beliziam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great! Is that tileset for MV or did you buy the one thats 32x32?
32x32 currently im using the changetile size plugin but im also trying the tiled plugin.

beliziam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@beliziam I've been looking for that Ace tileset. Which one is it?
Its this one:
https://nekuramap.wixsite.com/nekuramap/blank-3

Nekura has a whole collection which can be used to make a whole game. The same guy made the rpg maker xp rtp and was working for fsm in the past. The sets are made for Wolf Rpg Editor but can be used in any plattform. The autotiles come in the right format for vxace, the other tiles have to be edited by hand.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No new posts for 7 days? Must be a record.

Here is a video where I am testing my tiles. Until I've worked out a couple of things I'm not putting in all the small details. Still, this gives a reasonable idea of what it'll be like.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No new posts for 7 days? Must be a record.

Here is a video where I am testing my tiles. Until I've worked out a couple of things I'm not putting in all the small details. Still, this gives a reasonable idea of what it'll be like.
ties together very well. gives me some pointers to work from too, so thank you!

Reactions: Kes

fop

Secret Cat
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes Looks very nice!! I especially love the way the arched doorways tie into the walls: it looks intricate and beautiful without being overkill.

-

This is my first time posting one of my own maps, since I'm pretty new to RPG Maker and this site as well, but this is the first map in my game. I've made a lot more maps since making this first one, and I think I've improved quite a bit in the newer ones, but this first one is still the one I love the most.

What do you guys think?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Starbird_Resources and @fop Thank you for your kind words.

@fop This is an interesting map, but I wonder if perhaps the flowers are a tad too animated? They are a little bit distracting. To have that much movement I would have expected a stronger wind, in which case the footsteps would not sound so distinctly above them. I think it's a question of slightly scaling back the animation, not doing away with it, and fractionally increasing the volume of the wind and/or reducing the volume of the footsteps.

Sunjean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes Looks nice :) May I ask where I can get my hands on that tileset? :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Working on menu scene:
my goodness that looks sharp! really nice composition and looks like a pretty intuitive layout too. very nice! can you post the equip screen? curious how that looks too...

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Sunjean It is a paid for set, which you can get here. However, a lot of what you see in that video was made by me, e.g. the sideways stairs, the doorframes, and everything else has been fairly heavily edited. In addition, I suspect that a lot of objects were created in a larger size and then reduced - but without cleaning up the inevitable fuzzy pixels around the edges. That is a lot of detailed work to make good, so I suggest you don't spend your money unless you really want that set.

Sunjean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes Thank you for info. Sounds like it has its hassles to get it looking like yours. Gone hold for now. Thank you again :)

l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I'm trying to create a game using 90% RTP while keeping it visually appealing.
This is part of a desert-oasis town that's central to my game.
Any thoughts to improve?
Most Oases tend to have some plant life along the edge of the water, some tiny green plants along some edges might help. Pathways that people walk a lot on might have some discoloration compared to the surrounding sand (near doorways if you don't want to put too many paths).

So decided to rework Rivertown... again. Still need to fix some things and add river/fishing related stuff but pretty pleased with where it's at.

Last edited:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@Kes I love your mapping The tileset just add to it.
@fop I like the art quality and feel the heavy wind on that vegetation as well ^^

Reactions: Kes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Potato The game! Few concepts for characters to my game.
Well, well, well, well....Lemme get a look at this fanart.
The Google Play rating for one of my games finally rose above 4.0 after getting review-bombed from a $0 sale. Now the game's sales are doing much better when discounted, so that's nice.
I'm getting close to releasing a demo. Working on formatting my Games in Development post.
I always see a few people asking for C# in next engine and I always thought: Do I not know enough about that language to tell it will affect extensibility and customizability to the negative? Watching a video from SumRndmDde today I feel confirmed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noireoxla