Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Some shots from a luxury clothing store, Giovada. You will be able to buy bespoke armored suits and luxury clothing to increase your style. I'm not completely finished with this yet.

I did custom make a few of these clothes! :kaophew: (the bottom two in the middle of the first floor) I also edited the shadows at the base of the clothing stands and changed the coloring of the hangers.

The first floor.
GV1.png
The second floor.
GV2.png

Last edited:

grimf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@GMDev997

I think it looks ok. I don't like how they glide around, would it be possible to add a walking animation? I think it would make it look better. Also for the fakeout, I think it might be more realistic if it was more of a hop backwards. If it was meant to be a quick dodge, it would be a short hop, this is how it is in combat sports. I think in general it's hard to follow what's going on so it might be a little too fast.

@Ninjakillzu

I like it, the clothes look good, but why the tint? I also don't like the walls. They look metal and I think that would be a strange interior wall for a luxury clothing store like this. I think maybe you should experiment with some different walls.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Ninjakillzu

I like it, the clothes look good, but why the tint? I also don't like the walls. They look metal and I think that would be a strange interior wall for a luxury clothing store like this. I think maybe you should experiment with some different walls.
I can change the walls. (I just realized you were talking about the interior part for the wall and not the wall itself)

As for the tint, it's a stylized look I'm going for. All of the building interiors have an orange tint. I got inspired by the warm interior lighting in Blade Runner 2049.

EDIT
@grimf Better?

walls.png

Last edited:

grimf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It looks pretty dim and more brownish to me. It currently kinda looks like that effect people use sometimes to make something look like it's in the past. Also, the orange tint wouldn't just come from nothing either, it would be from a light source like a window for example that leads outside, where there's orange things reflecting orange light, or maybe orange furniture inside reflecting orange light. I think there should be windows as well, or some kind of wall decorations. I think the repetetive rectangle pattern looks kind of weird. No I wouldn't use the dressing room walls. I'm not really sure what you're going for so it's hard to say what to use.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@gabrieldiastche You say that this is a store which sells luxury goods, but I don't see anything which says "luxury" to me. It all looks a bit utilitarian. Until I read your desciption I thought this was just an ordinary clothes store.

A luxury place would have somewhere comfortable to sit on while your partner browses. There might be a small table nearby with complementary chocolates/candies. There certainly would not be lots of empty clothes hangers, which make it look like somewhere at the end of a Sales day when most stuff has already been sold. (No need for lots of extra clothes, space out what you have as well.) A luxury store wants to give the feeling of comfort, of being slightly pampered, it wants you to linger a bit so that the walking assistant (I don't see one, only the one at the cash desk) has a better chance to tempt you into buying something extra. In other words, there needs to be at least a hint of self-indulgence.

Zquence

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I need some feedback on this level, for my "Roleplaying Session" game! I already know that the lighting/shadows are a little off, but I wanted to go for some kind of "atypical" setup...

Thanks in advance!
Map002.png

EDIT:
Map002.png

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Zquence you have neither windows nor artificial lights. Where does the lighting come from?

Zquence

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Kes, I must be too tired at the moment... I for some reason thought the whole map was in pure daylight... Will redo it later! Thanks! :kaoswt:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Zquence It might indeed be daylight, but that daylight has to get inside the building somehow, it can't come through the roof.

Last edited:

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@gabrieldiastche You say that this is a store which sells luxury goods, but I don't see anything which says "luxury" to me. It all looks a bit utilitarian. Until I read your desciption I thought this was just an ordinary clothes store.

A luxury place would have somewhere comfortable to sit on while your partner browses. There might be a small table nearby with complementary chocolates/candies. There certainly would not be lots of empty clothes hangers, which make it look like somewhere at the end of a Sales day when most stuff has already been sold. (No need for lots of extra clothes, space out what you have as well.) A luxury store wants to give the feeling of comfort, of being slightly pampered, it wants you to linger a bit so that the walking assistant (I don't see one, only the one at the cash desk) has a better chance to tempt you into buying something extra. In other words, there needs to be at least a hint of self-indulgence.
You've got the wrong guy! :kaomad3:

Anyway, I get what you mean. That part with the hangers is the second floor. I can add a few other employees around, add some refreshments, and get rid of the hanger part.

EDIT
You can buy some scotch or sake while you shop.

gnew1.png
gnew2.png

Last edited:

GMDev997

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it looks ok. I don't like how they glide around, would it be possible to add a walking animation? I think it would make it look better.
I don't think it would really be possible to add an animation, as I'm not that great an artist and I'm only working off of the battle spritesheet. I purposefully changed the player motion from 'waiting' to 'guard' though while they're moving because it looked even sillier having them standing straight while moving, rather than at least having their hunches up like a boxer.

Also for the fakeout, I think it might be more realistic if it was more of a hop backwards. If it was meant to be a quick dodge, it would be a short hop, this is how it is in combat sports. I think in general it's hard to follow what's going on so it might be a little too fast.
Not a bad idea, I could try a hop instead. I think I was more going for a kind of Lil Mac counter from Smash Ultimate. I'll also slow down the sequences, might even look better slowed down anyway. Thanks for the feedback!

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I've just started on a new project and I'm trying parallax mapping for the first time. Would appreciate some feedback! It's a lot more labour intensive than I'd imagined and I want to see whether it's actually worth making the maps this way.

Click here to see my map set-up

I love that camera view, reminds me of Silent Storm. As for the parallaxing itself, it looks good to me, but I've also never done parallax mapping.

Ophiucus Games

Ophiucus Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I love that camera view, reminds me of Silent Storm. As for the parallaxing itself, it looks good to me, but I've also never done parallax mapping.
Thanks! I could achieve something sort of similar with tile sets which would be a lot quicker, but I wanted it to try this “cutaway” style. Just wondering if it’s worth me investing hours in each map. I’m sure it’ll get quicker over time, but still...

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Ophiucus Games Your map is attractive, but I'm not sure that it quite works.

Do people build and live in such oddly shaped houses. Take the kitchen, for example, the right hand side. Because of the slanted angle, it would be virtually impossible to reach anything on the far end of the shelf, because of the amount of space you'd have to stretch over. It took me a while to work out what that was in the middle. Would people put such a huge bathroom (without door - doesn't anyone in that family want privacy, ever?) slap bang between the kitchen and the living room? And the bedroom at the front; of necessity a lot of wasted space between the bed and the wall.

You could legitimately argue that this is a stylistic choice, in which case, fair enough. There are, though, a couple of things which don't fall into that category.

If you compare the black circular shapes on the stove(?) next to the sink with the actual circular shape of the sink, you will see that you have 2 different perspectives. The sink looks correct to me, the hobs on the stove are too upright. The cupboard next to the stove is strangely shallow in depth. I don't see how it could hold a plate of that size. Would it not be the same depth as the halfheight cupboards? The flue pipe from the fire on the right presumably goes to the outside, as the wall is only one brick thick. I would expect to see something on the external side of that wall to indicate where the flue ends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 7)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A beloved family member passed away due to complication to combat COVID and diabetes. Rest in peace Grandma.
Just got FES pack for my MZ. The details of the tilesets and chars seem not very compatible with MZ rtp. Look like they are scaled up. Not saying it's bad, but just won't fit well.
I've been busy with other things lately but I'm getting back into working on stuff for my game next month. I think I'm going to fiddle with making NPC busts next, mixing and matching stuff from DLC I've purchased.
Just finished composing a boss battle theme!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roeselerfinnole