Skyquake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kes i understood now. I'll see what I can do about it though since I don't think I have many choices to juggle with in the RTP.

Skyquake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Christian777 i like the animation. I just feel the hero needs to ne paced a few pixels higher. He is not in the same line as the mob.

SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Christian777 I like how intricate these animations are. Bravo so far~!

@superkoopa This is a great style, I think they can be highly engaging. You can set up a variety of moods and atmosphere through these methods. I've liked the idea of doing this sort of style while having changing environments. Like rainstorms, ticking clocks, or frayed sparking wires. Keep up the good work, the current work has great lighting.

Last edited:

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Playing around with Parallax mapping

View attachment SylvanVillage.jpg

It's even more time consuming than I imagined but slowly making some progress. The assets are from PV Games which I have several packs of between DLC purchases and Humble Bundle.....
Seriously learning how to use layers in Gimp doing this though........

Last edited by a moderator:

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Power to the merging! Efficiency has been achieved. Good day mod human! You are most murda.

Stab everything! May the gears of Xeno be honored forever. I shall become a poet. Continue on mortals.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I decided to change the way the first map of Torn Skies looks, because it no longer matched the style of the maps from the first section of the game. I think it looks better like this.
Left is the old version, right is the new version.

Better screencap of the new version
Speaking of maps from the first section, this is from when the player first comes to the village at the start of the game.
The "Strange Woman" is speaking a language from the world of Torn Skies, because she didn't yet realize that the player is a human who doesn't speak that language.
And this is a small, optional dungeon in the first area of the game.

Attachments

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So now I know the proper thread for this stuff LOL.

Pollopezz8

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi there!
This is a world map for a really short game I'd like my close friends to play.
I'd be really grateful if anyone would like to suggest what I could improve on.
I can already see that in my opinion there is too much land and too little sea, so I also ask if you agree or disagree with me with this observation.
It's my first world map, so it probably will contain many errors and will be very basic.
Thank you!
(mapshot taken using the Himework's Map Screenshot tool )

Ophiucus Games

Ophiucus Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!
I can already see that in my opinion there is too much land and too little sea, so I also ask if you agree or disagree with me with this observation.
It's my first world map, so it probably will contain many errors and will be very basic.
Thank you!
My first impression is that the map looks pretty big, particularly if it's for a very short game as you say. But that is a personal taste thing party, as I prefer smaller world maps full of things to see rather than large ones with less content.

Is this map meant to represent the entire planet, or just a section of it? If it's the whole world, I would make sure that all four edges are sea. Otherwise the player will reach a straight line where the land stops and can't proceed further, which might look strange. If it's just a section of the whole world that the characters inhabit, then you'll need a clear border e.g. mountains separating the edges of this map from the (imaginary) outside kingdoms.

It might be worth trying a less regular coastline with more random inlets, as you'd see on a real coastline. This can look a bit blocky with the default world map tileset, which would be the downside to this approach.

tonytank1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Testing my first 3D map, created using 3ds Max and Photoshop software.

This map is amazing! Are you developing an entire game using this style?

I'm also working on a concept that mixes realism with pixel art but you're on a whole other level!

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi there!
Thank you!
That is a humongous world map for a short game. In one of my short games, the world map is really tiny.
Screenshot (163).png

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just started playing around with MZ today.

I thought about placing two tables with computers near the windows as well, but they are gray so I wasn't sure if it's a good idea to have clashing colors. I need to have the two characters walking toward the windows and look outside during the cutscene. This map is only used for an intro scene and won't appear again. Should I fix the two tables in anyway or leave them as they are?

Used to make a library map with XP tiles when I used VX Ace, too, and it was better than this. I miss having those modern tiles, lol.

@Sleepy Kitten Games Personally, having that day and time display in the middle left is annoying to my eyes. Same goes for the location and gold as well. Too much clutter on the left side, I think. Is it possible to spread them out to the top left and right instead?

SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sleepy Kitten Games The placement of the day/time can seem intrusive. Perhaps mirroring it on the bottom right? It’s a brilliant thing to include, especially if dire to gameplay. I have something similar on the top right of my game currently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I should finish the cat video I'm editing and finish the indesign stuff. So far only 1 is done and 4 to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasapembuatanwebsite