Game & Map Screenshots 11

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello. First time posting a screenshot anywhere. This is just a single screenshot of a post-apoc game I've been working on for about 300 years. I feel like it's finally starting to really come together.

I'm sure I'll be making changes to the UI, but otherwise I consider this a pretty much finished map. The characters (the guy on the horse, the horse itself, the other guy, and the werewolf) were created by others (Hiddenone, Whitedragon, Bis, and Whitedragon respectively), all other graphics by yours truly. The guy on the horse is the player (he can get off the horse, he just happens to be on it at the moment).

The terrain graphic style (i.e. my graphic style) is NOT pixel art, while the characters obviously are, but I think it works. It actually kind of makes the characters stand out a little, and not get lost in the background. But that's just, like, my opinion, man... feel free to tell me if you disagree. Or if you agree. Or whatever.

Obviously I'm using a parallax background, but several items (the trees, the sign, the diner, etc.) are actually events so that the player can walk in front of them and obscure them and walk behind them and be obscured by them.

This is a 40x22 map, with a resolution of 1920x1056 (which should also be the size of the screenshot itself if you click it (I encourage you to click it)).

That's all I can think to say about it.

Thanks for looking!

EDIT: Oh, woops. I forgot to mention that the graphics for the buttons at the bottom are from game-icons.net. Didn't want to not give credit where it's due.
Cool, I'm making a post apocalyptic game as well!

JDevain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New tropical/jungle map for post apoc game:

Please click images if you want to see full sized as you would in-game.

The zone is 60x35 tiles, with a resolution of 1920x1080, so the four full-size maps show what you would see from each corner of the map. Most items will actually be events, so that you can go behind them, and also so you can interact with them (mine rocks, cut down trees, etc.).

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
New tropical/jungle map for post apoc game:

Please click images if you want to see full sized as you would in-game.

The zone is 60x35 tiles, with a resolution of 1920x1080, so the four full-size maps show what you would see from each corner of the map. Most items will actually be events, so that you can go behind them, and also so you can interact with them (mine rocks, cut down trees, etc.).

Thanks for looking!
None of your images work.

JDevain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cthulhusquid Thanks for alerting me that my image links were messed up! I was trying to use Google Photos to host the images, but apparently that didn't work.

SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a good old fashioned NPC house I made. I think there's beauty in simplicity, however I feel like I could work a bit more on the lighting.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@SOC There's an awful lot of wasted space there which you then have to fill up with odd bits and pieces - I mean, seriously, who keeps barrels and crates in living spaces? You could reduce the overall size quite a bit without losing anything.

Something that I think would help a lot would be if you re-arranged your tile set so that things like beds, sinks, cupboards were half a tile down. That way they would sit comfortably next to walls instead of away from them.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@beliziam Diagonal walls throw a shadow, straight ones don't. I think it should be both or neither.

Endellion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just two little map screenshots for right now. :) This is just part of a little farming town, during a thunderstorm. It doesn't show a whole lot, because I'm still working on certain areas of this town.

Untitled.png

And here's a house interior. It's just an NPC's house, but interior mapping is fun ^.^ Edited because I did not notice I accidentally put half of a window where I did not want it.

Untitled2.png

Attachments

Last edited:

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Endellion A couple things that come to mind:
I'd shorten the carpet to avoid the non-rectangular shape.
Also, the two windows right around the entrance don't make sense, since there is a thick wall behind them.

Endellion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@cabfe You're right, I think it looks much better not trying something like putting the windows on the entrance. :) I wanted to see if it would look more interesting that way on a few houses-- and no, it does not. ^.^

Attachments

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Reaction score
First Language
English
It's been a while since I did anything meaningful in RM, but this Valentine event on rmn has got me working~

1581469491327.png
I'm like a proud parent with this atm so figure, eh, show it off~

fop

Secret Cat
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kneeshaw The new colors of the lighting is much more pleasing to the eye! Lovely changes. It is, however, quite difficult to read the text in the name box now.

Raynar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hiya everybody! I was able to purchase RPG Maker MV for Christmas, and I had been hard at work finally building something concrete! Could I get some feedback on my first map?

Map002.png

I tried to make this map as close to a pure "Earth" feel as I could with various features. Any feedback would be awesome!

Windyhouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Raynar That's a really solid map! Much better than my first world map. Or fifth. I really like how you used the darker green to mark paths, but you might want to add some of the dirt or stone paths on top of that, at least around the more populated areas. The way the river just ends around the mountains looks a little odd too. You might try putting mountains on top of the ends, to disguise it a little. The mountainous area is also a little square, but I don't mind that as much. You could make it a little more circular, but that's really up to you.The way that all of the forests are top of the lighter ground is a little odd too, unless they're all enter-able. As a player, I'd probably assume that any area on top of the lighter ground is a place I'll visit, and every area that isn't, I won't. So if they're not all areas that you could visit, you might put the unvisitable ones on top of the darker ground instead.

Raynar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Windyhouser Thank you for your feedback!

but you might want to add some of the dirt or stone paths on top of that, at least around the more populated areas.
That's a good idea! I like that~

The way the river just ends around the mountains looks a little odd too. You might try putting mountains on top of the ends, to disguise it a little. The mountainous area is also a little square, but I don't mind that as much. You could make it a little more circular, but that's really up to you.
That mountainous area was mostly a rough sketch for where I wanted a important aspect of my story to be so I definitely agree that I could smooth it off to make it look more natural. With the river's part, I actually went a little realistic with it how some rivers start from a mountainous region if that makes any sense?

The way that all of the forests are top of the lighter ground is a little odd too, unless they're all enter-able. As a player, I'd probably assume that any area on top of the lighter ground is a place I'll visit, and every area that isn't, I won't. So if they're not all areas that you could visit, you might put the unvisitable ones on top of the darker ground instead.
I actually hoped it would match the darker grass but when it didn't and had the lighter grass underneath, I actually didn't know how to change that if it was even possible. The other forest tile did the same thing, preferring the lighter grass when I placed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
It's ironic, but one of the many hilarious things done with Shia's Just Do It speech was to make a hype song, and....I know what it is.....but I still get inspired by it! I'm like..."Yes I can!!"
That moment when you realize you lost time frankenstiening a sprite together, only to realize it already exited.
My first game is going to have the main character more or less create monsters as his party members.

Thanks to the plugin creators still producing content for MV, I might be able to give each of the monster members a personalized range of tactics during combat. I liked how the devs made it like that in FF6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HamadAhli