Windyhouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Raynar The river thing definitely makes sense! It's more a fault of the tileset, with how it ends so abruptly. If you're smoothing that area out anyway, that might make it a little less noticeable. :)

If you used right-click to copy the forest tiles, that's the culprit. Right-clicking copies every tile, including the ground, but if you place the darker grass from the sidebar, then place the trees straight out of the sidebar on top of that, it shouldn't mess it up like that.

Raynar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you used right-click to copy the forest tiles, that's the culprit. Right-clicking copies every tile, including the ground, but if you place the darker grass from the sidebar, then place the trees straight out of the sidebar on top of that, it shouldn't mess it up like that.
I had just selected the Forest tile from the side bar. No right click involved and I ensured I was clicking onto the darker grass but it still had the lighter outline.

Windyhouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Huh. Yeah, I just checked. Sorry, I was wrong about that. It's pretty annoying that it doesn't work. It's a really nice map, regardless.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Raynar If your forest tile is on the right hand side of the A2 tile set, with no background underneath it, then it should tile straight on top of whatever ground tile you have without changing it.

EDIT
I just tried it out in MV, in case my comment only applied to VX Ace, which is what I use, and it still works the way I said. Here is what I did. Sorry it's a bit blurred, I used the snip tool rather than a proper screen shot.

1581676990501.png

As you can see, the trees have mapped onto both ground tiles without changing either.

Raynar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've now updated my map and I think I might keep it as it is for the most part! Here's the updated map!

Map002.png

I've added a river at the top of the little mountain range in the middle of the island's core, but it cut off the land and turned a sliced segment into a island, almost. So I decided to liven it up by adding a village to the grassy mountains! I've also spruced up a little bit near the blue castle at the bottom. Finally, I addressed the issue that I had with the forest tiles and combined a suggestion I got, and decided to have all the grass be the same, with those dirt paths marking the roads.

I'd love some feedback on this map! It's my first attempt at a Nation Island. (To which I have three more to make.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.< I think I might need to ask help for this.
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CecilGP