hosercanadian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just a couple of shots of the parallax mapping I did for my game. The buildings in town are all a series of map layers that become transparent when you move behind them or removed when you go into the building.

Yes, the maps do look empty as I have not added the events or characters yet. Once I have finished mapping chapter 1 I will add the events.

Attachments

• Screenshot_camp.png
    Screenshot_camp.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_town.png
    Screenshot_town.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 28

bg400

AKA WriterStudios (avatar made by DrQuack64)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bg400 Oh, a fan game. Haven't seen one on here for a long time.
Two things that struck me right away:
- The "Merce Madness" text on the title screen looks bad compared to the other texts. Not awful, but the lack of fill-in color makes it somewhat unpleasant to read. What's the point of that?
- The flowery decorations on the HUDs make them look clutter and annoying to my eyes. They're just too much. Perhaps consider removing them or toning them down.

@Mr. Detective I apologize for those issues.... The "merge madness" is supposed to be a Super Mario font, and I guess I wasn't really thinking on how it would look to others. I've change it, and have done the same with the battle HUD. I've actually been considering changing it, anyways. Thanks for the criticism, and again, my apologies.

Freank

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
I played that game, Mistia is a really nice game and made together.
it's has a nice town, really well set up, if you dont know the game,
Play it, it has some very unique features in it that you dont see
in any game or anytime soon anyway.
You should see the comments in the gameplay video posted before ^^"

bg400

AKA WriterStudios (avatar made by DrQuack64)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So... here's an improved title screen and battle hud. Any thoughts are appreciated.

new title screen.png
new battle hud.png

MichaelRIR

Niakat on Discord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My first time sharing any of my work of any kind on RPG Maker. This is a short teaser video exploring a city that I am working on right now. Tentatively called Orbury, Home of the Wolves, our Barbarian/Viking style hero (one of 16 you can start as) will call Orbury his/her home town.

MichaelRIR

Niakat on Discord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Block and Spell Resist could both be shields of differing types. Armor Penetration, a suit of armor with a crack through the middle of it, almost in a broken heart style. Physical and Magical mitigation... something with a bit of transparency applied to it.

Edit: I'm envious by the way, love the clean appearance!

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Block and Spell Resist could both be shields of differing types. Armor Penetration, a suit of armor with a crack through the middle of it, almost in a broken heart style. Physical and Magical mitigation... something with a bit of transparency applied to it.

Edit: I'm envious by the way, love the clean appearance!
Thank you for the input! I've updated my post to reflect some new icons. :kaopride:

MichaelRIR

Niakat on Discord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for the input! I've updated my post to reflect some new icons. :kaopride:
Those are beautiful! Well done.. something tells me we must enjoy the same kind of games because those are exactly what I visualized.

Do you create the icons yourself?

mmiller9280

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
how are my shadows?

https://tenor.com/view/gif-19375065

(for some reason site wont let me upload this directly, how is less than 8MB too big :c)

(also, GIF contents are heavily distorted because ig compression, but shadows are still visible)

I love it. Did you make the graphics? The video was a bit blurry.

A skill choice system I'm working on. It's not pretty, I know (I'm very art incompetent D: ) I feel like it needs dividers, at least vertically to separate each skill. Any suggestions?

Untitled.jpg

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Do people actually use buff/debuff function?
Ami

Imagine you (as Miner) Sleep in the Cave,the other side is a Bunch of Golds,how d'you feel?
finally got footage of my main character running around his corrupted street...
I finally got the ships and water to flow like I wanted to~ the canals are a success. Now to loop the animation for the kites. So many kites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owari_no_Panda