Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everyone here works really hard to make their project happens. I would like to show all of you about APNG in MZ, but I am still learning so not worth showing yet.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@Frostorm Please find a place to use your first blood moon it would be so great in a planet like Pitch Black movie but with... I dunno, vampires or space horror movie. I'd so much ask to keep it if I was working on a game like that.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm Please find a place to use your first blood moon it would be so great in a planet like Pitch Black movie but with... I dunno, vampires or space horror movie. I'd so much ask to keep it if I was working on a game like that.
Oh definitely, it's such a pretty wallpaper/background lol. Might use it for some major event mid/late game then.

SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Need to mask out the extra chalk but happy so far with the classroom revision.
classroom.png
Classroom_smaller.png
@Mr. Detective Made a quick edit. Smaller version.

Last edited:

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@SoftCloud
Looks like a big university classroom. Fancy glass windows, too, although I gotta say that's not very common...

Why is it so dark, though? What's that big glass window on the top left, or is that supposed to be a door? If that's a door, then it looks bad. You can put more desks on both sides.

SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mr. Detective Oh you're right, it is a bit too dark no? I think I was thinking of it being a map version when there is overcast. (My game has varying weather for each map). I should make it brighter or another version brighter. The classroom is based off of old gothic architecture as is the setting city. Sort of like Gotham. I may make it more narrow though. Good food for thought. Thank you~!
That window that may look like a door I think I should move up or remove. Thanks for that. XD

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm
Imo the one with clouds looks better.
There's too much empty space on the sides in the other one.
i agree on the empty space Issue, i just think that the red clouds on the left side should look more like the bigCloud which is on the righ side
(less red more purple/blue)

following Img Shows where the Cloud looks good, and where is to much red
1604784173163.png

(the moon and the brighter parts of the Clouds will give enough red to the Img also it makes no sence if only the right cloud is purple\blue on its darkSide parts)

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would this border help w/ the emptiness? Or should I go back to the one w/ clouds? I don't have the photoshop skills to do what you described @Dopan lol.
View attachment 167442
If you want, send me the Imgs without the New game and other extra outline stuff ,and i will try it..

the "clouds-using_Img" looks really better than just using stars^^

if you got extra singel cloud Imgs that would be really helpfull aswell

Last edited:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha, omg it worked! I added a fog of war and it works in LTBS! So now the player will wander through the cave in the dark and may aggro enemies before they can be seen, muahaha! This screenshot is IN COMBAT!
1605149267799.png
1605150485691.png

Notice on the right, the player can see how many enemies there are upon entering combat, but the player will have to guess where/what enemies are lurking in the dark. Here in the 2nd screenshot, there are 2 monsters present, the worm you see and also a slime hidden somewhere on the left.

Edit: Big let down...I just realized the light source doesn't move w/ the player once combat starts...;_;

Attachments

Last edited:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a WIP starting town map...I need some ideas for the layout for the rest of the map lol. The top right is the entrance to a cave dungeon, w/ a few parts blocked off (see top area aka small cave entrance) until you beat certain parts of the dungeon. Towards the top left of the map goes to another map (Cliffside), where the intro happens. Strange how the sky didn't show up in the screenshot. Please view this in its native resolution.:kaophew:

The bigger house on the left is the blacksmith (crafting+shop). Then there are those 2 smaller houses, which I haven't really put to use lore-wise yet, as in I'm not sure who's gonna live there lol.
Town.jpg

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
here a video and an img about the crusader which i want to use in my new project as main hero.. i think i am allready near to put all frames on the right position and to resize without looking to bad..

Screenshot_2.png
the video shows different size tests
(the big one is the default size)

i tried to make it fit with the chibi style of other chars

here is where i got the assets from..
it allows even diagonal movement and also has fighting poses..
(it uses 15 frames by default instead of the 3 frames MV uses)

what do you think , does this fit into the Chibi Style?

( also pls dont care about the black lines , these will be deleted with more accurate frame img edits)

SAmaster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey I'm brand new to RPGmaker, decided to make a for-fun project for myself. I have about 75% of the maps I want for my first chapter, and want to start working on making NPC's, but I'm having trouble with the character generator. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SAmaster I think for your forests, you should either go w/ the black "ceiling" or the trees, but not both at the same time in the same place. Look at the top right of your Woods map and the middle-left of Woods 2. It looks kinda weird to have trees sticking out from a black background imo.

Elissiaro

aka MsLilly
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SAmaster

Firstly, your interiors are very big, square, and empty.

In the church (chapel?), the giant stained glass window and altar set up in the background is gorgeous, but a lot of what the player will see in the church is just floor and carpet, maybe some chairs.
I'd cut out a lot of the sides of the map. Maybe take out 2 rows of chairs and 1 row of pillars on each side, and put walls there. Also the small windows look weird with the big ones.
Church.png
There's still too much boring samey space with the seats, but I'm not too sure what to do with that while keeping it looking super grand and impressive.

The... Inn? I feel like it might be an inn. Cause of the many tiny rooms with the commoner-ish beds.
Anyway, it has so many rooms and hallways that are just empty. Like 50% of it is empty hallway.
I'm not even sure where to begin with improving it but... Try to remove as many hallways as possible. And remove some of the extra rooms.

I really like the town map with the train.

The other one, again, big, empty spaces.
And same with the little, side area by the castle(?) with the little pond thing. Too much grass with nothing to break it up, very square.

As for the forest maps... They're a bit of a mess.
I'd reccommend keeping the wall type trees the same height and not putting anything in the black leaf/ceiling tiles. Treat them like wall tiles and make rooms. And keep the smaller trees and bushes and stuff inside the rooms.

As a general advice. I'd reccomend doing your mapping in 100% zoom. And playtest how it feels to wander around your maps often.
I think a common piece of advice is; There should always be something interesting for the player to look at.

I hope I helped.

SAmaster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostrom Well I wanted the taller trees I could get, but I also rather dislike the black space in between the leaves. If there was a way to do the leaves so they don't have black voids I'd probably do that.

@Elissario Thankfully I have a second floor map for the church that lest you get a look at the bottom floor and the stained glass windows, so you can have a better look at them from up there. I wanted the church to be oversized to show that religion is very important in the setting- so the church is the biggest building in the town. You are right, I think I could serve to indent the walls a little bit.

I felt the mansion was too large- I had trouble coming up with rooms for the upper and lower floors. The beds there are meant to be servant quarters.

The big building on the top left is meant to be the church. I tried to get around the town being too blocky with some curved roads on the corners and some side streets. I don't really know how to make it less of a square though given how RPGmaker works.

I've played around with the maps a lot with the playtesting, and I think they look much better from the zoomed in view, thanks for the advice.

Pootscooter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Mandarin
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The big building on the top left is meant to be the church. I tried to get around the town being too blocky with some curved roads on the corners and some side streets. I don't really know how to make it less of a square though given how RPGmaker works.
Take a look at other people's maps in this thread for some inspiration. For example, look at @Frostorm's town map, even though it's a WIP. There's literally only 1 square looking thing in his map (the small square cliff sticking out next to the stairs in the middle/left of the map), but I suspect that part is still being worked on. The rest of his map looks very natural/organic. Also, make use of elevation a bit, perhaps not as much as in @Frostorm's map since that's a mountain village, but having a 1 tile elevation change here and there helps a ton.

SAmaster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pootscooter

I want it to be at the edge of a cliff. I could maybe add some more verticality at the margins though- maybe on the bottom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 6)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just realised that the reason behind me not being able to make a game may be the lack of my original resources. I just dont like the look of MV faces and sprites, lol. Guess I will have make my own art.
I'm posting a commission art soon! :kaoswt2:
So here's a fun/tragic fact about me: I have an awful memory. But to be correct, I have memory "leaks". My memory is actually amazing, my issue is I can't keep memories for long, in fact, I once forgot my name. :kaoswt2:
The neighbourhood cats brought me a kitten today. They sat him on the step and semi-circled him. He's adorable, but now I gotta find somewhere for him.
So basically, I added strings to my musics and BAM, it doesn't sound empty anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiliamsons