Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Deckiller Unless it's possible to exit those buildings part way up, a significant section of the map will never be visible to the player.

Deckiller

Phoenix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh it'll be visible to the player :p

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm thinking of using the CC Wild Words font for my game, so it has a more manga/anime-ish aesthetic. It's what I use when I translate manga, anyway.

Does it look okay in a game, though? I might be used to it, but I'm not sure about others.

I'm also thinking of changing the default color to black instead. It'd be a pain to change text color for every textbox. Seems like the only way to do that is to color the white box in the windowskin to black? =w=

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I'm looking for some feedback on these item descriptions. Lemme know what you think in regards to UI, formatting, presentation, or even lore/flavor text.
1607072457447.png
1607072497820.png
Edit:
...for those curious what the difference between a Lusk vs a Lusk'r is:
1607072866804.png

P.S. I think it's fitting for an Elf-Orc to DW an Orcish Axe + Elven Sword :p
*character name and portrait are placeholders*

Last edited:

Wyrde

Sunset Crow
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wanted to feel included and share a cozy camp I made in MZ. I miss the water quality of MV though...

Map001.png

grizel

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thought I'd share the lil villages I made for my Christmas game :)
  • Gingerbread, candy canes, pink trees, Christmas lights and ornaments are from Maru
  • Cake houses and candy roads are from Dwys
candy-town.jpg
snowy-village.jpg

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@grizel Super cute maps! I merged your post with the Screenshots thread though, it's the best place for it.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi, I'm looking for some feedback on these item descriptions. Lemme know what you think in regards to UI, formatting, presentation, or even lore/flavor text.
View attachment 169798
View attachment 169799
Edit:
...for those curious what the difference between a Lusk vs a Lusk'r is:
View attachment 169801

P.S. I think it's fitting for an Elf-Orc to DW an Orcish Axe + Elven Sword :p
*character name and portrait are placeholders*
I think they're perfectly good. They give a good sense of flavor and tell the player exactly what they do. I really like your UI as well.

Dust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Deckiller the tileset looks so cool and nostalgic! Also great job on the map

@Ninjakillzu That looks like a very extensive class system :) I would separate the paragraphs by a full empty line in the second screen (like you do for the individual levels in the third screen), I think that'll make it a bit easier to read.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Deckiller the tileset looks so cool and nostalgic! Also great job on the map

@Ninjakillzu That looks like a very extensive class system :) I would separate the paragraphs by a full empty line in the second screen (like you do for the individual levels in the third screen), I think that'll make it a bit easier to read.
Yeah, it's definitely extensive. Better?

class select 4 SW.png

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm, looks okay, love! :biggrin: Tip: a way to save dem precious words in your flavour text is to cut out vague words like "rather" and "quite". Jus' drop 'em, nobody will miss 'em! Also, please please don't make weapons with tin blades... :biggrin: :biggrin:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm, looks okay, love! :biggrin: Tip: a way to save dem precious words in your flavour text is to cut out vague words like "rather" and "quite". Jus' drop 'em, nobody will miss 'em! Also, please please don't make weapons with tin blades... :biggrin: :biggrin:
Thanks for the tip! I'm aware Tin is soft and unviable, but that's why its the crappiest tier lol. It's just there for lv1-5 and so the Tin can be used to make Bronze.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For a good 6 months now I've been working on my game project in RMMV in 3D. Here you can see the main character strolling through a harbor area of the main city. Noticed the birds flying too low after making the gif, so i got that fixed now. I'm happy with the results!

Oh, game is called Eniko: Ghosts Of Grace, you can find more info on it through the links in my signature.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Perhaps it was a bad idea to use white window and black texts?

I can't change the colors of those texts. It's tied to the default text color, which is black. I have Visustella's core menu. I don't think there's any way to change those text colors separately. T_T

@Wyrde Something looks strange about those trees on the top left. You have those two bush and flowerpot blocking the campsite, which look bad. Also, it doesn't make sense to have a tree stump and a log in the campsite, either. Are they used as seats? Still very odd to my eyes, so maybe use wooden chairs instead, or put more logs around the campfire.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't change the colors of those texts. It's tied to the default text color, which is black. I have Visustella's core menu. I don't think there's any way to change those text colors separately. T_T
Are you able to give it a white outline perhaps? Or another light color?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is."-Krishna
FastFood in my country is neither fast nor cheap like it's expected to be, but people still buy a lot of it. I don't want to imagine how much of it people would eat if it was.
Started finishing up my bosses and characters...I don't know how long...but its going to take long...

I ended up needing to do a chapter one world map remake. It's still WIP but coming along nicely. =D
Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karuu