Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So what has been accomplished until now? No maps again ... Hey, don't look at me like that!

I finally managed to insert the faces and I tested most of them.

screen_2.png

On the second screen you can see how the whole thing finally looks inside a messagebox. Of course, everything is displayed on a beautiful testmap that couldn't be any more aesthetic. I'm quite satisfied with the result. You can see the GUI for the day- and night-system on the top right. Thanks to Boros, I now have a counter that shows the number of elapsed days as well. In short, this is an animated clock that displays the different stages of the day. Time only passes when the player moves.

unbenannt.png

DJK1NG_Gaming

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DJK1NG_Gaming There is something odd about that bridge which I am having trouble identifying. Maybe it's the angle - it looks like you've rotated the tiles slightly and then just placed it down, but that slightly knocks the perspective out. It doesn't look like it's resting on the ground, but floating slightly above it.

It is indeed what you say. The bridge angle is off. I can always go back and fix it or remove it and add some rocks. I tried to have it curve but couldn't so I left it as it is. I might fix it or change it later.

MadRamDesigns

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@LittlePIGGY , very nice painterly style.
My one critique is perspective of the side wall in the upper left hand corner, the angle doesn't match with either the top down or front facing buildings in the rest of the scene.

LittlePIGGY

Just a piggy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It suppose to be diagonal. I'm not an artist. Draw as I can :kaoswt:

CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
aha, found it! MAN THIS FORUM IS HUGE

A gameplay feature in my game Live Free Or Die. It looks better in motion than it does as screenshots but I'm a dinosaur-level late adopter of video capture, and it looks even better in play than it does in motion, but I'm not near having a demo ready so yeah here's some screenies:

bc1.png

bc2.png

...whoops. Shoulda saved that grenade for the room on the right, huh.
(Probably the most violent tableau I've created in a game that was not a horror game.)

dontsaywedidntwarnyapng.png

Well, don't say we didn't warn you!

options.png

Good gameplay is about choices. Sometimes you'll have more options to choose from later on based on your initial choices.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@CrowStorm Glad you found this thread. It's an essential one, imo.
What we do ask is that when people post several images at once, they put them all into a spoiler. A lot of people access the forum on their phones, and trying to load or scroll down a page with too many images per post is something of a nightmare.
Thanks.

CrowStorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*nod nod* got it, will do

Feel a little like I'm hogging the thread but I couldn't find an equivalent to the "What are you thinking about (game development)?" thread on RMN here. That's not to say there isn't one, this place is just enormous and I couldn't find it. And this definitely doesn't warrant it's own topic.

Anyway, I'm on the fence about this font. I'm not sure if it's legible enough or if I should be considering alternatives. (This font is just used for menus and whatnot, messages use a different altogether less decorative more legible font.)

leg_test.png

Edit: lots of the other elements in this screenshot might or might not be placeholders (in some cases I haven't decided), but anyway it's just the font I'm asking about.

MadRamDesigns

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd explore alternative fonts. Some of those words are hard to decipher at a glance, particularly ones with the vowels a and e. I keep reading the section of the top sentence as "....Firiz Zind Zirmor-Piizrcing zimmo..."

xoferew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would definitely change that font. The seeming mix of upper and lower case is really confusing. d, o, q look virtually the same.

CrowStorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
kool, thx guys!

leg_test_2.png
EDITE: is this better? more legible, hopefully has some of the same aesthetic/flavor? I know I've probably got to tweak the size a bit.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@CrowStorm Maybe what you're looking for is Game Ideas and Prototypes? There is a pinned thread for very small queries/ideas, or you can create your own thread for anything a bit more substantive.

And the new font is much clearer, imo.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there too much blood in this room? Didn't use it for shock value. Rather, it's supposed to tell a story, but i'm wondering if the point gets across
without it
Untitled_1.png

Aoi Ninami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'd say the blood is necessary, if you want to convey "someone died here recently". Skeletons would be from someone dying a considerable time ago.

Nicke

Fortune seeker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Oddball : It can never be too much blood. *evil laugh* ^^

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sooo the map doesnt say "dark rituals and human sacrifice"?

edit: there may be too much blood on the alter then

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Valentines Entry, first contest I'm in and it is so much fun to just participate!
Anatomy is really hard. I'm not an artist.
just destroyed hours of work again. i don't know why I bother.
World Map for the inside of my main character's head. Every spot is an area that either occupies his thoughts or staples of everyone's "headspace"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinnerVincent