masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Revisiting a little passion project. (Week 1 of Development)

RV01.png
RV02.png

Man there's just some special charm to RPG Maker 2003's style

Beautiful screenshots!

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Stapleton Nice amalgamation of tilesets!

Ok, quick question guys. Should caves use shadows? I'm referring to the auto-shadows, for clarification.
Dank Caverns 1F-1.png

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's a spiffy GIF of all the current firearms in my game. Disregard the bad map in the background, it's just for testing.

Dude, all those weapons make me want to create a sci-fi new project lol. I really want to make a game where you control a "small mech" (like the 8-12ft variety, not Gundam sized) where you can customize your mech w/ various load-outs of actuators, armor, propulsion, and weapons. I think it'd be fun w/ something like Chrono engine, so it'd be actiony where you control a single unit. Idk, just a thought. XD

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I was wondering which style of "treetop" is more visually appealing? Light/foliaged or dark/plain? In other words, the top half or bottom half?
bottom half for me.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Dude, all those weapons make me want to create a sci-fi new project lol. I really want to make a game where you control a "small mech" (like the 8-12ft variety, not Gundam sized) where you can customize your mech w/ various load-outs of actuators, armor, propulsion, and weapons. I think it'd be fun w/ something like Chrono engine, so it'd be actiony where you control a single unit. Idk, just a thought. XD
If you are looking for inspiration, I would suggest checking out Armored Trooper Votoms. The mechs are 3-4 meters tall.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I like it! Is this evented? I'm interested to see what the submenus look like.

mephet

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, this is awesome! Very clear & clean - I also love the vial-shaped health and mana meters! :D

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Image menus are a pain to set up, but super satisfying once they work. Best thing over plugins is that you have full control over them, and have no worries about potential plugin incompatibilities or stuff breaking when upgrading to the next version.

Boboc04

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like it! Is this evented? I'm interested to see what the submenus look like.

Thanks! Yes it's all evented, I didn't make any submenu for now, but I would not see any reason why it shouldn't work! I focused on making it worked for real with the other system for now!

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
pagoda.jpg
In my game there's a Pagoda challenge where the player fights floor after floor a master. This is the top with the strongest Master, so his room is the most elaborate since he lives here (other people don't live in the Pagoda). How does it look?

Last edited:

Kristina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Almost finished with the hud 100%. Just need the final touch, like the huds for item, skill, weapon and shield needs to be moved a bit and I need to edit the color of the icons so they match the rest.

Xave.PNG
Map2.PNG

Any suggestions and feedback are more than welcome.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kristina, I love the minimalistic HUD! How about trying to move the item/skill/wep/shld boxes to the top, between gems/keys and gold? Not sure if you can fit them there, but I think it might be worth the try? Then all the info would be more or less in the same place.

Also, are you using the NES palette? I love the masonry!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i just started upload some of my selfmade Pixel Art on DA,
visit me there if you are interressted^^

Im sorry but..I Want to play a game.
Anyone here is familiar with the US Law ? I'm working on a game idea at the moment and I have several questions on my mind :p
I just lost an hour plus of time to trying to modify the _battlefield sprite... when in reality MZ calls it _battleField ;_;

Even when debugging for the "undefined value", it looked exactly the same to my 20/60 eyesight.

I really prefer this_naming_convention rather than thisNamingConvention !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qwerty111