Game & Map Screenshots 10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsiver144

dsiver144 Peaceful Days Dev Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Celianna Thanks very much for the feedback, especially from you my fav artist.
    I will add an option to choose between light and dark mode at you said. And why I just show the portrait on that weird position is my drawing ability is limited, I just can draw something like that now, but everything can be replaced easily in the future with new graphics and a few line of codes. Thanks again!

2. Hyouryuu-Na

Hyouryuu-Na . . . Veteran

First Language:
    Bangla
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I *finally* have something to show you~ (After 2 years of constant procrastination and nothingness)
    Untitled-11.png

I got most of the resources seen here from nicnubill (That I edited). Some are the MV defaults and the character is made from scratch by me (I'm never doing that again. Hopefully I saved it as a base so I don't have to go through it again)

Any feedback on this map is appreciated! ^^

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  3. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Hyouryuu-Na I had to turn the screen brightness up quite a bit to make out what was on that map. I think you may have slightly overdone the dimness. I get that you wanted a dark room, but the player still has to be able to see their way around. I also think that you would be better making that map less wide. Each tile represents about 3 feet (taking a single bed as the template for that) so the chalkboard alone will be heading up to 20 feet wide. No teacher is ever going to be able to utilise that sort of space, and wouldn't be able to control such a dispersed class. It also leaves you with a prodigous amount of empty space. I would suggest bringing the desks in closer together and making the whole thing more compact.

Hyouryuu-Na likes this.
  4. Hyouryuu-Na

First Language:
    Bangla
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kes Thank you pointing those out!
    My monitor has pretty high brightness settings so I didn't really notice the dimness. But there's an option to increase or decrease the brightness of the game so that should be fine.

The furniture are all doodads so I had no idea how large the room should be while I drew the room in the editor. Then I realized it after I put in the doodads. But I decided to keep it as is and post it here so everyone can tell me what I should do to fix it. Thanks again!

Edit: I should note that all these doodads and characters are 2x (approx.) of the default MV stuff. Does the room still seem sort of wide? Maybe I should reduce the part of one desk and chair from the side... I haven't really spent time on mapping and I really lack experience on that.

Edit edit: So I took reference from an actual Japanese classroom (should've done that before)... I was just unconsciously taking reference from my own classroom at school which is very huge that fits 100 people in it lol

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  5. Ksi

Ksi ~RTP Princess~ Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Okay, I'm gonna say it. I had to talk about this on stream earlier today, so I'm doing it again.

Go turn all the lights off in your room. Light a candle. See how much of your room you can see? Most of it. PLEASE MAKE YOUR LIGHT SOURCES MUCH BRIGHTER!

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. Having had a ton of blackouts in the past half year and having to use candles as a light source, I'm well and truly over the whole "OMG BLACK ROOM WITH TEENY TINY LIGHT SOURCE JUST BARELY SURROUNDING YOUR CHARACTER" epidemic. I promise you, players will be more spooped by being able to see that something was there to be scared of, than just going "wait, there was something there? where, though? I didn't see anything...?"

6. Hyouryuu-Na

First Language:
    Bangla
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Ksi Yeah, you're right ^^ I've never really thought about the mapping or graphical part of my game before. I was always so busy thinking about the plot and how to pull an event off and such... I too can't really see anything but darkness on my phone from that ss. Thanks for pointing that out!

7. Lorenze

Lorenze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  8. InFecTioN

InFecTioN Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    I put about 50 or so hours into this map. It's 250x200 tiles so the zoom out really doesn't do it any justice. I have since changed the bottom right corner a bit so that the rocky cliff no longer goes off the map. This isn't for any particular project but was merely an outlet for my creative itch. You are also to walk over and under any bridge sections and they function as intended. For example, the entrance to the little village, you can enter it through the beach areas. but also walk on top in the grassy areas. Maybe I'll use this for some sort of project int he future.
    [​IMG]

9. Kes

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @InFecTioN Your image doesn't show. Could you please try and reupload it.
    Thanks.

10. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  11. Kes

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @cabfe That's what I'm using and all I get is:
    upload_2019-6-24_10-53-46.png and it doesn't reload when I select that option.

12. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Marquise* and Kes like this.
  13. miani

miani Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese

The overall geometry of the map looks very good. But it's hard to see details or how the player will be walking around that map. I particularly don't like to create big maps, but if it fits your game I think that one is good.

14. InFecTioN

First Language:
    english
    It's from my twitter, so you might just be blocked from twitter or something where you're from. Not sure.

Thanks, yeah. It's hard to show a screenshot of such a big map. you lose a lot of detail.

15. Kes

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @InFecTioN That could be the reason, but please bear in mind for future posting that a lot of people cannot (or will not) access pics from Twitter because of its lack of a decent privacy policy. If you don't use an image hosting site, then it might be better to use the 'Upload a file' button on your post.

16. InFecTioN

First Language:
    english
    I tried the upload a file first, but the file was too big. Ill use an img hosting site next time.

17. cthulhusquid

cthulhusquid Veteran Veteran

I had to use dropbox, because image sites like Imgur couldn't do it justice. They like to squish everything down, but I wanted my 1920x1080 55MB screenshot to be seen in it's full glory!

InFecTioN likes this.
  18. dsiver144

dsiver144 Peaceful Days Dev Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Worked on a map for the tavern in my game today. There isn't a place like this in my country so I just looked for the references around the Internet. Hope it looks okay now. xD
    [​IMG]

Marquise*, Lorenze, SolonWise and 2 others like this.
  19. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @dsiver144 I've moved your post to the Game Map & Screenshots, as I assume you meant to post in there.

dsiver144 likes this.
  20. InFecTioN

First Language:
    english
    I really like the art style and the map overall looks great. I would however consider either removing the walls in between the tables or adding in some floor space in between the chair and wall. A waitress/waiter wouldn't be able to get to the rear tables if the front tables were full. I'd be interested to see it a few different ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.