Kristina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@alice_gristle Thank you! Your idea is good, didn't think of doing that, I'll look into it!

No, not using a palette. The tileset is made by The Mighty Palm. I used the colors from the character sprite for the actor hud : )

YukitoTrevisan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
From my EUPHORYA project.

I'm trying to balance pixelart and digital painting.
Did you like it?

Attachments

• ground2.png
    ground2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 15

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tuomo L, bust lookin' really good! Almost too good, actually. :D I'm like, OH WOW... then five minutes later I'm like, oh, there's text...? What I mean is, that magnum size bust totally overshadows whatever the dragon dude is tryina say. :D

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Gah! Cliff mapping is more confusing than I though! Am I just not using the right tiles?
ss.jpg

Pretty sure it shouldn't be square-ish like that. Currently testing things out with just the default sets.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Map008.png
Desert village... can I get feedback? Has no events or effects.

This is in game with events and post processing effects.

ToEV2y9.png

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tuomo L, lookin' cozy! One thing I'd do is not make the stairs go right up to the doorstep mebbe? Like, leave a tile's worth of empty space in front of the houses?

Elissiaro

aka MsLilly
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Made the beginnings of a tiny town/village in MZ. Populated by my own sprites. Does it look weird?
Both... in general and with my sprites. (There's a river right outside town, so I figure they don't need a well.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 3725.PNG
    Screen Shot 3725.PNG
    562.8 KB · Views: 25

Stapleton

Underground
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gaeilge
Primarily Uses
N/A
Made the beginnings of a tiny town/village in MZ. Populated by my own sprites. Does it look weird?
Both... in general and with my sprites. (There's a river right outside town, so I figure they don't need a well.)
Those sprites are nicely done. It doesn't look weird to me at all. Looks good

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Something's wrong with this weapon animation, I think...

1222.png

She's not even holding the sword in her hand. Is this normal?

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Elissiaro, looks good sweetie! :D Love the green dress and the cap! Maybe the sprite colours look a bit more washed-out than the more intense tiles? The difference is pretty small, tho, so maybe not an issue!

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First off, the custom character sprites are very well done! My only feedback would be they don't match the same style as the tileset, so in my opinion it does look a little out-of-place, but not in an overly distracting way. I think the real issue is the character sprites a less saturated than the tiles, when generally it would be the other way around because you want your characters to 'pop' off the screen.

One other small detail, but your doorways are shorter than your characters. Seems like a minor gripe, but it was the first thing I noticed. Even the girl on her knees would have trouble clearing that entrance, lol. But overall nice work, I think you're on the right track.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mephet I know your post office post is it a bit back, but I really love the look of it! I think the only thing I'd change is the benches. At least where I'm from, post offices don't usually have benches for waiting and to me it looks a bit like a train station with that in there. Maybe put a table or desk of some sort there for people to write out their mail needs? (Address envelopes and such?)

@orange~ I love the look of the art! Did you make it yourself?

Gah! Cliff mapping is more confusing than I though! Am I just not using the right tiles?
View attachment 177150

Pretty sure it shouldn't be square-ish like that. Currently testing things out with just the default sets.

What I would do is to use the A5 cliffs for the base and then draw out the transition pieces, and use shift clicking to place those. The only problem I can see is there are no A5 transition pieces, but if you like I can edit those for you?

Meant to insert a screenshot to show what I meant:

1611858315644.png

I agree with another poster about the stairs. I don't think they'd even look so odd going right up to the door, but the fact that they span the whole width of the front of the building is strange - you have stairs leading to walls. The width of the stairs would look less odd if you put a landing space across the top of them.

Last edited:

jan_Meta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks great! The only thing on that whole map I would change is moving the guy resting on the wall up about 1/3 of a tile. But it's not a big deal and your art style is great :)

Cootadude

Noob with exp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone I just got RMMV a few days ago and I spent today working on a little cutscene. Its not anything specific but the cutscene is kinda finished. Its using only the default stuff that comes with RMMV and nothing else other than a few characters that I generated with the randomizer. I was curious to hear what you guys think about it and to get some feedback on it. I was hoping to make a series or at the least a complete story using just cutscenes and I feel like I am on the right track but that I could also do more to enhance it. I still dont understand everything about how RMMV works or tried any plug-ins but this is my first attempt to ever try something like this. With that said please be as critical as you like, even the worst feedback is as helpful as the best kind :)

It's definitely better then any of my first cut-scenes.
I would advice to add a small fadeout while switching BGM unless you need it to change abruptly, the story is kinda interesting and I'll like to find out more about it.
I'd also make the Main Character's move speed a little faster while climbing.
Lastly I'd say that you need to add more things to the map so it won't look so empty add a few details and make it look like something you'd find in real life but don't overdo it.
Overall It was good for a first try and a lot better then mine, keep up the good work!

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
lookin' cozy! One thing I'd do is not make the stairs go right up to the doorstep mebbe? Like, leave a tile's worth of empty space in front of the houses?
I agree with another poster about the stairs. I don't think they'd even look so odd going right up to the door, but the fact that they span the whole width of the front of the building is strange - you have stairs leading to walls. The width of the stairs would look less odd if you put a landing space across the top of them.

Does this look better?

Map008.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For anyone interested in my project M - i finally made a gamethread about it :D

Yay. I turned 39 today. Another year older, another year closer to the grave.
I'm sure the latest post/thread in the sidebar used to have 5 posts. Was it always been like this?

Made it to the 10th video doing this! :kaocry:

renderTimingPixel.png
Made the "My Beating Mystery" board today:
3ENFLSC.png

in Grim Trigger episodes 3 & 4, the main characters play a Clue rip-off board game called "My Beating Mystery" (haha), so of course I had to draw the board for it. Can't decide if I wanna add blood or not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldj