Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This took so long to do for so little result. But point is I can now create items which spawn usable event nodes. Also showing character animations for this.

Possible uses include spells such as summoning and necromancy!

RaddRadda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been working on my parallax mapping recently. Watching tutorials and just generally brushing up on my sprite work. I am far from an artist -- it's my great weakness, in truth -- but I like to think I've done a decent job editing together RTP with resources I've found around the forum.

Screenshot1.png

Screenshot2.png

Screenshot3.png

Screenshot4.png

I'm making a Tactical RPG using the SRPG engine, so I'm trying to have a fair amount of open space for the various characters to move around on. I probably will go and add some more fine details, flowers and stuff.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@RaddRadda
Screenshot #1 I think it would look better if you made the vines growing up the cliff face less uniform. Perhaps one section could stop a bit short of the top (try omitting the bottom tile of the vine in one place). Unless they have been specifically planted, having them repeating exactly ABABABA is not very interesting. Nature has more randomness in it than this.

Screenshot #2. Why does your vertical path stop short of both the stairs and the horizontal path? Why is there an unworn section between them? It looks most unnatural. Paths merge because people don't jump from one to another, and the very bottom of steps can be more worn than anywhere else, not pristine.

orange~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone! I didn't know rpg maker web had a screenshot topic!

I did some graphics for a competition where you had to imagine unseen lands of Dark Souls. This is my depiction of the land of Carim:
carim_screenshot1.png
carim_screenshot2.png
carim_screenshot3.png

I'll most likely end up using most of these graphics in my own game Fear & Hunger: Termina later on.

RaddRadda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RaddRadda
Screenshot #1 I think it would look better if you made the vines growing up the cliff face less uniform. Perhaps one section could stop a bit short of the top (try omitting the bottom tile of the vine in one place). Unless they have been specifically planted, having them repeating exactly ABABABA is not very interesting. Nature has more randomness in it than this.

Screenshot #2. Why does your vertical path stop short of both the stairs and the horizontal path? Why is there an unworn section between them? It looks most unnatural. Paths merge because people don't jump from one to another, and the very bottom of steps can be more worn than anywhere else, not pristine.
Went ahead and made some edits to the tune of these suggestions, and they definitely look a lot better. I admit it's fairly dark on this map in-game, so I'm not sure how noticeable the vine edit will be, but the pathway looks much better now. I guess I was going for a sort of "grass growing over old pathways" look, but since it is a well-trod path, it makes sense that it's still fairly visible.

Ceres-Eris

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Because of you know what, I've been able to map a lot. I'd appreciate feedback on my maps.
Map021.pngMap021 ingame2.png
Map062.pngMap003.png
Map002.png
Map006.pngMap012.pngMap011.pngMap013.pngMap014.pngMap015.pngMap017.png
Capture.PNG
The park in the middle is actually the only place the player can move in. They can't cross the roads. To give the illusion of a big city, the different areas are like this and the player travels between them by interacting with what is essentially a bus stop, but with carriages. And it's fast as a normal transfer event so it's really just a fancier transfer but hopefully with the effect of giving the illusion of a big city. And there will also be a few carriages running through the roads.
Map005.png

Actually, here's something I'd appreciate advice in: What do you guys do to make sure the amount of your decorations (trees, flowers, rocks, etc) are just enough. Not too much or too little.

Vandriette

Dark King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
~~Insert borked image here~~

mikewalton206

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I've been working on some new Action Sequence/Skills in RPG Maker MV. Check out the video below! Hope you enjoy because i have more Action Sequence/Skills coming soon! Thanks for stopping by!

SpiralSigil

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A few more maps to share with everyone. I managed to make enough progress to make a demo, and from the feedback I received on it I've been able to push forward into the next areas of the game! GET HYPED :D

Vitar Village.png
A small village on the Foresta Continent, and the last one you'll see before going into the Sea of Trees

Elder Tree.png
The first real dungeon of the game. I started the inner maps in a Great Deku Tree style of dungeon, and worked it from there.

Illyana Village.png
The first village you'll encounter on the Firestone continent. It's mostly inhabited by Beastkin and Mercenaries, and leads into the Ahkasha Desert, which spans most of the continent. It's small size is due to the war that lost the Human's control of the continent.

Feedback always appreciated <3 I love working with the amazing Time Fantasy sets!!

Eloise

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I am new to this forum and also to game development. I am working on a game using all of my own artwork. Does this tileset look okay so far? does it look professional enough? I have no idea what im doing. are my torches too glowy? or maybe not glowy enough?

screenshot1.png

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I've just built from scratch one element of that screenshot. Guess wich...
title.png
The rest is modded from generator. And the composition is mine.

Last edited:

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I am new to this forum and also to game development. I am working on a game using all of my own artwork. Does this tileset look okay so far? does it look professional enough? I have no idea what im doing. are my torches too glowy? or maybe not glowy enough?

Looks quite okay, but you should use more contrast. Use more brightness colors for torches, now they looks like there is thick fog in the room.

Eloise

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks quite okay, but you should use more contrast. Use more brightness colors for torches, now they looks like there is thick fog in the room.
Thanks for the advice! Is the example on the right what you meant by more contrast? does it look better now? I am still working on the torches.
screenshot2.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I based this on the armor of Actor 1_7 of the RTP. Hair is from Derex and Sythian Bard.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candutekno