Lycanimuss

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
WIP - Alchemy System for my project.(Only in portuguese atm)

T2rM37l.png

Alchemy System - Test in Game:

Appreciate the feedback, thanks!

Last edited:

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tuomo L Looks good. Only 2 things that I personally dont like...
1) the weird shadows to the side of the island
2) the flatness of the top part.

Other then that looks good, visually pleasinf :)

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tuomo L Looks good. Only 2 things that I personally dont like...
1) the weird shadows to the side of the island
2) the flatness of the top part.

Other then that looks good, visually pleasinf :)

Oh yeah, those shadows aren't in game. I forgot to say, I use plugin to disable them so I don't have to remove them manually.

I agree that the top part's a bit too flat, I'll add something more to it.

Thanks from the suggestion.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tuomo L, so yo floating continent has a floating island in it? I dig it. :biggrin: I also like how compact and contained everything is! Yo winter land is right next to yo desert land, but mebbe your map isn't meant to be all that realistic so I'll let it slide? What I would do, though, is making the river to the north do a few bends, not just run east in a straight line. Jus' my bit of advice! :biggrin:

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tuomo L, so yo floating continent has a floating island in it? I dig it. :biggrin: I also like how compact and contained everything is! Yo winter land is right next to yo desert land, but mebbe your map isn't meant to be all that realistic so I'll let it slide? What I would do, though, is making the river to the north do a few bends, not just run east in a straight line. Jus' my bit of advice! :biggrin:

Thanks from the recommendation, I'll do that. Though that's Wasteland, not desert next to the snow. But yeah, I'm not going for ultra realism, since it's a magical floating continent.

RPGSpirit

RPGod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey just wanted to show off a Map I made in MV to hear some feedback, as well as put out my work and see if anyone wanted some help with mapping, I'd love to have some more practice!

Let me know if you guys would like me to update the map with your suggestions to see what I could create!

Hometown.png

Last edited:

Uruuha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Looks Great, I feel the Lower Part feels slightly boxed up, So I would say maybe consider expanding it a little bit ? Otherwise, looks Great to me.

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
looks pretty good in terms of overall composition; the buildings lack windows/ornamentation/signage but could be you're doing that on the event layey if at least part of it is dynamic; the barrenness of the surrounding hills is pretty pronounced, maybe they could use some trees and foliage, it depends if you're going for a "minimalist" aesthetic or not, what else...oh, this probably comes to mine because I just discovered the resource in question but PandaMaru's cliff parts could add a lot of verticality and diversity to your cliffs.

RPGSpirit

RPGod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks Great, I feel the Lower Part feels slightly boxed up, So I would say maybe consider expanding it a little bit ? Otherwise, looks Great to me.
Thanks for the feedback! I definitely see what you're saying, so I'll play with it some more, I added the cliff towards the end of working on it, so I'll keep in mind that I need to consider space more when I do that in the future!

RPGSpirit

RPGod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
looks pretty good in terms of overall composition; the buildings lack windows/ornamentation/signage but could be you're doing that on the event layey if at least part of it is dynamic; the barrenness of the surrounding hills is pretty pronounced, maybe they could use some trees and foliage, it depends if you're going for a "minimalist" aesthetic or not, what else...oh, this probably comes to mine because I just discovered the resource in question but PandaMaru's cliff parts could add a lot of verticality and diversity to your cliffs.
I thought the same thing about the windows when I placed the one, but I felt like I would have to extend the width of some houses to make room for them, and you're absolutely right about the baroness of the cliff parts, I think I wasn't too worried about them because you don't have access to them. But I'll definitely add, at least, some trees! Also, with those cliff parts, I actually already have tiles for making the cliffs more dynamic, I just hadn't really gone that far, being how I challenged myself to make a map quickly! I've seen PandaMaru's Tiles and they're amazing as well though!

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Been making MZ action sequence for quite a while. I believe I've improved since my first attempt. Would like to show some of my recent efforts. It's 5 grab skills. Hope you guys can enjoy watching them. ;)

Last edited:

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking for feedback!
I'm pretty bad at mapping and I recently put together this room. I'm pretty happy with all other maps so far but this one... I feel like something is wrong. I don't know what though. Maybe the color scheme is weird idk. Please tell me how I can make this map better! I wanted to put a painting on the wall above the bed but I don't have one- I have to go search for a painting tile XD And the window will be a glass door to the balcony, I'll work on that later. Also please ignore the ugly furniture. I'm equally as bad at editing.
1609686205364.png

Dutchmountain

Engineering the impossible
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hyouryuu-Na : I think the room map is pretty well done actually. Maybe it is the carpet with the 'bright' edges that may look a bit odd as if it is floating. Perhaps if you would make it a bit smaller, not touching the bed and cupboard it would fit in better. But still nice work.

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I changed the colours a bit and added the things I said I would add. And now it looks like this. Seems to be an improvement ^^
1609774384294.png

@Dutchmountain Thanks ^^ I agree the carpet looks a bit weird. I will try to make the edges darker next time I edit stuff. But I made it smaller. Looks better when it's not touching the bed or the closets but I feel like it's too small now... Eh, I'll keep it like this I guess ^^

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My original idea of a quest where you just paid money to complete it (it made sense in context) somehow got turned into decorate a table with a variety of choices so that the majority of players will have different looking tables.
XGkudjn.png

Latest custom tileset work for Raptor Revolt includes beach debris and palm tree. Can't wait to go to the beach!
Doing RPG Maker News #13 | More Yokai, Overworld Edits, Actor Specific Movement, Ultra Localization
One year on, one year off seems to be my theme lol
unknown.png

Finished coloring her and giving her different character portraits. Wanted to show a few of them :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jl4867