Game & Map Screenshots 10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zyphli

Zyphli Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kvothe The effects work very well. The effect as you move through the different light sources are very natural, to the point I didn't really notice them the first time because it just looked right. And with that background music, I was just feeling the mood of the setting.

@Davekron I'm glad to see what others are doing with new resources from @Jesse - PVGames. I do have to agree with the previous comment that the sunbeams overpower it, and actually distract from seeing what is actually a nice map.

So far, I have been playing more with the buildings, and not so much the cliffs. I have so much love for these new resources.

Outside The House
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Built with lots of layers being changed out through player touch events using @Galv 's layers plugin.

Kyuukon, Rabosion, atoms and 3 others like this.
  2. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Zyphli - I am glad you are enjoying the resources! You have done some great things with them :)

Question though, why do the characters (the sitting lady and the shirtless guy) look so blurry? Also, looks like some of the objects are a bit blurry, too (which I know all of these things are not, so maybe some sort of editing made them blurry, or perhaps image compression or something?)

And a minor bit of feedback: Since you are already using Galv's layer plugin, why not use that for the water layer too and animate it? If you use two layers of the water, one on the bottom moving one direction, and a second layer atop that one one moving in another and at a lower opacity, you can create a really neat moving water effect. I think you know how to do that since you already have the clouds moving :)

3. Zyphli

Zyphli Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for pointing out the blurriness. I had image compression set to max in the GIMP exports, that was making them blurry. Wasn't really noticeable in game on my small laptop.
    - Actually, I re-exported with no compression, and no change. But when I re-downloaded from Web, it had been converted to jpg, and comparing the two, the web copy is more blurry than what I originally exported to imgur.

I hadn't done anything I liked for animating the water yet. I'll go try that out. Thanks again.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  4. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Zyphli I just looked at the settings I used for water in The Last Journey, maybe give them a try and see if you like the effect?

5. Zyphli

Zyphli Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks @Jesse - PVGames , I love it.
    Including a quick clip of the results for anyone that wants to see the effect.

Jesse - PVGames likes this.
  6. Nimblefizz

Nimblefizz Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, first time posting as I've been lurking around these forums for quite some time and soaking in all the terrific knowledge, but never actually jumping in...here goes!

This is a map for a Weekly Game Jam project I'm working on this week. The theme is "Strange Garden". All the assets are from incredible artists like Cyanide, PandaMaru, and others. There's an interior house map as well. The game will of course have full credit to all the artists and will be free to play. It's basically a thematic/narrative-driven game with a small farming system. It's due in like, uh, a couple days, so cross your fingers that I finish in time!!

[​IMG]

7. D.L. Yomegami

D.L. Yomegami Sanely Insane Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    After 7 hecking tries at this world map, I think I have something I'm fairly satisfied with:
    upload_2019-5-21_12-20-20.png

Some more backstory: each of the four dungeons (ruined castle, forest, desert, and mountain) host one of the world's four crystals, built by the local civilization to beat back the flood that ruined the world to begin with. In light of that, I tried to place the dungeons so that each of the four crystals covered a reasonable part of the world. The forest and ruins look a little close to each other, but for the latter the big tree is the entrance, while I imagine the actual crystal is somewhere in the forest's bottom-left part.

Those dirt mountains surrounding the forest are "fake" mountains, created when the flood uprooted all that dirt and dumped it elsewhere. I imagine something similar happened with those rock hills in the mountain area and those hills between the temple area, the hills behind the temple, and the hills between the temple and the city.

Once again this is more a layout thing than anything else. Mostly putting this here for some last-minute feedback before moving on to the graphics editing part of things.

Apologies for not commenting on anything else anyone's posted up until now; I just can't think of anything to say other than a generic, unhelpful "looks good, guis!!!1"

Rabosion, atoms, Marquise* and 3 others like this.
  8. miani

miani Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I think it's fine but I feel that you need more empty space, all the locations are very close to each other. Usually you want the player to travel a bit before reaching in a new place of the world map.

---------------------------

edits-escada.gif

I'm making a 3 floors apartments building but Pop Horror only comes with a front side ladder, so I made some edits in the original tiles and tried to make everything fit together.

Shake0615, Kyuukon, Rabosion and 7 others like this.
  9. Nimblefizz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I'm making a 3 floors apartments building but Pop Horror only comes with a front side ladder, so I made some edits in the original tiles and tried to make everything fit together.[/QUOTE]

I LOVE this. The color palette is great and the tiles look fantastic.

atoms and Marquise* like this.
  10. Amarok

Amarok Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey there people, long time without posting anything again, been really busy learning how to code and recently started experimenting with javascript, so im making an old school dungeon crawler/pen and paper rpg system and its a lot of fun!
    Think of dwarf fortress + wizardry.
    [​IMG]

Boonty, Henryetha, Rabosion and 4 others like this.
  11. Nimblefizz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Are you making this in MV? This looks absolutely incredible. The customization is stunning.

Marquise* and Amarok like this.
  12. Amarok

Amarok Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Nimblefizz yeah on MV, the amount of stuff you can do is amazing, though i still lack a lot of knowledge about how rpg maker handles things so i still need to mix my coding with light eventing, but yeah you can do pretty much anything you want!

Nimblefizz likes this.
  13. dsiver144

dsiver144 Peaceful Days Dev Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    After a long time not working on my own project. Today, I have the chance to work on it again. Sucessfully upgrading the resolution to 1080p but still remains a good FPS. (Using RGD)
    This is a gameplay video of my game.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    Plueschkatze, Tw0Face, Leanne and 3 others like this.
  14. Drifter92

Drifter92 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    dsiver144 likes this.
  15. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @dsiver144 This thread is not for giving feedback on aspects of game play. It is concerned solely with the visuals. If you don't already have a game thread, I suggest you open one in Game Ideas and Prototypes or Games in Development, depending on how far along your game is.

16. dsiver144

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Drifter92 Oh thank you! :D
    @Kes I'm so sorry for this mistake. I will consider about your advice.

17. somenick

somenick Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @dsiver144 Quick note: In your game when ever you talk with an NPC, there is this beep. I think it will grow annoying fast. Hope this helps.

@Nimblefizz Your map looks nice. But I'm not sure what the dark ish area in the middle is?

dsiver144 likes this.
  18. dsiver144

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @somenick Thanks for pointing it out! I'll fix it :D

19. Henryetha

Henryetha Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    Had to get the snow on the building..
    (edits, using Ancient Dungeon Winter Tileset + Fantastic Buildings Medieval)

[​IMG]

For compairism, the original building is in the lower left corner of the third picture on its steam website.

I feel like I'd need to add something on the right side of the house.. I tried with more trees but it looked weird.. might play around abit with ambient lights.

EDIT
    Put some accents on the floor next to the house, maybe that will do it..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    atoms and Marquise* like this.
  20. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine The Mapgician Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @miani: eh! Liking that.
    @Amarok: heh, gotta love old-school dungeon crawler. I don't know, but I'm very fond of those old, 'clunky' types of gameplay. If you permit me an opinion, I'd say character's art kind of clash with overall style. If you see the font, the GUI and even the background, it looks like a serious, even 'shady' game. Yet character art is bright, even anime-y. Even so, I like them both separately.
    @Zyphli: you know what the second pic reminded me of? The Sims 2: Castaway lmao.

MV's RTP heavily bombarded with shaders and bloom to make 'em a bit more interesting. Map made for a "for funsies" game.
    Maybe light too bright :p
    [​IMG]

atoms and Amarok like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.