alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ImaginaryVillain, I don't know whether I like yo game's graphics or not. :D Like, part of the time I'm like, "Ohh, that's too much for me, let my weary eyes rest!" And then I'm like, "Ohh, THAT COOL!" :D :D Right now, that pic over the cliffs fits the latter bill. I loooove it when I can see the village in the distance!

@masterlobo, looks sweet! I like cliffs and waterfalls! As for the surprise, I like 'em too, but could you make it so that if you play careful, you could somehow get a whiff of the surprise beforehand? I'd like that, it'd make me feel supa cleva. :D :D

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
WIP new map. :LZSexcite:
and_remember_tomorrow_bloody_return.jpg

@alice_gristle Thanks I appreciate the feedback. :LZSexcite:

It's a pretty common criticism of my game to be honest, and very, very fair. About half way I pivoted from doing an entirely randomly generated game to doing handmade story maps. Which proved to be insanely popular.

However the gameplay is still very much designed for the randomly generated maps... And to be honest RM can't handle a parallax map large enough to handle the gameplay. So you get a very chaotic randomly generated stuff (mostly to represent imaginary spaces)....

But then I made the mistake of trying to make the handmade stuff share an art style with the random stuff. All while discovering the "real world" stuff is clearly people's favorite, which has a more storybook non-imaginary style. So the plan... Is now to do s minor pivot to making the randomly generated maps look more like the handmade stuff.

Thankfully as it's randomly generated, I just need to make new "blocks" to spawn in. Of course it will never look as nice as the handmade stuff, but since the player's traveling around them at warp speed, hopefully it won't matter.

TLDR: Handmade stuff good, randomly generated stuff bad. Should have done a point and click adventure. :LZSwink:

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ImaginaryVillain, I feel ya, honey! In a lot of my projects, I've built a van to realise I shoulda built a boat instead, so to speak... Okay, well, that's not a real good analogy, but anyway. :biggrin: Your project looks interesting, and I hope you gonna continue it!

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SoftCloud, I like it overall, but it's to foggy for me. Looks very unclear and it kinds of annoys me personally.

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@alice_gristle Haha yes, I've been guilty of doing that so many times over. Though no worries, I love game making. This is what I do for fun, so there's no danger of me "giving up" barring someone handing me a very large stack of money to do so. :LZSwink:

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another small map exploration clip, celebrating the arrival of spring :)

This is the Emerald Trail, and it's the first map after the prologue where the player is "set free to explore".

It's also among the first maps I made when I started making this game :rhappy:

Kenen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I decided to try and tackle the battle skills window today...

battlehud_skills.png

I had the idea to use an icon font to draw the icons instead of /system/IconSet.png, so I used this window as an opportunity to experiment with that to see how well it would work.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@masterlobo, so sweet, I love spring! Nice looking flowers! And is that a butterfly? (If it is, isn't it flapping its wings a bit too sluggishly tho?)

ThreeSixNine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@masterlobo, so sweet, I love spring! Nice looking flowers! And is that a butterfly? (If it is, isn't it flapping its wings a bit too sluggishly tho?)
Too slow for flight, maybe. But when the stop to generate body heat, they slowly open their wings and then quickly close them. Could just be a happy medium for simplicity. That way it can have a lower move rate and still look consistent.

SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Messing with making lights and other assets. I don't know what these boxes will be for yet. I was playing the Outer Worlds and really like the waspquitos holding cells. So I popped these out. I might rework them or use them as a basis to make a 'satellite/signal location'

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Too slow for flight, maybe. But when the stop to generate body heat, they slowly open their wings and then quickly close them. Could just be a happy medium for simplicity. That way it can have a lower move rate and still look consistent.
Yeah, I s'pose yer right. And anyway even if it looks off, it's just a minor detail! :biggrin: The rest looks gorgeous!

AeroPergold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Map003.png
The World Map of Fursona. I tried my best to do the Island of Sodor, The Isle of Man to the West and northwestern England to the east.

EDIT: The dirt path represents the North Western Railway, the main standard gauge railway of Sodor and home to among other engines, Thomas the Tank Engine.

Last edited:

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I decided to try and tackle the battle skills window today...

View attachment 183514

I had the idea to use an icon font to draw the icons instead of /system/IconSet.png, so I used this window as an opportunity to experiment with that to see how well it would work.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I really like how clean your UI looks. My only feedback, for the lower UI, would be that while it may be easy for me to tell that left side is HP and the right side is TP/MP, it may not be as easy for someone who isn't used to RPGs.

Thanks for your comments! As for the butterfly, it is intentionally slower, it's more of a peaceful decoration to showcase the beauty of the area. While higher speeds would def be more realistic, I think it would clash a bit with the peacefulness / serenity of the place.

Yeah, I guess you could say it's a happy medium for simplicity :)

@SoftCloud Those lights on the bridge and boxes are really cool!
Small details like that really catch the eye!

Just exploring your farm cave by breaking into the walls.
Everything is randomly generated!

This is really cool! How can a user tell if a wall is mine-able or not? SFX?

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
hAx6iQ3.gif

Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.
I should probably be dragged kicking and screaming away from Daz3D... I was playing with 8.1 models and came up with this. Thoughts?
and_remember_tomorrow_miranda_8_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corvid