ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ellie Jane I appreciate the feedback and it's entirely fair. I'm marketing towards those people looking for a surrealistic "dark Alice in Wonderland" vibe. So I expect the screenshots to only appeal to a very specific group. Actually counting on it. :LZSexcite:

The game's still early on, but you can always see how it is currently by checking out the YouTube video in my signature. :LZSwink:

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KawaiiKid it kinda depends what you are aiming for as your atmosphere but if you are going for the 'standard' (J)RPG feel then nope, not too bright.
Only if you are aiming for a depressed, gritty feel... Then they are too bright.

Thats my two cents anyway xD

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kato-A like the style en brightness of this xD

@Ellie Jane perhaps if the textbox was a little less bright white? That's what bugs me about it anyway lol

Last edited:

dazed

dazed and confused
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thought I'd fiddle around with a new tileset, see if I'd like it.

Left is old, right is new tiles.
Ooh, I love those new tiles! Which ones are you using? Loving the plants.

Reactions: BCj

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@KawaiiKid if you want you don't have to change the palettes of your characters but just a filter on them and also find the right one with some tests. (who knows if you are tired to enter it all the time, maybe apply same filter value to a copy of your spritesheets and use that copy instead.)

Tayruu

・ ゚*。・゚(幸)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@BCj I agree with dazed. These new tiles have much more pop and definition, and at a glance the outline style meshes more with the character sprite.
My only nitpick might be that the grandfather clock's angle might be shallower than the other objects - the front is more in view than the top, compared to other objects or the original cabinet.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@BCj Is your setting medieval or modern?
The right picture has more modern tiles than medieval era.

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BCj I personally like the right one better as the scale of the objects fits the size of the Sprite better and it looks very crisp.
But as @cabfe points out it also feels more modern. Or perhaps a better term would be less old as it would still fit a game in the late 1800's and thats hardly modern lol

Reactions: BCj

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
@BCj Is your setting medieval or modern?
The right picture has more modern tiles than medieval era.
Well, considering that later on the story I'm going to add steampunk tiles/elements to the mix (thee are going to be cities/towns who have implemented the "steam technology" already, Fayhe's living in a very old/traditional little town) , I think it would be more modern than mediëval anyway. So it doesn't seem like a bad thing :)

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so this is the first time ever I tried my hand at parallax mapping so i kept it small and simple but (hopefully) detailed and somewhat pleasing to the eye. Any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated :)

Printing Shop Outside copy.jpg

And yes I know having a printing shop in the middle of what looks like a forest is a little weird (lol) but like I said it's my first time so I didn;t want to make it too complicated :)

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
I've been working on a project for a while now where I combine Time Fantasy graphics + self made elements with MV3D to produce a 90's rpg-yet-3D look: Happy with how it progresses, so posting my first screenshot:

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Maybe it's my wonky eyes, but it looks like the houses are about to topple over, forwards :p

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Maybe it's my wonky eyes, but it looks like the houses are about to topple over, forwards :p
Might be your wonkey eyes :p But serious: I can see it now that you pointed it out, but it has more to do with how I cut out the screenshot. In-game you don't get that feeling, or at least nobody who played it so far mentioned it. Still, helpful comment :)

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@gRaViJa I was just about to say the same thing as @BCj lol
Other then that it has a strong storybook vibe which is one way to explain the toppling over... Its the page turning :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Brioche with a crème patissiere filling is so tasty!
A group of Game creators and others who trying to revive the Feel of Multiplayer and TOWN/ROLEPLAY games
Wow, lots of RPG Maker MV stuff on sale on Steam for 50%-75% off. Steam, why you not tell me?!
looking for help on top secret project
The nick "Toeuia" that I'm using comes from a, idk, you okay the chess game while chit chatting them. The first two are students. Then you know, finally, the champion, and then the champion's sensei. I played like this so many times until suddenly there's another chess master. Very naive but super smart. After he lost, he kinda advised me not to give up on chest. Because the next one was never seen beaten. Touya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltedFish