Dust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A bit of a preview for one of the projects I'm currently working on :)
I'm having a ton of fun with the aesthetics! x'D

I love the feel of this! Even without you explicitly mentioning it, you could tell that you had a lot of fun doing this :)

mr_karumin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Francais
Primarily Uses
N/A

Kenen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's been a while since I've posted anything here. After a break, I've started working on a healer character, while also experimenting with alternative skill cost currencies.

nw-5-TYaq8x-UKU.png

cryo-gif.gif

Last edited:

Beewo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Kenen That looks really good, very much digging it.

mr_karumin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Francais
Primarily Uses
N/A
How can I add background in this mountain I made??

Attachments

• Map004.png
    Map004.png
    337.2 KB · Views: 13

LAede_Aveugle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which dlc did you use to make this?

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Neonzumi, those colours, sweetheart! :wub :wub :kaoluv:Also really really cute designs, Teal Dress has a super fashion sense, and Long Ears has eyes to die for! :wub

The part with the bed and the clock is s'posta be like, on a higher level? Maybe work on that a bit? It looks a bit funky, like, at first I thought there was just a checkered rug on the floor or summat! :kaoswt:

Neonzumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Neonzumi, those colours, sweetheart! :wub :wub :kaoluv:Also really really cute designs, Teal Dress has a super fashion sense, and Long Ears has eyes to die for! :wub

The part with the bed and the clock is s'posta be like, on a higher level? Maybe work on that a bit? It looks a bit funky, like, at first I thought there was just a checkered rug on the floor or summat! :kaoswt:
The checkerboarded rug you are referring to is actually the wall for the higher bedroom level. Besides that, thank you so much for the nice comment.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally got around to adding arrows to the skill trees. Also redid a bunch of skill trees in general by rearranging nodes and creating several guidelines for myself. Here's the Arbalist's tree:

1645928498793.png

The structure/design is based on classic/vanilla WoW's talent trees. However, I noticed that WoW's trees have far fewer "arrows" than I do. So I wanted to ask...do you guys think the nodes in my above example are too "interconnected"?

Last edited:

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm, I can't really say... Do the numbers mean that each skill has like, levels? Like I can take "Tofu Making" three times so I'm a Level 3 Tofu Master? And if so, how many levels do I need to progress up (down?) the tree? Like, if there's a lot of skills I have to check before I can get to the ones that interest me, then all the skills down the line should be useful and interesting right? :kaoswt:

Like suppose I wanna make a real good Tofu Master, and there's this sweet "Frying" skill down the line that I want? But there's a random skill in between that I can't find a use for, summat like "Scrubber". So I just check "Scrubber" 'cuz I need it to get to "Frying" so I can realise my Tofu Master build... but then I got that "Scrubber" skill that I never want to use. :kaocry:

Not having played WoW ever I don't know how it all works, but Imma hazard a guess: they prob didn't have that many arrows 'cuz they didn't want me to end up with "Scrubber" that I got no use for.

Last edited:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm, I can't really say... Do the numbers mean that each skill has like, levels? Like I can take "Tofu Making" three times so I'm a Level 3 Tofu Master? And if so, how many levels do I need to progress up (down?) the tree? Like, if there's a lot of skills I have to check before I can get to the ones that interest me, then all the skills down the line should be useful and interesting right? :kaoswt:
Haha yes, the numbers mean they have levels. And each row requires 5 rows spent in the tree. So the 1st row has no requirements, but the 2nd row needs 5pts spent, and the 3rd row needs 10 pts, etc...

And I hear ya regarding the "Scrubber" issue. So I make it a mission to make everything useful. Also, the nodes connected by arrows always build off the same mechanic. So if a node increases +Crit %, the node below would increase Crit Multiplier, for example. Basically, stuff connected by arrows are synergistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I drew one of my chars! The man with 100 kids and a lot of love to give :kaopride:
Me: *about to stalk someone's posts*
Forum: "This member limits who may view their full profile."
Me: *bummer*
Also forum: Advanced search > Posted by ...
1B77FB7E-3802-4179-BB2D-F390021512A6.jpeg
Starting a fly by the night dev studio. Anyone want in? Excellent working conditions with onsite lodging. LOL
I finally got all the walk animations done! I mean, I gotta reskin it for the actual characters since this is a character from another project, but still! Doesn't look like a mess now! ;v;
[IMG]https://s3.gifyu.com/images/kalirr-movement-animation-showoff.gif[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcifbf