guking

ADHDD&D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@alice_gristle Indeed the pier looks terrible there haha. I think I will discard it as a whole an add something else, tho. I guess I could make a Port Town with a nice pier. The only reason I'm using MZ is because it has more than layers then XP, lol. (and it is really easy to mix and match XP tiles)

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@masterlobo, I really like yo colour scheme, sweetie! I can't for some reason get a closer look, but I like the trees and flowers as well... The houses look all identical, and I'm not 100% I like that, but I guess it could be good... like, if the people of Manahill all live in tyranny and everybody's expected to conform to strict rules and all that? Otherwise nice work! I'm really hot on yo game's graphical style on the whole! :biggrin:

Tyvm :)

And you nailed it, it is a "perfect" city ruled by tyranny. In fact the whole game starts with you getting kicked out of the city

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
New Mountain Village mine map for Battle Castle! Instead of going down the well, you now end up going into this previously flooded mine. It's like 99% complete, there's a third cultist who hasn't been included yet.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cthulhusquid, I kinda like the long, straight tunnel type of design... Makes me less nervous since I know I'm gonna clear the whole place basically by just going straight ahead. :biggrin:

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Working on a battle hud. Wonder if I should have some sort of background at the back of the hud or leave it as is.

1212.png

Still working on it, but it's close to how the end product will look like. Each character will have a different colored box. I can also either get rid of the background boxes entirely, or just have a black background that's slightly transparent.

@foolyg Doesn't really make sense to put a locker in front of a window like, I think.

Edit: Now that I tested using different colors, I see that it's not a good idea. Having red, pink, or green background in the boxes will blend in with the HP/TP gauges and the heart symbol. Can't use yellow, either.

Last edited:

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Working on a battle hud. Wonder if I should have some sort of background at the back of the hud or leave it as is.

1212.png

Still working on it, but it's close to how the end product will look like. Each character will have a different colored box. I can also either get rid of the background boxes entirely, or just have a black background that's slightly transparent.

@foolyg Doesn't really make sense to put a locker in front of a window like, I think.

Edit: Now that I tested using different colors, I see that it's not a good idea. Having red, pink, or green background in the boxes will blend in with the HP/TP gauges and the heart symbol. Can't use yellow, either.

That's a cool looking hud! I do think you may end up needing a background (dim'd perhaps?), otherwise the white text may get lost in the brighter/white battle bbgs (like snowy areas).

Also, side-note, I lol'd pretty hard at your signature gif

Last edited:

Soeufans

Enginer and Streamer
Reaction score
First Language
spanish, englis
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello!!

This is a Screen Evolution time of my game Legend of Heroen!

Evolution-Casa Aesierth .png

first one, its from the first demo made in pure RTP
The second its from the full version RM2k
The third one, its from the remastered demo version in 2k3

You can download them too :)

Hope u enjoy this evolution screenshot.

AshleyLacure

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Little Revelations update...
RV08.png

Lilika Forest
RV12.png

More Lilika Forest w/ friends this time... updated HUD and yes I'm lazy so speech bubble indicates you can talk to an NPC and have more engaging dialogue.

ezgifcomgifmaker2.gif

Showcasing the Special Abilities... who doesn't like attacks named after Irish Gigs. Also please excuse the quality.

CepCeph

Tile Bender
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mephet thank you for your opinion, recently I changed the world map like D&D style but i really don't like it and delete it maybe i'll add Worldmap again and if i add i will mind your advice :)

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Little Revelations update...
RV08.png

Lilika Forest
RV12.png

More Lilika Forest w/ friends this time... updated HUD and yes I'm lazy so speech bubble indicates you can talk to an NPC and have more engaging dialogue.

ezgifcomgifmaker2.gif

Showcasing the Special Abilities... who doesn't like attacks named after Irish Gigs. Also please excuse the quality.

It's amazing how are you turning something so nostalgic (RPG Maker 2003 RTP) into something very beautiful and unique, and something very original :)

Bonus: Dope mapping skills!

Albatran

Arturo Games
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Hi guys!
Arturo is here

I'm new over here, so, I want to receive some advices about one of the maps that I recently made.

Feel free to tell me everything, I want to read all your opinions and advices about how to improve the designs of my maps.

MAP002.png

As you see, it's a very simple forest, with default graphics and some free resources taken from the internet. I added a free flesh threes, because the forest is slightly corrupted. Those demons are enemies, I'm using ABS (I will change the sprites of the enemies later).

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Hi guys!
Arturo is here

I'm new over here, so, I want to receive some advices about one of the maps that I recently made.

Feel free to tell me everything, I want to read all your opinions and advices about how to improve the designs of my maps.

View attachment 179555

As you see, it's a very simple forest, with default graphics and some free resources taken from the internet. I added a free flesh threes, because the forest is slightly corrupted. Those demons are enemies, I'm using ABS (I will change the sprites of the enemies later).
The art styles of the trees seem to clash a little bit. Variety can be good but not when there are opposing art styles. There is a very high density of detail in those autumn trees, but the green ones lack that, having a bit more of a painterly look. I will say though, that your tree placement is pretty good, and it looks natural for the most part.
Your path is also strange as well. If your path is not man-made, it might be better to add some grass surrounding those areas that are meant to be paths, just to make it look a bit more natural. If that's not a possibility, for instance if all the grass from this forest has been "corrupted away," that might be a bit easier to pass off. I know it's hard getting great paths down when your tiles are a bit limited and you are going for a certain style.
On the bottom, you've got a good thing going for directing a path to another map, making it so that the players can only go in one spot. I would say that if you add another tree at the bottom left, just the top tiles of it, to go over those weird plants, it would look a bit more natural instead of looking explicitly like the only reason that those are there is to guide the player. Doing something similar up top, making it so that the player can only get out that way, is something you should do as well, since right now the player can explore the entire top horizontal line of the map.

Here's my map! I worked on this for a very long time and I still have 5 more like it to go.
It is the path from the Komura region to the Grizz region. To the top is Komura, and to the bottom is Yorough Town in Grizz. To the left and right, the mountain range continues, leading to some dungeons, side quests, and a character you can recruit to your party!
The Grizz mountains, called the Glilnor Range, are an intense area, full of brutal cliffsides and strong monsters. Most Grizz people do not travel through these mountains if they don't have to, and they even banish the worst of their criminals up there as punishment.
The bottom right is blank because the player will never see it. There are a few parts that look a bit weird, as far as the cliff sides just shooting straight down, but keep in mind that in the player's perspective, it doesn't look as weird.

6cc7294373decf52.png

As a little bonus, here is a kind of "time lapse" of the development of the map:
cd282ac889f5febf.jpeg

Albatran

Arturo Games
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is my first good advice received by a user.

I feel so grateful to read all the text, I'm new with the map making, so I'm constantly improving and searching for good alternatives.

Thanks for your advices, they are so useful and your map looks very good. I always try to make the maps looks "natural" or not weird, but sometimes I don't know how to give a different look to the maps. With the maps that you show me, gives me an idea, I will show it later.

Another thing is, I don't like to make super bigger maps, because my games are simple, with the time the simplicity will be converted in something better. More detailed maps, more events, more interactions. For now, I want to practice, learn, and make soft stuff with the default graphics. Thanks again for your advices, goodbye!

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is my first good advice received by a user.

I feel so grateful to read all the text, I'm new with the map making, so I'm constantly improving and searching for good alternatives.

Thanks for your advices, they are so useful and your map looks very good. I always try to make the maps looks "natural" or not weird, but sometimes I don't know how to give a different look to the maps. With the maps that you show me, gives me an idea, I will show it later.

Another thing is, I don't like to make super bigger maps, because my games are simple, with the time the simplicity will be converted in something better. More detailed maps, more events, more interactions. For now, I want to practice, learn, and make soft stuff with the default graphics. Thanks again for your advices, goodbye!
I really wish they'd remove the option to color text on these forums, because this is what your post looks like to those of us using dark theme:

k9dcduf.png

In short, you probably shouldn't use color tags in your messages.

Albatran

Arturo Games
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh ok hahaha excuse me.

Yes I see, the text when you send it turns black, not blue lmao

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it's because blue and red are "mod" text colors (if memory serves, blue is a warning/notice ("hey by the way you posted this in the wrong sub-forum") while red is more extreme (which I've not actually seen for myself)).

Font color discussion aside, I might as well post a screenshot from the cutscene I'm working on for the cutscene contest.
ValenScreenshot01.pngTileset is FSM, using QMap and some VisuStella plugins

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

finally redesigned one of the major antagonist of my game, Pro... aka Prometheus.
Well, I've decided I'll take a break on making Forgotten Eclipse...and Make a mod for FNF
Trailer for my new game.
last one for a while

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertNeko