IvanForever

Xir Xir
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I figured it should have an increasing TP drain per turn effect, but for HP I just kept it at a flat -5%. What do you guys think? Kaio-Ken x20 would be insane, I mean x2 is already pretty damn strong.
Sounds cool. Increasing damage dealt seem to work too. :)

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Something seems fishy about this place...

This is the Goldfish Club. It's owned by New Avalon's most powerful Yakuza family, the Four Dragons. Inside, there's an entrance to the Saikhon district's underground black market. Even though it can be dangerous (mainly to those in bad relations with the Yakuza), this place is often visited by celebrities.

This map is a work in progress, so the final look may change.

Game_KIiQRINQTv.png

IvanForever

Xir Xir
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is the Goldfish Club. It's owned by New Avalon's most powerful Yakuza family, the Four Dragons. Inside, there's an entrance to the Saikhon district's underground black market. Even though it can be dangerous (mainly to those in bad relations with the Yakuza), this place is often visited by celebrities.
Interesting. Your map seems fitting the theme well.

TheFlerffyBurr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm still new to this but I'm working on a fun little project based on inspiration from my favorite Final Fantasy titles; I know not the most ORIGINAL inspiration but I just adore Square's writing and storytelling.
1643679904799.png
Forest.PNGRoom.PNGTown.PNG

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@TheFlerffyBurr
The maps look very green and lively! And I like the bedroom, it has character.

A few things: I see you are using PandaMaru's trees. It makes it look like the 4th map comes from a completely different game. If you start using one particular style of trees, I would advise you to stick with it throughout the game. If you think, your houses are too small compared to the trees, add a first floor. Or use pitched roofs (I made some, see MV link in my signature).
If you want some more tree variations that work with, I made some that work okay with PandaMaru's trees (MV thread link in my signature). You could also recolor her trees, to have some more variations. Like this:

tree_variations.png

And in your first map, your cliffs could do with some lower levels, too. Take a look at Avery's tutorial here:

TheFlerffyBurr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@TheFlerffyBurr
The maps look very green and lively! And I like the bedroom, it has character.

A few things: I see you are using PandaMaru's trees. It makes it look like the 4th map comes from a completely different game. If you start using one particular style of trees, I would advise you to stick with it throughout the game. If you think, your houses are too small compared to the trees, add a first floor. Or use pitched roofs (I made some, see MV link in my signature).
If you want some more tree variations that work with, I made some that work okay with PandaMaru's trees (MV thread link in my signature). You could also recolor her trees, to have some more variations. Like this:

And in your first map, your cliffs could do with some lower levels, too. Take a look at Avery's tutorial here:

Thanks for all the tips! Though I'm unsure which you mean by 4th map... If you mean the winding forest path then I wasn't sure if the trees would clash! I thought they looked similar enough to work!
If you mean the one with the houses in it that was actually from the test map so I wasn't too concerned with things matching!

In terms of the cliffs, I'm not actually done with that map yet, I still need to add the branch off paths but I'll 100% add some more elevation (to the winding forest map)

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheFlerffyBurr Hmm, I think your ramps, where you transition from 1 elevation to the next, look a bit awkward. I don't really use RTP, but don't they have specific ramp tiles? Like in FSM tileset, these are what ramps look like:

There are 2 small ramps to the left and right of the player in this screenshot, but they can obviously be made as wide as you want. (I had to disable the fog of war to get this screenshot cuz this map is supposed to be dark and spooky)
1643747112490.png

TheFlerffyBurr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@TheFlerffyBurr Hmm, I think your ramps, where you transition from 1 elevation to the next, look a bit awkward. I don't really use RTP, but don't they have specific ramp tiles? Like in FSM tileset, these are what ramps look like:

There are 2 small ramps to the left and right of the player in this screenshot, but they can obviously be made as wide as you want. (I had to disable the fog of war to get this screenshot cuz this map is supposed to be dark and spooky)
View attachment 214850
The RTP actually doesn't have a ramp so I had to be creative and give the illusion of a slope!

IvanForever

Xir Xir
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know not the most ORIGINAL inspiration but I just adore Square's writing and storytelling.
That's cool. I think you're doing a good job so far with your maps as a starter, despite odd parts here and there. I do think the cliff parts in the first map look a bit odd, and the last map looks a bit plain, possibly due to the empty grass parts (if this makes sense). The room one, I particularly like.

Very cool map. :D

dxxknight

DragonStone Dev
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Added some effects to add to the atmosphere. Hard to see at this resolution but I added Moghunter's weather plugin to add falling leaves. I'm really like the results.
035f4e74fc4f30a4ccefb45909c0a426.png

IvanForever

Xir Xir
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Added some effects to add to the atmosphere. Hard to see at this resolution but I added Moghunter's weather plugin to add falling leaves. I'm really like the results.
I like the results too. This is awesome!

Faytless

Programmer who only gets Engineering jobs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You want some real fun? Challenge yourself by using a console version of RPG maker MZ.

Here's a prototype CBS, using no coding. Starts at :28

Please note, its a prototype - but you can try it on switch player. ID 807

jigida70

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Three of the maps I just got done. I totally did not just make the middle map because I screwed up the travel paths of the other two.

forest map3.pngforest map2.pngRiver map3.png

jigida70

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
035f4e74fc4f30a4ccefb45909c0a426.png
That looks really cool. I wonder if there will ever be a 3D version of RPG Maker.

dxxknight

DragonStone Dev
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the results too. This is awesome!

That looks really cool. I wonder if there will ever be a 3D version of RPG Maker.
Thank you! I'm currently working on interior maps and it's a lot more painful for me for some reason its taking me forever to get one house done but hopefully should be a lot smoother after the first one. I also wonder if they would like the old ps2 version but better.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lornsteyn, you a nice mapper, I esp. like the mountain hut! :kaoluv: And didn't I tell ya before that yo village map had a weird fence/wall? Or wuz it somebody else? Anyway, if it wuz you, it looks tons better now! :biggrin: :kaoswt:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So unbelievably excited for IGMC this year! First public game was for the original one and I'm just so pumped!!
Sometimes I am amazed at how relentless spam bots are. I would clear the que and then see 800~5k more depending on their mood.
Work on UD is already so delayed but I gotta drop everything so that I have something ready for IGMC!
Messed up the chains... :kaoback:
Sw7U8dA.jpg

Character: Jeanne D'Arc from Fate/Apocrypha.
Neptrone wrote on Andar's profile.
Hello Andar, i just saw you created a lot of helpful thread in the past regarding RPG, genre, game design, etc, etc.

Do you have full collection or list about every useful thread that you made in the past ? I think it would be very useful for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qixxi