Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@StrawberrySmiles: long time no see!

Vertical isn't necessarily a bad thing, keeps the game only scrolling in one direction so you know where you are and where you need to go.

Tileset is nice and looks easy to work with.

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
@Finnuval @slimmmeiske2
Sorry, sometimes my english slips. I meant it was a map for a love-cafe, but in general, as in theme, but not for pairs purpouse. Said that, I will work on a new floor-plan! I really liked those sugestions, thanks! (Oh, and there are decorations in the tables, but as sprites. But my map-print script cant catch those.)

SolonWise

The Lonely Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@StrawberrySmiles

Great map! I love old school, but I have a question.

It looks like all wooden objects are the exact same color. Are you limiting yourself to use only a small number of different color or is it an aesthetic choice?

@superkoopa

Something is something. Definitely. Surely Your screenshot shows a very unique style, but it made more sense after I read it will be a dance inspired RPG. Made me remember juuuust a little bit of PaRappa the rapper.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SolonWise that one green patch is aa bit too bright in comparisiom. Other then that I really like the colorsheme, very earthy xD

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@SolonWise I'd remove the shadow for the fence.
As it is, it looks like it's put down on the ground instead of standing on it.

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Remade my character creation scene, and the sprites used for it.

Players can choose from 19 hair styles in 8 colours and 6 skin tones. I think that'll be enough to begin with. Hair styles use HSV so not loading different graphics every colour.

superkoopa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Some great screenshots i'm seeing in this thread, really talented people around here!

@SolonWise Kick, punch, it's all in the mind! I'd be lying to myself if I claimed that wasn't an influence, throw some Jet Set Radio and Persona in the mix too, and that pretty much sums up what i'm trying to do with my project.

Made some progress on my previous screenshot, stylistically i'm where I want to be, though there is always room for improvement/change. The character sprite needs a redesign, or to be repurposed.

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@gRaViJa I honest think this is the first and only 3D RPG Maker game I've liked the look of. It looks fantastic.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
@gRaViJa I honest think this is the first and only 3D RPG Maker game I've liked the look of. It looks fantastic.
Thank you for your kind words! I think your project is the most impressive i've seen in a long while too btw!

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I remade my inventory scene, and added categories. Feedback from the old system was that it is just a huge sheet of icons making it very difficult to navigate. I also deployed larger icons for the selected item box.

Note: the gif has decreased the quality somewhat.

This is how it did look:

Eloise

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello! I have almost finished the first tileset for my game. I dont want to move onto the next tileset until i know this looks okay, so I would dearly love to know what you all think!
does anything look wrong? thank you for your time.

screenshot1a.pngscreensot1b.pngscreensot1c.png

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Eloise
- first map looks good, only the chairs look a bit small compared to everything else.

- second map : the bottom exit (guessing there is one since the carpet continues down needs to be more clear. If there is no bottom exit, then well the fact that I think there is is a problem lol).
The statues/arrmor look a bit weird due to the fact that the entire map is extremely symetrical and they are offset one tile (understandable with the lights but looks a bit off as a result).
The main chamber itself is to widee for its hight. I would make it 1 tile taller.

3d map - looks good.

All maps could use some more/better. shadow though. Its Inside and badly lit so there should be more/deeper shadows.
All in all decent mapping though xD

And as always, I'm just 1 guy with an opinion and we are all wrong anyway so... XD

Eloise

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Eloise
- first map looks good, only the chairs look a bit small compared to everything else.

- second map : the bottom exit (guessing there is one since the carpet continues down needs to be more clear. If there is no bottom exit, then well the fact that I think there is is a problem lol).
The statues/arrmor look a bit weird due to the fact that the entire map is extremely symetrical and they are offset one tile (understandable with the lights but looks a bit off as a result).
The main chamber itself is to widee for its hight. I would make it 1 tile taller.

3d map - looks good.

All maps could use some more/better. shadow though. Its Inside and badly lit so there should be more/deeper shadows.
All in all decent mapping though xD

And as always, I'm just 1 guy with an opinion and we are all wrong anyway so... XD
Thanks for the advice! I mostly threw these maps together for the purpose of showing the homemade tiles, but your observations are still very useful to me. I will implement your suggestions and improve the shadows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Brioche with a crème patissiere filling is so tasty!
A group of Game creators and others who trying to revive the Feel of Multiplayer and TOWN/ROLEPLAY games
Wow, lots of RPG Maker MV stuff on sale on Steam for 50%-75% off. Steam, why you not tell me?!
looking for help on top secret project
The nick "Toeuia" that I'm using comes from a, idk, you okay the chess game while chit chatting them. The first two are students. Then you know, finally, the champion, and then the champion's sensei. I played like this so many times until suddenly there's another chess master. Very naive but super smart. After he lost, he kinda advised me not to give up on chest. Because the next one was never seen beaten. Touya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltedFish