Game & Map Screenshots 11

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Kes , your ruins map looks great. The only beef I have with it is that the stream/river is too thin/small.

I'm just being nitpicky, but if there were once a people living here, that stream would not have been able to sustain the population. Perhaps that is why it is now in ruin? :p

Otherwise, great work. :)
-MIA

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@M.I.A. Sadly I have found it very difficult to make a stream autotile (because I want animated water) which falls between thin and the default wide. However, as this is, or rather was, a small military outpost, not a town, its population would never have been large, so I'm hoping the player doesn't notice.

Last edited:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My finalized Stat Upgrade screen:
Stats.png

I also updated my blacksmith's place w/ animated fire and some other small details.
Stuff.png

Edit: Updated the smithy's w/ Candacis's recommendations. ^.^

Last edited:

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Frostorm
PandaMaru made some blacksmith stuff: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/marus-mv-bits.46811/

@Ed19
This looks impressive, but I'm missing shadows. I don't know, if you are planning something with the lighting later, otherwise use the shadow tool in every right corner of the walls to give it some more depth. Like you would do with cliffs.

@Kes
What kind of tileset are you using? Looks like Celiannas Ancient Dungeons, but she has so many.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm I see you're also using Kingthings Petrock Light. It's a nice font.
And yeah, those screenshots Kes has posted are using Ancient Dungeons tiles.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Candacis The tile set is actually from several places - Celianna's Ancient Dungeons and Ancient Dungeons Jungle, with some editing, plus some heavily frankensprited fir trees & small bushes from Mack etc.. I created the ruins tiles out of a couple of bricks and an archway from Ancient Dungeons (yes, it took rather a long time!), stream autotile, the 2 flower autotiles and cliff vines by me, skeleton pile from RTP skeletons slightly recoloured and obviously arranged. Hmm, I think that's it.

EDIT, there is something else - the door archway in the cliff face is from Fantastic Buildings Medieval and the faint stone/grass autotile (not the floor tiles/grass one) is me.

@Sleepy Kitten Games As you can see, it's a bit more than just Ancient Dungeons.

Last edited:

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Kes Impressive, everything fits very well together.
If you are having trouble with the stream/water, send me a pn, maybe I can help. Have the set myself.

Reactions: Kes

Willibab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still unsure about the look but this is how it is currently. I wanted something elegant but simplistic.

The program i use to take the pictures is apparently ****ty all of a sudden >.< the letters are not supposed to be gradient.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Willibab For the actor sprite you use in the Menu, I'd definitely remove the shadow underneath it. It looks quite messy. My next thought depends entirely on how the equipment works. If that actor can indeed equip all those weapons, then fair enough. If he can't, I think that it would look much better if they weren't all listed, particularly as that would free up horizontal space for those line of extra information showing at the bottom. At the moment that block of info looks quite squashed.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Willibab I hope you aren't going to release this for mobile lol. Running such a high-resolution w/ such a small font size, eeek. I mean your HP/MP bars are already like 1mm thick on my desktop monitor, I can't imagine it on a phone screen. It does look sleek tho, which is at least what you were going for. What did you use for your window skins btw? The modern-looking UI actually looks pretty cool juxtaposed against the retro game art.

Willibab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Willibab For the actor sprite you use in the Menu, I'd definitely remove the shadow underneath it. It looks quite messy. My next thought depends entirely on how the equipment works. If that actor can indeed equip all those weapons, then fair enough. If he can't, I think that it would look much better if they weren't all listed, particularly as that would free up horizontal space for those line of extra information showing at the bottom. At the moment that block of info looks quite squashed.
I didnt even notice their shadow tbh ^^ I might change that, not sure if i dislike it or not tbh. Equipment is like octopath type of system so they can change back and forth in battle. All the weapon slots is indeed abit much but It certainly helps to fill the screen as it looked very barren before i added that stuff. I will need to check the plugin closer to see whats possible. The block info looks fine in-game ill try another screenshot with a different method. (i dont like all the decimals tho, trying to find how to change that atm)

@Willibab I hope you aren't going to release this for mobile lol. Running such a high-resolution w/ such a small font size, eeek. I mean your HP/MP bars are already like 1mm thick on my desktop monitor, I can't imagine it on a phone screen. It does look sleek tho, which is at least what you were going for. What did you use for your window skins btw? The modern-looking UI actually looks pretty cool juxtaposed against the retro game art.
I forgot you could even play these on phones xD So thats prolly a no, not even sure if im gonna release it or not, depends on how satisfied i am.

I can always adjust font size, i am actually looking to find a plugin to change font size in game (already have font change). Will prolly adjust the battle ui as im not satisfied yet.

I think the window technically is from the Mighty Pack but i have heavily edited it to the point where none of the original colors or borders are left xD

Sorry for double posting yet again, ffs i cant seem to shake this habit xD

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Willibab I merged your posts, if you want to quote multiple people you can use the '+Quote' option found on the lower right of the post (or just @ them).

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Kes , Too true.. water autotiles are a bit jarring to look at when banks/shores/etc, are 90degree corners. Hah! That's not a problem with your mapping so much as it is a problem with the 'norm' of water autotiles. :p

-MIA

MariaVirgolini

Cactus juice!
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1593466794315.png
I haven't still finished this, but I'm trying my best to avoid making square caves :kaoswt:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ganges That's got to be the cleanest Japanese font I've ever seen, the numbers as well. What is that font called?

ganges

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ganges That's got to be the cleanest Japanese font I've ever seen, the numbers as well. What is that font called?
It's a font called New Rodin-M.
It's also used in Final Fantasy 15 and other games.
It's subscription-based, and it costs about 5000 yen a year!

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@MariaVirgolini

I think, you can break it up a bit more. For instance, put a 2-tile wide cliff extension on the right side of the lower cliff. Right now it still looks square and blocky.

There is a good mapping tutorial about cliffs. Unfortunately in german, but you can help yourself with google translate:

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Screenshots of the starting village, currently named Kuldahar. I've actually recreated this same village three times in three different styles: first in Medieval style, then RTP, and finally in FSM, which is featured below.

First screenshot is of the longhouse, the Green, graveyard and a snap of the wizards tower. Second screenshot features the quaint market, and the third is the prominent farmers home. The interior screenshots are of the local longhouse/tavern in the starting town and a small local mine.

Still need to create and place harvest-able ore veins in the mine. Also want to fix The Green next to the Longhouse so that it is a more shaded gradual sloping hill than rough.

Kuldahar1.PNGKuldahar2.PNGKuldahar3.PNG

Longhouse.PNG
Caverns.PNG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Got inspired and started writing a simple tower defence battle system last night :o
Good news! I have located an amazing 3D website called SketchFab that has rotatable renderings of famous statues!
Picked up a physical copy of Megadimension Neptunia VII for the PS4 today. It's pretty good. I'm having a lot of fun with it.
The only upside of this remote semester was the plenty of funny photoshop material those facecams provided. Not that I would do that. Ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr