Takeshi014

Crafter of epic games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all I'm Takashi and today I have been doing some work on two maps for my upcoming game: The Legend of Kira

・‥…━━━━━━━☆━━━━━━━…‥・

Here is map #1:
Untitled.png

The inspiration for map #1 came from my love for quiet places where I can just sit and listen to the sounds of nature. This map houses two residences, a Blacksmith named Tim and his wife Natily.

・‥…━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━…‥・

Here is map #2:
Untitled2.png
This map is just a simple yet beautiful forest map that connects the starting village to my games capital city. This capital city will act as a sort of hub for all the player's activities in the game ranging from the player's own house to a marketplace.

・‥…━━━━━━━☆☆☆━━━━━━━…‥・

This game is set to be ready to come out in mid to late 2021. I hope some of you would like to play my game when it is released.

Please comment below if you have any ideas for these two maps or if you have any ideas for the game.

Thanks for reading, and have a great rest of your day. :D

読んでくれてありがとう

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@aidan012 I think the maps look pretty nice, but IMO the trees look too evenly-spaced right now. I would suggest bunching a few of them together (so that, for example, the top part of one tree overlaps with the bottom-right of another tree) and making the spacing a bit more random-looking. Also, the middle part of the tent in the first map is missing the shadow. Hope this helps!

Takeshi014

Crafter of epic games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@aidan012 I think the maps look pretty nice, but IMO the trees look too evenly-spaced right now. I would suggest bunching a few of them together (so that, for example, the top part of one tree overlaps with the bottom-right of another tree) and making the spacing a bit more random-looking. Also, the middle part of the tent in the first map is missing the shadow. Hope this helps!
Yeah it does, thanks for the feedback :D

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here's the new world map for Battle Castle, I just finished it today. I may add some more stuff later but it's pretty much done as a concept.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Which laser sight looks better? I feel like the left is a bit too subtle, while the right feels like a straight red line than a laser. XD

dsas.jpg

Should the laser be behind the muzzle flash or in front?

@cthulhusquid What's the point of the giant blank space area at the bottom right? Gonna add more stuff later?

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Mr. Detective
Possibly? There's a lot of new stuff that's going to be added to the story, so I can expand the desert stuff if need be.

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
guate room.png

My first map done completely with parallax mapping. Im proud by that fact, but still... I feel like I could have done all of this in the normal way lol. Also, that green matress is really nice, but I wanted to recolor it to blue. Oh well.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Juanita Star looks good. 2 things tho, you should ad some shadow and light to it a bit and its a big large. But for a first parallax map its pretty good :)

@Mr. Detective i would go with the 2nd but perhaps have a soft white out line on the red line?

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
@Juanita Star looks good. 2 things tho, you should ad some shadow and light to it a bit and its a big large. But for a first parallax map its pretty good :)

@Mr. Detective i would go with the 2nd but perhaps have a soft white out line on the red line?
THanks!
I can confidently say that I suck at lighting xD I have no idea about it. I tried, but... yep, not my thing at the moment. But I do want to learn how to! Been scouring the web for tutorials.

I do think is a bit large. Like, four or trhee tiles too large. Is that emtpy espace in the midle that bothers me xD No idea what to put there. Emtpy space is my bane.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Juanita Star personally I would not have made the room a square, instead I would Just remove the lower right section entirely. Leaving an upside down L shape room which is visually more attractive and smaller.

A tip when doing interior maps I use myself of to see each tile as about 3feet (little less) in real life. You'll find that this works pretty nice in keeping rooms smaller - ofcourse Sometimes youll have to go bigger for gameplay reasons but in general its a good guideline I think.

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
@Juanita Star personally I would not have made the room a square, instead I would Just remove the lower right section entirely. Leaving an upside down L shape room which is visually more attractive and smaller.

A tip when doing interior maps I use myself of to see each tile as about 3feet (little less) in real life. You'll find that this works pretty nice in keeping rooms smaller - ofcourse Sometimes youll have to go bigger for gameplay reasons but in general its a good guideline I think.

Thats a nice tip! I do want it to be larger, since is a royal chamber of sorts. But still hating that empty space in the middle.

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey all I'm Takashi and today I have been doing some work on two maps for my upcoming game: The Legend of Kira

・‥…━━━━━━━☆━━━━━━━…‥・

Here is map #1:
View attachment 172234

The inspiration for map #1 came from my love for quiet places where I can just sit and listen to the sounds of nature. This map houses two residences, a Blacksmith named Tim and his wife Natily.

・‥…━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━…‥・

Here is map #2:
View attachment 172236
This map is just a simple yet beautiful forest map that connects the starting village to my games capital city. This capital city will act as a sort of hub for all the player's activities in the game ranging from the player's own house to a marketplace.

・‥…━━━━━━━☆☆☆━━━━━━━…‥・

This game is set to be ready to come out in mid to late 2021. I hope some of you would like to play my game when it is released.

Please comment below if you have any ideas for these two maps or if you have any ideas for the game.

Thanks for reading, and have a great rest of your day. :D

読んでくれてありがとう

I love the house map. What tileset are you using? It looks great!

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mr. Detective, I'd also go with the 2nd one with the bolder laser. I dunno about muzzle flashes, I guess this detail is so small that it doesn't matter? If you can only see it during a brief attack animation, it's something I wouldn't pay attention to.

superkoopa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
@Mr. Detective I feel like the length of the laser should be travelling across the whole screen, or stopping when it meets an object (though that may prove tricky).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.
attack on titan keep reaching a new height with each episode, aaa I can't wait another week for a new episode at this point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faldoors