Kenen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My only feedback, for the lower UI, would be that while it may be easy for me to tell that left side is HP and the right side is TP/MP, it may not be as easy for someone who isn't used to RPGs would be able to tell as easily.

I appreciate your feedback!

Stapleton

Underground
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gaeilge
Primarily Uses
N/A
@masterlobo Thanks! All walls in the caves are mine-able besides the margin around the perimeter of the map. That will give an error sound if you try to break through those.

SirSquiddington

Lore Master
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Village of Taran

So I have since moved away from this art style and moved to a more traditional JRPG look, but I made this and what I might just share it, I worked on it on and off for a few months and it was my second map using these assets and art style. It is a large 128x128 map, there things I am not happy with it and stuff I like, but overall I'm pretty pleased, let me know what you think!

I am moving on to making my own pixel art based graphics now, trying to get inspiration from the old final fantasy games(as well as Final Fantasy 7 I used to play 5 on my PSP and 4 on the DS when I was younger), so if you anyone would like to give me any hints or tips then that would be great thank you!

SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Developing a metacontent space. Unlockable art, sketches, and unique items to the game-world.
Initial entry:
'control' to be used to change out special items. Such as: key monsters or structures.
Paramuseum test_1.pngParamuseum test_2.png

Dust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ImaginaryVillain that looks so cool! Reminds me of the days games used to have prerendered backgrounds.

@SoftCloud The metacontent space is an interesting idea. Maybe It would help to have empty podiums & picture frames hanging in spaces where there will be content to unlock. Just to make it look a bit less empty when starting out and also giving the player a sense of progress when they see how much they've accomplished.

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not going to lie... I kind of favor phone games that still use that style. A lot of point and click adventures still use it. There's just something about walking around an artistic vista that I find appealing. :LZSexcite:

Tayruu

・ ゚*。・゚(幸)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
o1Dah35.png

... maybe this is too niche a joke.

I decided to try and tackle the battle skills window today...
This menu is incredibly swanky, I love the style of the icons and soft gradient background style.

Last edited:

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's my latest clip, now of the "Emerald Waters". This place must be traversed by boat, but make no mistake, the fish are not friendly!

I was heavily inspired by Final Fantasy I's canoe segment (Crescent Lake). The idea of fighting enemies while on the canoe really stuck with me lol

Developing a metacontent space. Unlockable art, sketches, and unique items to the game-world.
Initial entry:
'control' to be used to change out special items. Such as: key monsters or structures.

Neat idea. Are these meant to be like achievements before achievements? Like Final Fantasy XII's Sky Pirate's Den?

Inksword

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just finished putting a bunch of interaction bits on my first map! My favorite part is you have a 1/5 chance of banging your knee on the open drawer beneath the kitchen sink when you walk over that square haha.

VRT0YoY.png

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@masterlobo, I read your post and was like, "Yeah, Final Fantasy VI's river segment was cool!" Then after five minutes I read your post again and was like, "..." But yeah, nice canoe! :biggrin: I figure fighting an aggressive pike would be more up my alley, but do pikes even hang out in rivers?

@Inksword, looks really nice! Moving out, or just moved in? It's almost cluttered enough to make me feel claustrophobic!

Inksword

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Inksword, looks really nice! Moving out, or just moved in? It's almost cluttered enough to make me feel claustrophobic!
Classic "I've been moved in for several months but never finished unpacking so the boxes are just the furniture now" haha. And thanks! I was going for claustrophobic tiny apartment!

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Starting map of a little game we made for the german easter jam. I am currently trying to translate it for you guys, but my english skills seem to be even lower than expected xD

You see fairy countess Tortelinna happy that she's able to bath outside again, after finally maneuvering her flying isle out of the winter regions : )

Insel_Osterscreenshot.png

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@coucassi Sweet! Adore the big mushroom. :biggrin: The brown/orange hues give the place rotten, industrial vibes, is this intentional?

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@coucassi Sweet! Adore the big mushroom. :biggrin: The brown/orange hues give the place rotten, industrial vibes, is this intentional?
Hmm maybe it's rotten cause they werde drifting through the autamns and winter regions for a long time ...

No honestly I never realized that :D

(But I am really bad with those things in the first place due to a slight color blindness, so I blame it on that^^ I constantly need to ask my girlfriend for help xD)

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally, after 4 years, here's a trailer for my game :D

I'm so excited and happy with how it came out. I hope you guys enjoy it too, and any feedback is welcome so I can take it into account for future trailers!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My home state baseball team is going back to the World Series for the first time since 1999. I remember when they went in 1995 and won, that was like the best day of my life. (I'm a huge baseball fan and yes I'm talking about the Braves).
FL Studio is a huge step up from LMMS but I'm having such a tough time with it D:<
The new Dune movie reminds me of the game Dune 2 made by Westwood. A quality product on its own, but extremely disloyal to its source of inspiration.
Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBXO