Bandito

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
View attachment 189584
Trying to make sewers with Kokoro's Reflection Sewer tileset. I wanted to make them maze-like and I think that part is okay? It looks a bit empty for now.

I am not a fan of sewers like map, so I hate yours by default. So great job!

If you don't want to make it look not as empty add some rats sprites, floating trash on water and such. It helps add to make the ecosystem looks a little better IMO.

View attachment 189669

This and here's a video of what's below the stairs:

Opinions?
I don't understand why he can jump and stick to the wall. Is he a wall crawler or a mutant?
Also, what's up with the chicken, LMAO.

Last edited:

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't understand why he can jump and stick to the wall. Is he a wall crawler or a mutant?
Also, what's up with the chicken, LMAO.
Chicken is for reasons...

The wall has small holes in it which the character can hold onto to climb and gain leverage to jump off if high enough.

Bandito

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
Ah yeah, I see it after I played the video full screen.
Chicken is for reasons...

The wall has small holes in it which the character can hold onto to climb and gain leverage to jump off if high enough.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheOnlyLlama Looks amazing! Apart from shadows and lighting effects (I just love lighting effects lol) I don't really have any suggestions. It's detailed without being cluttered. Your eyes, well mine, are drawn to the most important aspect - the road. You've done a fantastic job.

Finnuval

Made of sarcasm and rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheOnlyLlama I agree with @The Stranger , aside from light/shadow it looks really good. Very much like the overall color-pallete too and a very natural feel to it in general. Good job!

dreamfall887

Sun Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi everyone, hope you are all okay and that progress on your games is going well. :)

I'm currently working on my battle system, trying to make it look visually appealing. At the moment I'm using a combination of Yami's Battle Symphony, Moghunter's Battle Hud and Yanfly Battle Engine scripts. So far, so good. All the scripts seem to be working fine together.
Still feel nervous about using sideview, I'm so used to front view battles because I find them easier.

sDvUnBz.png

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm so used to front view battles because I find them easier.
For someone that changed battle views for the first time, you've done really well.
Nice hud, good to see the map in the battle. This is a nice simple battle screen. My only take on the downside is I found it hard to figure out where the enemies were and where the actors were until I realized it was a map battle background. Once players get use to that then it shouldn't be a problem.

And now (perhaps for the first time - I don't remember if I posted anything) I'm posting some insides on my game I've been working on for almost 5 years. (demo coming soon - still lots to do though).
Battle screen (from the test battle)
image_2021-05-21_094133.png

dreamfall887

Sun Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Roninator2

Thanks. :) I like the look of your battle system too. I like the font and the design of hp, mp and tp bars. :)

Finnuval

Made of sarcasm and rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@dreamfall887 really like the design here. Very clear and easy to Read. Only 1 concern i might have is with no background behind the Bottom part it might get a little chaotic if the map gets more crowded with things on it.
But aslong as you keep An eye on that then yeah, looking good :)

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Redid the crafting interface for my game to be less distracting when compared to before with the whole background moving.

Juno 25_05_2021 10_25_17 am.png

The halo behind the recipe list rotates.

Switched out the font.

Functionality wise, modified the system so that you can craft multiples of an item baring your ability in the crafting mini-game otherwise you will get only 1 of the item.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For a long time I always consider XP soundtracks as the best one.
Just listened to some of MZ tracks from the free version.
It's... Quite mindblowing. xD
Only listened to the battles, towns, and fields.
But I'm sure the rest are equally good. :D
What do you guys want to see for the new Jump into Javascript? A continuation of the rpg_objects, or would you prefer a "lesson 0" where I go back to the absolute basics of Javascript and cover the fundamentals of the language and its construction?
Hey RPG members!!

How do you finish projects? Some new game developers start off strong but end up losing momentum. What keeps you motivated while working on new projects?
Feeling wee sleepy.. ZzzZ
So many threads to move to the right place. My post count is awesome, but 95% of it is due to moving things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenjum