The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@PLUEVNR I love those maps! The lighting looks pretty sweet, too. Personally, I'd try to make the areas outside of the lighting effects somewhat darker.

@gabrieldiastche Your mapping is really improving. :) The bottom-left room, the one with the piano, still looks off, though. Have you considered removing those eight tiles at the bottom?

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@gabrieldiastche
Looks already better!
Why are there no windows? Unless this is a cellar, I would put in some windows. The bottom left carpet has a weird shape. Most carpets have uniform shapes, like rectangular. Why is the map cut off down there?
The big pile of boxes seems weird, too. I assume, you wanted to fill the space? Something like a potted plant, sideview bookcases etc. might work better.

Lycanimuss

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
This is a Wip of my Ligh Effect and Fog that I'm working on recently for my project!

Tavern:

Video in Game: (To check better the Fog Effect outside the windows and the door)

Appreciate the feedback, thanks!

Last edited:

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Lycanimuss There's a small thing that I'll nitpick about your lighting: the two lamps in the middle are casting light on the wall behind them despite a corner being in the way. Instead of lighted areas, these should be darker than the rest of the room.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just remade the bottom floor of the hotel in The Wastes, and am currently working on the rest of the floors, thanks to some inspiration from a hotel blueprint. Making NPCs is exhausting...

First floor.

Second floor, still in progress.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cthulhusquid That floor is really hard on the eyes. Have you thought about adding other floor tiles or carpets at various points throughout your map? I think it'd really help make the floors look more visually interesting.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@cthulhusquid That floor is really hard on the eyes. Have you thought about adding other floor tiles or carpets at various points throughout your map? I think it'd really help make the floors look more visually interesting.
I can definitely try to find a tile that looks less hard on the eyes, and see what I can do about breaking up the flooring. I'm doing research on hospitality carpeting and design, thanks to your comment.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@cthulhusquid
I can't see the bigger images on imgur, but from a distant glance, I would either make the floor or the wall less busy. Each on its own is okay, but together it is very overwhelming.
You could use some pottet plants and paintings on your floors.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@cthulhusquid I also can't see the bigger images on imgur, so it's hard to be sure about my comments, but here goes.

You seem to have wall lights which light up the bit of wall next to them, but they don't appear to throw any light onto the floor. There is, therefore, no lighting contrast which adds to the somewhat boring appearance of the upper floor in particular. I second the suggestion of potted plants and paintings - but paintings only on a less busy wall.

Again on the upper floor - those doors don't appear to match with the architectural style and choice of wall/floor. I can understand elevator doors looking metallic, but not the room doors. Seems more suited to an office or warehouse.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@cthulhusquid
I can't see the bigger images on imgur, but from a distant glance, I would either make the floor or the wall less busy. Each on its own is okay, but together it is very overwhelming.
You could use some pottet plants and paintings on your floors.
Firefox seems to be having issues with Imgur at the moment, I would use another browser to look at them. I can add some paintings, pretty much most plants would be dead since it's a post-apocalyptic desert environment.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Firefox seems to be having issues with Imgur at the moment, I would use another browser to look at them. I can add some paintings, pretty much most plants would be dead since it's a post-apocalyptic desert environment.
I have the same issue on Chrome.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The issue seemed to start a day or so ago for me. No idea what's causing it.

GMDev997

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been working on some custom action sequencing for my game's final battle. I think it's coming along well, but I'd like some eyes that aren't mine to judge how it looks. The only thing I think could use work tho is the speed of the sequences, it seems like they could be a bit fast and confusing to someone who hasn't created them and seen them over and over.

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Really cool, how did you make this effect, Photoshop?
Community lighting. What I did do though was use paint or some other paint program to change colors around of the lights and then get the color data from the shifted colors. So I have 'emergency' lights now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?
I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...
People,I have seen that Someone from China/Chile and London is doing a Vaccine Against COVID-19.
Doing anything that yield good result in the long run is like sowing seeds. With proper care, they will grow and bear fruits. I'm excited for tomorrow. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sasakureman