Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Stiltzkin I like the overall feel of the map, with things being close together, but I do have a couple of queries.

I think you have too many trees. Take the top left corner, for example. There are 5 trees packed into a very small space, with another 4 trees in front of the central house and then a tenth house on the right. Perhaps take out 3 from the left and 2 from the middle?

The main thing, though, is that no matter what I do, I cannot make sense of the roofs of the central section. Everything from the vertical section immediately to the right of the group of trees over to the dark grey vertical section on the right just seems bizarre.

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Working on mapping the Lord of the Rings world in RM VX Ace
Definitely not done yet, but more to come :)

The general shape and the mountains are there. Mordor is finished, as is Mirkwood. I've been working along the route taken in The Hobbit first (as you can see, the Shire is done; Bree is there, and so is Rivendell. :)

Stiltzkin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Stiltzkin I like the overall feel of the map, with things being close together, but I do have a couple of queries.

I think you have too many trees. Take the top left corner, for example. There are 5 trees packed into a very small space, with another 4 trees in front of the central house and then a tenth house on the right. Perhaps take out 3 from the left and 2 from the middle?

The main thing, though, is that no matter what I do, I cannot make sense of the roofs of the central section. Everything from the vertical section immediately to the right of the group of trees over to the dark grey vertical section on the right just seems bizarre.
Point taken on the trees. I just noticed the roofs and it seems like it's a visual bug where it looks alright on the editor but messed up during test play.
I've fixed it since. Thanks for the spot.

@Nightblade50 Awesome, but imagine the nightmare of filling it in! :kaoswt2:

Been working on this interior concept map. (this is a guild house sort of)
Chose to get rid of the border walls and floors for a cleaner and open look. Is that too weird?

Last edited:

Confederacy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I started getting the RPG Maker itch again and decided to resurrect an idea I had earlier this year. Hopefully I stick with it this time and hope this screen shot isn't too dark.

Dust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the release announcement of Numina I've worked on two screens which feature very different environments:
cloudsailer.png
I've almost worked a decade on this project and this cloudy parallax sky was from one of the earlier versions I've released a few years back. It's been very fun to get back to it and updating it with particle effects (some cloud overlay and the contrails) and glistening sun-overlays.

winterwonderland.png
This also is a map from an earlier release and it actually featured a totally different scene. Sort of an after-credits cliffhanger. But I love the moodiness of a winter wonderland with snow falling. Again, it was very fun to come back to the map, thinking about what works and what could be improved. In this case I also added particles (falling snow) and worked with a lot more details for the grass and plants.

I encourage you to salvage maps from unreleased or earlier versions of your projects! It can be a fun experience if you analyze your work and try to improve it with your current knowledge. And it also feels good to not let previous efforts go to waste.

Lemonrice

Mother tuna
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello :kaohi:

uhm. I made a map... I have no idea what I'm doing. Creating maps is something I need to learn from scratch so I'm having my difficulties with composition and light and would be grateful for any feedback. This particular map is the starting map of my current project.

maker mv
visustella modern city
fsm woods and caves
khas ultra lighting
galv mv layers
yanfly core
quasi abs

sleepy_sealion

Need to work harder!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's been awhile since I've posted here. Thought I would share the battle-thing I've been working on and off on. It's more sprite based, instead of using a sheet. Right now it's kind of buggy with flickering issues at the start and end.
I think the attacking looks OK. But I might go back and try to move the Hit sprite play during the animation instead of after.

QuikInk

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here are some screenshots of a map I'm working on and would appreciate feedback on.
This town is called Calafort, it's the main port of the world. I want to create a commercial district in the south and a resident area in the north. Off the map to the left is where your boat arrives and to the south is a floating raft-village where fishermen fish.
Map052.png

Here are some completed maps from my project for reference of style (tilesets are all created by me):

Map046.png
Map026.pngMap020.png
This last image is in a high-high country so a different style to the others

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Woah the city is modern impressible.

Stiltzkin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dust Numina looks beautiful, definitely an inspiration.
@Lemonrice Amazing atmosphere but I find it a little difficult to see.
@sleepy_sealion Love the art style, the hit animation looks ok to me, I didn't even notice the flicker.
@QuikInk Those buildings are so beautiful but I feel like the streets are a little empty for a commercial district.

Been experimenting with creating non-conventional towns. Here's a town in a crystal cave.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@QuikInk In your first screen shot you have what appears to be a floating town, in so far as the background looks like sky. If that is correct, then the external town walls on the right cannot throw a shadow - what is the shadow landing on? You will need to use the shadow pen on the editor tool bar and remove them.

Tw0Face

Chief Executive Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No Reputation, no build.

Currently looking for a different way to display the Reputation Points needed to create a building. Rain is barely visible atm.

What do you think?

Unbenannt.png

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I wanted to continue working on my graphics, but to get a better feel for what the set already has and what it lacks I made two maps os different locations :3
Mountainside.png
city.png

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I have been practicing indoor mapping, but cant help thinking it looks... like empty somehow, like something is missing. Would love some recs.

Attachments

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Juanita Star I agree it looks a bit empty. Two reasons for this I think are :
it's a little to big for what it needs to be. Especially the bedroom and hallway.

It's to symetrical. Even if a house/home is symetrical in its base lay-out (which usually it isn't) it is rare to find it being decorated and furnished so symetrical.

I do like the feel of the interior though, it just needs to be cut to size a little.
This however is just my personal opinion ad as always we are all wrong anyway xD

ThyNexus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm really proud of the engine room I finished up! About two straight days of work to get it looking nice haha!

[Here]

(It won't insert the gif itself for some reason so I've just included a direct link to the gif!)

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ThyNexus personally I do not like the pathway... It looks a little out of place and doesnt do the room itself any favors.... But that is personal opinion so Just ignore it :) other then that it looks awesome!!! Love the animation on it!

ThyNexus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Finnuval Yeah the white strip does look pretty out of place, but by the time I finished the animations I was quite done with that map haha. I may try to change it in the future when I'm not burned out on maps! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After 5 days, it only need some more details, a few places to furnish and it's done.
I can start the eventing :3
(For the no travel jam)
I feel like I'm living in a ghost town.
Tried playing Panzer Dragoon Remake to fill the empty hole in my heart due to no Star Fox on Switch. Finished it with an even bigger hole. Nothing compares to Star Fox :'(
Is there not a police Character sprite for mv?
... finally, I think I'm making progress with this lookwise. and I even have custom ATB gauges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jorgeslim