Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
@Marquise*
Oh, I think I blushed a bit.
Thanks, but I think the glory goes to Vexed amazing tileset.
I view myself not as a good mapper, at least Im never fully satisfied with it.^^

Ilithianeae

dont use my moo-cow face, please! ^-^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kauzz that looks really nice! that could be used for swimming villages too i find.

when will that country pack be on steam?

Kauzz

Hello!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kauzz that looks really nice! that could be used for swimming villages too i find.

when will that country pack be on steam?
Thank you!
Idk yet, I'm waiting for Degica schedule the release date. Usually they took near 1 -3 months, and since my pack I've finished in January was oficially released last week I can estimate something near this period... xD

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Neka Music This mountain town appears to be set in a fairly rocky sort of terrain, with only dead trees and not much else. It therefore feels unrealistic for so many houses to have wooden walls and roofs. Wooden roofs in particular seem out of place except in forest villages. You then seem to have one metal roof (top left) and one building (top middle) in some unidentifiable beige material and your towers in brown brick. Finally, your church is in pristine white stone - but your cliffs (which would be the logical place for the stone to come from) are brown. And then we have the paving which is in a totally different material again. It all feels a bit of a mish-mash, with inexplicable tents (one almost as big as your house) thrown in on top.

Generally speaking, towns tend to have only a limited range of local building materials, so that although the size and shape of the houses might differ a lot, there is a certain level of commonality. This would be particularly true of a mountain location because outside materials would have to be transported up, which is always more labour intensive.

Ilithianeae

dont use my moo-cow face, please! ^-^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kauzz hmmmm.... three month.... that would be july then. or maybe degica is nice and put it into the juni. ^-^

Ed19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Empty
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Kes

It makes sense, I never thought about something as detailed as this. But the city's a labor city after all.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Neka Music It's a good way to make your towns distinct from each other, which helps in world building and avoiding the one generic town after another.

Last edited:

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does this make sense as a room?

It's a kind of lobby, in between the walls of the castle. It'll be where you can attempt to enter the castle bit not quite make it.

This is the interior to this which just collapses away:

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a part of the city of a not so serious practice project.
Created with POP DLC.
Maybe it turns even in a full game, who knows.

View attachment 140498
I really like your maping! It looks nice and clean.
Ps. There is a glitch witch bench graphic near water.

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just me casually hanging out in the town in my life simulation game
I've spent many hours just doing the middle part of town center and putting up the fences!
Credit to Cyanide for the Lovely fountain
Mirum Town 4_29_2020 4_28_45 PM.png

Eloise

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! no details or objects yet (except for my little skull enemies), but before I Progress I wanted to know if the basic tileset looks good. Have I made any mistakes? Do the shadows look okay? I would love some opinions and advice. screenshot2.png

Tayruu

・ ゚*。・゚(幸)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Been trying to think of ways to give menus more pop, and decided the best bet would be animations. After some work, I've got a system to easily pan things in and out and the like.

Screenshots/previews:

I want to do something more interesting with the root battle menu (Attack/etc). I considered tying Attack to one button and everything else to another+menu scroll (mockup), but I wasn't sure if it would be intuitive, so I've left it out for now.

... should probably finish implementing battle sprites.

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mightyckf That's a nice looking town area! I appreciate the small extra of the two stands having different items on display. The top left area looks a little empty, however. If it's a town center, I'd suggest putting some benches there. It both makes sense (people always want places to sit) and it removes the dead space. Also, your character sprite is great; did you draw it yourself or use a larger sprite generator?
@Eloise First, those skulls are adorable. Probably not the word you want people to use to describe skulls, though they are precious to me. I'd say you have a very good tileset there! My only criticism is, your shadows confuse me a bit. They seem to come off both north and west walls. You always have to consider where your light sources are going to be coming from. I wish I could offer more insight, but I'm the person who just erases shadows and has done with it...
@Tayruu Your skills UI is super pleasing. Simple and neatly organized. It tells me everything I'd want to know without my eyes having to desperately dart across the screen.

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got a recent like on this thread and realized I still had my "ugly" old maps on here. My new randomly generated maps are much better. :LZSwink:
And_Remember_Tomorrow_Sanitys_End.jpg
And_Remember_Tomorrow_Swamp_of_Nightmares.jpg
And_Remember_Tomorrow_Lake_Of_Dreams.jpg

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cythera yeah it's still a little empty because I run out of idea what to put there and the map is not finished.I probably will spend a lot more time to improve the area because it's where the player will spend most of the time.I made the sprite from Tonbi tall sprite which can be found here in the forum.
As for the clothes I draw them myself

Eloise

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mightyckf That's a nice looking town area! I appreciate the small extra of the two stands having different items on display. The top left area looks a little empty, however. If it's a town center, I'd suggest putting some benches there. It both makes sense (people always want places to sit) and it removes the dead space. Also, your character sprite is great; did you draw it yourself or use a larger sprite generator?
@Eloise First, those skulls are adorable. Probably not the word you want people to use to describe skulls, though they are precious to me. I'd say you have a very good tileset there! My only criticism is, your shadows confuse me a bit. They seem to come off both north and west walls. You always have to consider where your light sources are going to be coming from. I wish I could offer more insight, but I'm the person who just erases shadows and has done with it...
@Tayruu Your skills UI is super pleasing. Simple and neatly organized. It tells me everything I'd want to know without my eyes having to desperately dart across the screen.
Thank you, Im really glad you like my tileset! I am slightly confused about where the shadows look wrong, as far as i can see they are all coming from the left and back walls. Am I missing something?

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ImaginaryVillain: I'll be honest, this kind of map just looks like noise in screenshot form. In-game and animated it will look nazzy, but from a screencap it's hard to make our anything. I'm sure it looks great live though!

I need to work out how I am going to show choices. "Out the box" looks like this:

If I'm happy with that for now I'll move on. But somehow I'm not sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's my cute little ghost~
Minecraft Dungeons is a great example of a game that's much simpler than other games in its genre but almost as equally immersive and fun to play. Lotta RPGmaker devs could learn from that lesson.
Well, it's been a while since the last time I came here... Is there a JS scripting FAQ? I'd like to know what it's capable of achieving, and how :rswt
I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?
Vote for what I show more indepth on Twitter tomorrow from the MZ default resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reginaldbrown912