Xane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
(US) English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@slimmmeiske2 I actually can appreciate that as you did them justice. The original auto trees always looked weird in every maker, the only weird thing about it to me is the fact it sort of looks like it's now 'floating' on the ground if that makes any sense? Any chance of adding a slight shadow manually back in through a photo editor like Photoshop?

WeiHu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Guys, good day!

I use RM MV to develop RPG games about 2 years and very interesting in making skill animation used in battle.
So that I am devoted to research how to make more exciting and amazing skill animation to let the battle more fever.:biggrin:

This is one of my work, let's enjoy!

After watching my skill animation, you also can share your skill animation on this thread for enjoying.
Let's amazing!

If you have any suggestion or comment to my skill animation, you can leave words on this thread or under the video.
I will appreciate.:wink:

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here's the flagship store at Neuhume Advanced Electronics, in the Northeast Corporate District. They sell most of the cyberware in the game (not counting black market cyberware). On the second floor, you can visit the surgical suite and purchase permanent nanotech and bioware upgrades. So far just the two floors are planned for access. This location is still in progress.

Untitled.png

Here's some of the implants being sold.

implants.png

ADMtn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha. Fun.

That's as elaborate and long as some original FFVII summons (aka very long). Definitely reflects effort. Is there an option to skip the animation in your games (after seeing it a few times, it might feel like a bit of a time sink).

WeiHu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha. Fun.

That's as elaborate and long as some original FFVII summons (aka very long). Definitely reflects effort. Is there an option to skip the animation in your games (after seeing it a few times, it might feel like a bit of a time sink).
Thank you for enjoying. :)

Yep, I've worried about the animation may be too long, so there will set an option to skip if this animation style put in games.

Or...I consider about that this animation style can be designed for ultimate skill, it means the skill need additional conditions to restrict to use often.

Anyway, it is a good suggestion, thank you. :biggrin:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@WeiHu Since we have a thread for showing off screenshots and videos of your games/maps, I've moved it there.

@Xane Thanks and you're definitely right about the shadows. I tried adding them to the actual tile, but it either read it as black or as non-existant :aswt: So I used the shadow pen to add them. Here's the result:
1598007013905.png
And yes round(er) water autotiles :wub

SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Messing with hiding the bottom walls. I especially like this style but found it difficult to implement before. I think I'm getting a better handle of it maybe. But it looks a bit too spacious so I think I'll have to lift the bottom section a little.
Hidden Bottom Walls.png

Xane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
(US) English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@SoftCloud I agree with @The Stranger, and maybe you could push that 'back wall' up a tile or two? Sometimes a smaller packed room looks way better with a cut away wall like that. But It's totally optional and wouldn't take away the aesthetic if you didn't.

Zquence

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't know for sure where to post this, but I just wanted to share a beginners "work". Still new in all this RPG Maker thingy! All thoughts and feedback is welcome.

Made in RPG Maker MZ.

Capture.PNGMap001.png

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Welcome @Zquence.
Since we have a dedicated thread for showing of map/game screenshots I've moved your thread there.

Zquence

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Welcome @Zquence.
Since we have a dedicated thread for showing of map/game screenshots I've moved your thread there.
Oh, thanks! I will make sure to read the forum through more carefully next time. :)))

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@SoftCloud I think it would be worth while investing a bit of time in editing some tiles to make them sideways view If they don't already exist) so that you could put a cupboard along a side wall. Not only would that look more natural than having everything up against the back wall, but often means that the room can be narrower. You could also create 'tops' of cupboards that you could put against the bottom wall.

[When I say 'a bit of time' I can take a front cupboard and make it into a sideways cupboard in about 3 minutes, so it's not onerous. A bottom wall cupboard is less than a minute.]

Last edited:

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Zquence
This already looks like a good start. I like the little walkway you did in front of the house, very creative.

A few suggestions:

I would use the shadowtool to place shadows on the right side of any house wall. In your case until the shadow touches the bottom of another wall or the tree on the right edge of the house.
Think always that the light comes from the top left, so naturally the house would throw a shadow to the bottom right.

You have a big wall of trees. Normally in a forest you have areas with fewer trees or trees standing further apart. To simulate this in RPG Maker, I would leave some small areas inside the forest blank (just grass or other little details). Such clearings could work in your map on the left half where you have a lot of forest.

At the edge of your big path, you have this darker grass autotile. Which is fine, but it looks weird that it always stops in front of the trees. You could paint the darker grass under some of the trees and it would look more natural.

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, happy Saturday to all of you beautiful people. I hope those of you who picked up RMMZ are enjoying it so far. It's screenshot Saturday, so post 'em if you got 'em! I'd love to see everyone's progress.

I just uploaded this yesterday, but figured I'd post it here as well for additional exposure. It's my first attempt at making a teaser-trailer, so I hope you all enjoy. Have an awesome weekend!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

• Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Staring at all the RPG Maker versions I have and realizing that my project has been a long time coming. But, I finally feel like I have the knowledge and experience to make it into something good.
    We're almost done with the jam game! :D
    I get scam calls all the time so today I gave them a piece of my mind. They hung up on me. Sweet revenge.
    There’s a beehive in my wall

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nagamatsu1945