SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That looks awesome! The sprite work gives me Earthbound Beginning vibe.

Since this project is currently on hold until we finished MARGO, I will just share the maps we did for the game here. Hope you like them :LZSsmile:
zhG901l.png

4XVDFrW.png

j3NuvGX.png

jigida70

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@jigida70, is yo game gonna be a dating sim? :kaoluv: Alice approves, but a bit more beefcake please! :biggrin::biggrin:
There are two romantic stories woven into it, but it won't be a dating sim. Work will have to be done by the player to get the two couples to wind up together though (and you won't be able to beat the game if they don't). Right now I'm working on figuring out what character arcs each of the four main characters will have to go through, and how the other three will be able to help them on their personal journey.

dxxknight

DragonStone Dev
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you @alice_gristle ! That's what I was going for a nice peaceful feeling. I'd love to trade notes especially if @gRaViJa is working with mv3d. I'm getting the hang of it but I'm sure there is a lot more I can learn and probably some tricks :LZScheeze:

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can finally add headgear to the game! Originally, I decided against including this category due to the fact that there's not many good looking futuristic/sci-fi headgear icons.

The solution was to custom make some, and here's a few I've made so far.

"Killing Vision" Visor

Screenshot (116).png

Milispec Command Headset

Screenshot (117).png

Mirrorshade Visor

Screenshot (118).png

Beewo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Made a forest village, from sketch to live

View attachment 211673

View attachment 211672

I'm gonna copy your method from now and not sure why the thought never struck me. That is, drawing down a general layout before making the map not literally copying your map cause that be fairly rude.

Out of curiosity is the sketch made on paper and afterwards just scanned or did you use a program to make it? Otherwise I think I will just settle for paint ^^

PLUEVNR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm gonna copy your method from now and not sure why the thought never struck me. That is, drawing down a general layout before making the map not literally copying your map cause that be fairly rude.

Out of curiosity is the sketch made on paper and afterwards just scanned or did you use a program to make it? Otherwise I think I will just settle for paint ^^
It's made on a paper with small even squares.
I'm not scanning but I totally could because I'm using the squares to scale down the real map.
1 paper square = 48px square

I also have the necessary to draw it on photoshop (or gimp, it's the same), but I usually draw when I'm not at home and have free time.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@fop, so, so lovely! :wub Is that a willow on the left? It looks tremendously nice! Also, flooooweeerrrsss... :wub:wub:wub Maybe you oughta replace the moving flowers with static ones tho? 'Cuz rainfall looks like there's no wind. :kaoswt:

fop

Secret Cat
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@alice_gristle Thank you!

I think you're right about the moving flowers tbh. I threw them in sorta last minute because I wanted some more movement but I need to find another way to incorporate more movement into the map.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@fop I like how "girly" her idle/walk animations are, lol. I wish the waterfall had more frames in its animation though.

fop

Secret Cat
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm The way I've done it is actually just using the waterfall tiles in the map editor because I found other ways like animated parallax layers or animations led to just a ton of lag.

And thank you! She is the only party member that I've drawn clothes for so far, so she gets to be test party leader lol

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I need to find another way to incorporate more movement into the map.
I think ya good, there's rain, waterfall, and mist from the waterfall. More 'n enough, I think? Buuut, if ya still want more... how about you try 'n animate a kind of, umm, droop-and-bob motion for some flowers? :kaoswt2: Like when the rainwater loads up a flower or a leaf, and they droop, then tip over and spit the water out, springing up again?

I... guess that's gonna be tons more work than a simple 1-2-3-2 animation tho... :kaoswt:

IvanForever

Xir Xir
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@fop @Frostorm @alice_gristle This is lovely. I like the girly character and the entire scenery here. Though about the water areas, I wondered if it could less static and perhaps the density of the raindrops could be a bit more, I'm not sure... but altered a bit?

wilpuri

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys, I really liked what Lycanimuss did with the grass in his Altar of Sacrifice in page 95, and the title screen made by KawaiiKid in page 97. Great work!

So after I started using parallax mapping I can't see other default maps like I used to.

I'd like to hear from you guys about this map. It's a part of a cave with some stalagmites and stalactites that I'm making for my project. The cave also has some accumulated sand that I distribute in the corners of the map.

View attachment 211716
Beautiful! I hope you can finish that project. Even this single image has an eerie vibe!

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Was watching some Dragonball stuff and decided to recreate the Kaio-Ken in MV, lol. :guffaw:

I figured it should have an increasing TP drain per turn effect, but for HP I just kept it at a flat -5%. What do you guys think? Kaio-Ken x20 would be insane, I mean x2 is already pretty damn strong. I was also thinking about adding a 10% "Remove by Damage" chance but wasn't sure in the end. Too bad MV's trait interface only lets a Parameter go up to 1000%, which would be Kaio-Ken x10. Of course, we could just modify ATK directly in the note box instead. Also, maybe it should also increase damage dealt to the user?

Edit: Forgot to explain the TP stuff a bit better... It's quite simple; on the 1st turn, the user will lose -10TP, on the 2nd turn it'll be -20TP, on the 3rd turn -30TP, and so on until the user can no longer sustain the Kaio-Ken effect.

Kaio-Ken x20!! x2!
1643446661199.png
JavaScript:
<Custom Apply Effect>
user._kaioKen = 1;
user.setStateCounter(275, 1);
</Custom Apply Effect>
<Custom Turn Start Effect>
if (user.tp < user._kaioKen*10) user.removeState(275);
</Custom Turn Start Effect>
<Custom Regenerate Effect>
user._kaioKen += 1;
user.addStateCounter(275, 1);
user.gainTp(-10*user._kaioKen);
</Custom Regenerate Effect>
<Custom Leave Effect>
user.removeStateCounter(275);
delete user._kaioKen;
</Custom Leave Effect>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Granny.gif
Nap! Knit! Read! Repeat!
Granny's got a busy life now :3
Бас Лого.png
Reflections on the topic of choosing the path of the main character )
Now I want to change back to a Class system again xD Around and around we go!
Progress on the title graphic:
titledemo3.png
titledemo2.png
I'm still looking at the best way to do the subtitle.
I haven't touched the forum or my project for months because a few people were being a little aggressive when I asked for help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SirMortanius