Game & Map Screenshots 10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @EthanFox Looking really good! Personally I would leave the character bust out for a cleaner feel but thats Just me. :)

2. Constance

Constance The Fool Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @CheekyChelldos
    Dulula.png

Hmm... I was thinking something along this line... That is if you want the windows to be on the left and bottom side... No need to show it... Just make some light that originates from that direction to indicate that there are some windows over there... This is for evening lighting by the way...

I just tried to make it using some basic RTP. The lantern is from PandaMaru tilesets though... and for some reason, I cannot find that cat tileset you used... You can ignore some of the object shadows, should've deleted those...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Rabosion, atoms and Marquise* like this.
  3. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I really liked making this scene of mine! So much fun working with action lines and moving the pictures around.

Marquise*, Kvothe, Rabosion and 5 others like this.
  4. zacheatscrackers

zacheatscrackers Machinehead Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sneak peak into a mid-late game area of OHMIC that can be visited for training/level grinding if the player so chooses; the name is Magma Fields. It's not 100% complete (planning on adding some more small details), though it's roughly about where I want it.

The 2nd map, as you might have noticed, has a few ropes that lead to two items and an optional high-level Fopperij (Mimic-style enemy) to fight for lots of cash and high-end loot, if the player so chooses.

Marquise* and Rabosion like this.
  5. Lycanimuss

Lycanimuss Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Testing a new light/shadow effect on maps, I appreciate the feedback!

[​IMG]

Thank You!

Shake0615, luzi, Marquise* and 10 others like this.
  6. VisitorsFromDreams

VisitorsFromDreams Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I hope you have plans for some lighting over the top of these maps because the repetitive tile work makes it really hard on the eyes. I understand the use of the RTP but I think the use of magma tiles for the cliffs and cliff tops instead of just the ground later makes but it way too harsh visually.

7. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Lycanimuss I like the tone and range of your lighting.
    Only thing that comes to mind is that it illuminates parts that are not under direct lighting, like the top of some roofs.

And don't forget to add shadows!

Lycanimuss likes this.
  8. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I changed the map a bit, now there's more than one exit and she looks more happy.

Prisca.png

9. zacheatscrackers

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I could easily darken the ledges/walls on the second map a tad, if that helps; I can understand why the brightness could make it difficult to look at. I took the liberty of removing some of the rocks in the complete version (which I'm happy to post if anyone is interested), as well, so it's not quite as repetitive. Appreciate the feedback ^^

VisitorsFromDreams likes this.
  10. dsiver144

dsiver144 Peaceful Days Dev Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Lycanimuss I haven't seen any screenshot with really nice lighting effect like yours recently. I can rate 11/10 for the quality of your screenshot lol
    Btw, I'm working on tileset for Autumn season in my game.
    [​IMG]

M.I.A., Marquise*, Rabosion and 4 others like this.
  11. VisitorsFromDreams

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I cant say I am a fan of the NPC sprite designs BUT the tile sets look brilliant and im excited to say for the first time ever on these forums I love how clean your UI is and how simple and legible your font choices are!

dsiver144 likes this.
  12. dsiver144

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @VisitorsFromDreams Thanks so much for the great feedback. I put so much time on drawing the tileset. The sprite for NPC is temporary, I will update more in the future :D

VisitorsFromDreams likes this.
  13. VisitorsFromDreams

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If I had one piece of UI feedback it would be that the text box "next" indicator doesnt visually tie in well with the text. I think if the light grey outline was replaced with the same yellow as the location title (or if it had no outline at all) and if you give it the same 1 pixel drop shadow the rest of the text has itd look pretty dayum perfect. :thumbsup-left:

dsiver144 likes this.
  14. dsiver144

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks again for pointing it out for me, I always need these feedback like this :D

15. Dusttt

Dusttt Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi everyone some advices and feedbacks please.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Marquise*, Constance and Rabosion like this.
  16. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Dusttt It would help people if you said which aspect(s) you particularly wanted feedback on, otherwise where to start?

17. Constance

Constance The Fool Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well... Got several maps that need some feedback...
    All of these are just basic concept though... No lighting, weird shadows, and more~
    I would appreciate it if you could give your opinion on the layout and composition of the map~

Credits to:
    • Avery (Tileset)
    • Cyanide (Tileset)
    • Pandamaru (Tileset)
    • Whtdragon (Tileset)
    • FSM - Woods and Cave (Tileset)
    • FSM - Town of Beginnings (Tileset)

Valstein Forest - Map 5.png
    Well, this map is part of the Valstein Forest that I made a few days ago. There is a lot of water, yes, mostly because there is a great waterfall located northwest of this map, where I am planning to create a large body of water with a few small 'island' jutting here and there...

Village.png
    A basic concept for a village I have yet to name. Located near a medium-sized woods called "Elkwood", because of the large population of elk inhabiting the woods. Which is to say, their main source of income is by trading elk pelts and other animals product they get from hunting. Some of the villagers also own some fields which they use mostly to grow berries, radish, cabbage and such, for eating and trading purpose. While the village is in good condition, it is, in fact, a bit underdeveloped. This is because the village is located in an unfavorable terrain near the border of a hostile Kingdom border, and so the government is a bit reluctant to develop it in fear of an enemy attack.

Town.png
    A small outer part of the Town of Coalfell. Located a few hours away from the capital, this simple town is created surrounding a military academy. Most of the inhabitants work as staff administrator of the academy. Some choose to open up a tailor shop, weapon shop, inn, or curio shop. Students and some staff of the academy lived in the dormitory provided to them, which differs from one to another by their class of nobles and commoners. Since they're located in the central area of the kingdom, the Town itself is quite developed, having magic lamps around the street and more advanced facilities compared to most.

And here's the mini bedroom I made~ With all lighting and shadow done...
    But I came upon one problem. My screen resolution will be 1104 x 624, but the room is kinda small so the screen will look pretty empty. I basically need your advice on what can be done to fill the screen without increasing the size of the room.

Little Room.png
    A bedroom for a little girl. Since the girl's family live in a rural area, they don't have much in the way of architecture. The whole building in the neighborhood is built with wooden material. Her father and mother work as a merchant, so they got a bit of money to spend. The magic lamp on the left low-table could be turned on and off. The orb on the right side is actually a music box (globe?) and will give off a bit of light once you turn it on. The windows in this room are located on the right side, which is why that area is a bit brighter than the rest of the room. This scene is for nighttime, so the light is not so bright.

Once again, I'll appreciate any feedback that you can give~

Psst~! Be gentle!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    Lycanimuss and Marquise* like this.
  18. dsiver144

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Was remaking message system today for my game. Does it look okay guys? >w<
    [​IMG]

19. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I would appreciate a light and night mode textbox option. I think just the transparent black makes it harder to read for me, considering the game itself is very bright.

And maybe show the entire portrait above the waist? Looks a little odd floating above the text box like that. But it's nice otherwise!

dsiver144 likes this.
  20. zacheatscrackers

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
    Sneak peak at a major mid-game battle in OHMIC, against Adam and Eve Alazne, the head of a notorious drug cartel and his top enforcer, respectively.

Marquise* likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.