitaliaDi Jedi Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Tuomo L I love the lighting in your map

Tuomo L likes this.
  11. VitaliaDi

VitaliaDi Jedi Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Retro style. I try to make all the graphics myself, it makes the project feel more "mine"
    This is my second game and I made it from scratch for a week long game jam, but I've already learned that smaller maps are usually better at least for rooms. My first game's maps were giant lol
    [​IMG]

Marquise* and SolonWise like this.
  12. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @VitaliaDi You have a bit of floor going off to the left. This needs a wall on the upper part to match the wall at the back, otherwise - what is it?

VitaliaDi likes this.
  13. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    upload_2019-5-10_21-2-53.png
    Just a test of me messing around with some Yanfly code... Lots and lots of trial and error...
    The FES hero is only temporary.

Marquise* and SolonWise like this.
  14. SolonWise

SolonWise The Lonely Maker Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @BloodletterQ

Nice fonts and nice menu skin. I like the screen because it's simple and functional.

@VitaliaDi

I give my sincere praise for anyone who makes his/her own graphics for a game. It is very good for a retro themed game, especially a terror one.

So, in my current project I'm using RTP mostly, and all my maps are simple like this one.

6.png

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2019
    Marquise*, VitaliaDi and Darkanine like this.
  15. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You should have had them in one post and thanks!

Also curious if the player is supposed to use those events as stepping stones.

16. SolonWise

SolonWise The Lonely Maker Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, the player must use the stones to reach the other side, but first, they must push the tree stump to the middle of the lake.

17. Darkanine

Darkanine ...In my thoughts and in my dreams... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I love the structure of it, and like how you gave a good sense of depth with the trees. But I also think there are a bit to much stretches of area without anything occupying them in the first and second images (which look the same?) I would suggest adding a few minor objects littering around to make it look more well-lived.
    ----
    I finished some event shots for Nunth Liatsiaq ("harbor of good-will"). I was proud of how the map came out, in spite of the limited resources for wintery areas.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Marquise* likes this.
  18. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

Solonwise, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Actually, it's a triple post in your case. If you want to add something after you posted, just use the 'Edit' button to do so, instead of making a new post. I've merged them together this time.

19. Lornsteyn

Lornsteyn Sleepy Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Just a village from my current project.

Village.png

Marquise* likes this.
  20. IguanaGuy

IguanaGuy Developing I.C.B.M. :Unleashed! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Lornsteyn - Your village has a nice layout. Its the kind of map I would want to walk around to see all the yards and stuff. Depending on how alive you want the map, I would suggest adding some birds or small wildlife as well as villagers to the map.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.