argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally, after 4 years, here's a trailer for my game :D

I'm so excited and happy with how it came out. I hope you guys enjoy it too, and any feedback is welcome so I can take it into account for future trailers!
What a great trailer! I like how it gets right into it!
The only suggestion I'd have is very nitpicky, but I'd say keeping the text confined into the square ratio instead of having it seeping out into the black borders during the gameplay would just add a little bit of professionalism to the trailer. Not a huge deal but it was present enough for me to notice it.

Here is the entire left side of the Gilskov Range, the mountains in the snowy Grizz region. I posted the one on the bottom a little while ago, and have since made the two others. There are some censored areas because they contain spoilers!
There are areas that might look a little weird, but I tried to do the least amount of work as possible if players wouldn't actually be able to see it during gameplay. The screen area is 1280x720 so, the players won't see a lot of these chasms that go straight downward.
Attached is the small version because the full one was too large to be uploaded, but if you want to check out the "full size" picture (not totally full size, just the size of the "map image" from MV): FULL IMAGE

Map384and387and388_promo (Large).png

SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@masterlobo Such lovely detail in the mapwork, battle--everything really! This is a really lovely trailer. Congratulations at going so far with your passion.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Prescott, that's a beeeg map! Feels like it's gonna be either exhilarating or exhausting to explore... mebbe both! :biggrin:

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@masterlobo trailer looks good. My inkt issue is with the sound. Feels like all of It - BGM and SFX - are set to 100 making it a bit to much and lees uimpactful then IT could be ... But that's Just me nitpicking xD

@Prescott Nice map. Has a very natural yet guided pathing to it. Impossible to truly get lost in yet gives the Idea you could- very good mapping!

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Guh...! Making outdoor nature maps is as difficult as I thought, if not even more...
This is my attempt at sort of a forest and mountain map. Will polish it more but would like to get feedback on the overall layout first. XP

Untitled.png

@Inksword It always bug me how many RPG Maker maps simply neglect something simple: a door for the bathroom. You should add some windows, too.

@coucassi Nice map, looks beautiful. That's a... bathtub? Where does the water come from? Where does it go after? What happens if someone needs to use toilet? I assume that's what the teleport is for? XD

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice map, looks beautiful. That's a... bathtub? Where does the water come from? Where does it go after? What happens if someone needs to use toilet? I assume that's what the teleport is for? XD
At some point in the story she complains about the high water bill so ... there is some kind of delivery service, I suppose? xD Or maybe her servants have to bring it from other floating isles that happen to have a river or something^^ As for where it goes ... the world there are living in does not have a ground so I don't think they wouldn't mind just pouring it over the edge.

Bo honestly I did not think about that to much :D But I'm glad you like it!

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I decided to try and tackle the battle skills window today...
Seriously, this battle system looks insanely great! I love the simple look.

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mr. Detective basic lay-out is good but its a bit to neat and organised for a forest. Needs a bit more chaos (different Trees mixed together, leaves and sticks on the ground etc).

But that's Just my opinion so ... Yeah xD

Meowsticks

Just a person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A small little area inside of the larger Twisted Valley, called the Dragon's Room.
I know I'm not the best at mapping, but I like to think I'm improving with each map I make. :)

This one is a room that is formed within the side of a large cliff. The lights on either side are from openings on the top, so light is shining down from above, illuminating the otherwise dark place.

DragonsRoom.png

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Rune equipment System for Juno. Background needs updating but the functionality is just shy of completion (Barring the skill use limitations).

The rune equipment system is a puzzle type equipment system in which players lay down 'runes' onto a soul board which grants certain status bonuses, penalties, states or skills. Players must make use of penalty runes and beneficial runes to come up with a play style that suits them best.

Inksword

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Inksword It always bug me how many RPG Maker maps simply neglect something simple: a door for the bathroom. You should add some windows, too.
The lack of windows were on purpose to make it feel more claustrophobic and small, but I'll admit I couldn't find a good vertical door tile when I was first poking around. I should take another look though. Thanks for the comment!!

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Prescott Nice map. Has a very natural yet guided pathing to it. Impossible to truly get lost in yet gives the Idea you could- very good mapping!
I learned watching a GDC talk about map design in I think Unreal Tournament(?) a very effective method of squinting your eyes to make sure paths are recognizable. I can track exactly where the main path is doing that but I can't track the secret ones for treasure and such, which is exactly how it should be! ;)

Guh...! Making outdoor nature maps is as difficult as I thought, if not even more...
This is my attempt at sort of a forest and mountain map. Will polish it more but would like to get feedback on the overall layout first. XP

Untitled.png
The tree/plant variation is pretty good here, the art styles maybe clash a little bit but it isn't too noticeable. I would recommend making the path on the bottom leading out and to the right extend below the tops of the trees on the bottom as well as the top of the cliff on the bottom right. You can accomplish that with either shift-clicking if you're on VX(A)/MV or by using manual layers if you're in MZ. It'll make it look a bit more natural.

The biggest problem there however is your elevation. The lower cliff has both a 3 and 2 tile elevation which can be interpreted as a slope easily enough, but the cliff above (the central one) has a 3 tile elevation as well even though it blends right into the grass that is supposed to be 5-6 tiles below instead of just 3. If you extend that middle cliff wall to 6 tiles so that it can actually go down into the lower level, then finally to the ground floor, it will look more natural.

Elevation is one of the biggest problems that plagues new map designers, so don't feel too bad. It can take a while to get down correctly but it's good that you are making small maps like this to experiment first.

Here's a visual example of what I'm talking about, as I realize it can be a little confusing in just text.
1618724328792.png

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I learned watching a GDC talk about map design in I think Unreal Tournament(?) a very effective method of squinting your eyes to make sure paths are recognizable. I can track exactly where the main path is doing that but I can't track the secret ones for treasure and such, which is exactly how it should be! ;)
Yup that is one of the best tricks to do it xD

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Prescott - That's an impressive looking mountain range, I bet that took quite a bit of time! My one critique would be that it does look a bit homogenous. Without some form of a unique landmarks, it might be a bit easy for the player to get a lost. Take that with a grain of salt though; your pathways flow nicely, so it might feel easier to navigate while playing. I imagine whatever is hidden beneath the sensors can also help the player find their bearings, assuming these are some kind of unique locations.

I spent my weekend finishing a boss fight with Anubis, God of the Dead. Keep in mind it's still a work in progress, but feedback is always appreciated.

mara_vertin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Prescott - That's an impressive looking mountain range, I bet that took quite a bit of time! My one critique would be that it does look a bit homogenous. Without some form of a unique landmarks, it might be a bit easy for the player to get a lost. Take that with a grain of salt though; your pathways flow nicely, so it might feel easier to navigate while playing. I imagine whatever is hidden beneath the sensors can also help the player find their bearings, assuming these are some kind of unique locations.

I spent my weekend finishing a boss fight with Anubis, God of the Dead. Keep in mind it's still a work in progress, but feedback is always appreciated.

That's so cool. I always hoped the Maker would have this type of battle system. I bet this was a lot of work. The characters sprites are awesome, too. I definitely have to keep an eye out for your game.

m03271996

ReIris
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese(TW)
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello everyone! This is the game I'm developing and can show the development progress.
This will be a "traditional" horror game.:rwink:
I will continue to work on it!
1618931176671.png
※This is not the final game screen
I found that the door needs to be fixed ......:rswt

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Finnuval Really love the vibe of the map and the lighting is top-notch. :D My biggest problem is that the living room is too big/too empty right now. Maybe you can add a fancy dining table to fill it up?
Some other nitpicks: I'd add one of those potted plants to the hallway and change the single bed to a double bed. Also, since you added a bathroom, it's bit strange there's no bathtub in it.
The kitchen and office are perfect as is. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.
TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raikou