Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Frostorm There is already a faint white outline around the texts, but it still isn't enough to make those two numbers easier to see. Can't use another color besides white or the texts in dialogue will look weird, too.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@gRaViJa, looks cool, totally 90s! :biggrin: I dig it. But what happens when you go behind houses? Can you see your character at all? Also, those boats floating in the harbour, man, I'm sorry to say but they just look weird!

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@alice_gristle 90's is what I was going for! :) At some parts you will see your characters outline. it won't be implemented on every single tile, but on big buildings etc. it will. Some stuff might look weird because of changed perspective from 2d to 3d, but you recognised it as a boat floating in the harbor, so for now that's enough :) At some point I will replace objects like that with my own version with correct perspective, but my focus for graphics is elsewhere now.

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been on this forum forever and never did it occur to me to post here, so gonna give it a try :)

First a lovely autumn forest.

And now what perhaps may be a hot take lol (I personally prefer on map encounters)

For the record, I don't hate random encounters. Plenty of games and classics I love use them. I just prefer the less disruptive nature of on map encounters.

bg400

AKA WriterStudios (avatar made by DrQuack64)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So... due to reasons of lack of ability making a crossover story, and other reasons in general, I've decided to completely shift my Mario RPG game into something more traditional and somewhat rougelike, while also giving the extra third spotlight to my favorite WarioWare character. :)

newer title screen.png

(Battle screenshots will come later)

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Apologies in advance, this post is gonna take up some space. I wanted to get an opinion on which style of mapping is better. The 1st type is basically a giant map cut up into smaller sections w/ continuity between each map/section. The 2nd type is made of 4 maps I recently commissioned which don't really have continuity but are connected by 1-tile wide pathways.

Rawr.jpg
*Note: I had to reduce the img quality of Style 1's maps since it was too large to post. It's actually 6 maps, but I pasted it into 1 large img. The black lines denote the edges of the maps.
1608174543235.png
1608174595497.png
1608174655020.png
1608174656123.png

Last edited:

Pootscooter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Mandarin
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can tell they were made by different people lol. The 1st Style definitely looks more natural/organic. The 2nd Style looks more like a cave that only exists in video games. What I mean is, real caves don't have large boxy rooms that get pinched into a "1-tile wide passage" as you described. So I vote for Style #1, the large 6 section map.

Plus, I imagine it would be easier to get lost in the 2nd Style since there's no visible continuity. Players would have to memorize where each map is in relation to each other, whereas the 1st Style looks much easier to navigate.

XyphienLLC

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's a map for a game I'm making as a video game version of one of the companies board games. If I could get some feedback on it, that'd be amazing as well :) 1608311497217.png

Long story short, this game will have some pokemon-ish gameplay mechanics, so the flowers are essentially tall grass. You will find Pixa's in them. fox-600_.gif <- such as Foxii over here :)

That being said, how is the map for this?

ValentinaSama67

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A dorm I did for two of my main characters. I did it from scratch and would love some opinions and/or things I could add.

JuRElVb.png

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lihinel, that looks pretty hot! I'm soo entirely into the fade-to-black woods! Not entirely sure of the washed-out colour scheme, but I'm guessing I might grow to like it, too...

@XyphienLLC, love, that map looks so much like it's meant for a videogame it makes me grin. :biggrin: Yo pond looks a bit artificial, is that intentional? Seems nice to me otherwise, I'd love to potter around looking for critters! Dat Foxii looks a bit weird though, I like the snoring effect, but the way its belly goes makes it look like putty or a creepy balloon... Mebbe if the swelling phase was a bit less exaggerated, would it look more natural?

@gRaViJa, OH WOW HONEY! That looks super... I'm all for that sweet candlelight! Just one thing - being able to walk over candles looks a bit funky. I know that realistically it's no biggie, stepping over a row of small candles is easy... but in the game environment, it just looks out of place. Mebbe fix it so you can't step over 'em? (Also, stepping over holy votive candles IIIIIS PROFANE! :biggrin: )

Last edited:

orange~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
@gRaViJa Looks really crazy good! I love the candles littered around. Gives the place a special vibe.

@masterlobo your maps and scenes look so lively! I'm usually not a fan of the leaf effect, but it definitely works here!

@ValentinaSama67 It looks really good. Very tidy. If I made that map, I'd probably scatter random junk everywhere and break the symmetry a bit like the other table could be tilted a bit differently. But I'm not sure if that would be improvement necessarily. Sometimes simpler is better and your map tells a story that these people are relatively tidy at least? : P

Oh yeah and I made a little trailer too for my upcoming survival horror-jRPG hybrid. Would love to hear feedback.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@alice_gristle Thanks! I agree on walking over the candles, I blocked it first but then it became really hard to navigate. had to choose between playability and realism there and i chose playability :)

@orange~ Also thanks :) I wanted to clearly show it's a place of worship and mystery but I didn't want another classical church lay-out, after playing Dark Souls III I came up with the stairs and candles idea.

@ValentinaSama67 I love the style, the lighting gives the impression it's during dusk? Ideas to add: tv and game console, guitar + is the middle a table or a desk? It's pretty big for a dorm, maybe.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I finally have a much needed map view script! This was made at my request by Xane for VX Ace. It's really amazing because it allows the player to look around the map while showing weather, event movement, screen effects, and more! Plus, you don't have to deal with annoying map images! Xane's Map Navigation script

I made these custom arrows.

Nav Arrows.png

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are some screenshots from my upcomming project
Project Haven 21_12_2020 10_09_32 am.png
This is... just a map for now until I flesh out the areas and start working on the story in full.

Project Haven 18_12_2020 9_19_55 pm.png
Crafting mini-game. Video is on my twitter account.

Project Haven 06_12_2020 6_48_28 pm.png
This is the mission screen. The story in my game progresses in a style similar to the rune factory games with some twists and modifications.

Project Haven 27_11_2020 8_00_51 am.png
The battle results screen. I'll be editing this a tad when I start the interface and graphical uplifting phase of my project.

And that's it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was reading some emails from a few days ago, and I saw an update notice for RPG Maker MZ . . . I like that update notices are being sent via email, I often forget to check from within the program. :smile:
Long time no see. Is “put on and take off my hat readily” right or natural?
My English teacher said the "readily" is used wrongly here. But I am not sure. Thank you very much for answering my small question.
More: The context is: The hat was too tight to wear originally and modified to suit the head and now I'm trying on it.
Ami
--- Difficulty Affect: Price ---

(Very Easy Difficulty)
Merchant: This HP Bottle just cost 5G per item
M.Archer: How much i sell it?
Merchant: It cost 50G per item
M.Archer: Alright,i buy 50
(Very Hard Difficulty)
Merchant: This HP Bottle cost 100G per item
M.Archer: How much i sell it?
Merchant: 5G
M.Archer: (Mouth Bleeding)
Finding synonyms for 'Crystal' is a bit awkward, because the thesaurus occasionally thinks I'm talking about drugs.
"Today I will totally open up RPG Maker and work on my game. I have lots of ideas!"

End of day spoiler: It didn't happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dukenke25