SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@PLUEVNR I love the elevational layering you've done here. It adds a lot of depth. Very nice spatial use too. I like the little details like the order's on papers near the cook.

MilaWorld.png
Testing out my main shop system. So far the sounds and look are what I'm going for.

PLUEVNR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SoftCloud thank you very much. I really appreciate that you notices these small details :)

What your system is about? Is it a NPC or a machine?

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Good thing: All of my UI things are done bar one detail.
Bad thing: with the current update of the plugins I use the skill system I have jury rigged doesn't work anymore. I'll either have to give up the special scene or get some help to somehow clone the Equip menu and add different slots.

menuscreenshot.jpg

SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@PLUEVNR It's the small details that really make maps and scenes feel more substantial. :D
Right now it's merely a machine, however, I may add an actual person behind it. These machines exist in dreamscapes and generally other non-physical places. I have a different currency system to unlock weapons that's run by an actual person/being.

Bandito

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
Last edited:

Bandito

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
Frick. I keep forgetting I can't reply multiple times of a forum. I am so used to reddit :/

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I followed you on Twitter. I am surprised a game this good is being on RPG Maker.
Thank you so much for the comment and for following us! We're putting a lot of effort into how the game looks and feels :smile:

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
video:

shop interior:
游戏截图.png

the screenshot is not all, take a look at the youtube video above.

there are only city layouts and landscapes, no quests/game features/npcs.

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The lighting is a bit harsh in most areas, but the layout is looking pretty nice so far. Try to tweak the lights to better match the ambiance of the scene.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@RyanYe, I have merged your post with the Game and Map Screenshots thread. Please post updates here for feedback in future.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been working on this mini-dungeon for a sidequest. It's actually the last area I'm building before preparing the demo, which means lots of testing and finding beta testers soon. Stay put for a small video walkthrough of this mini-dungeon!

Screenshot-2021-06-01-at-20-51-27.png

Bandito

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
video:

shop interior:
View attachment 190792

the screenshot is not all, take a look at the youtube video above.

there are only city layouts and landscapes, no quests/game features/npcs.
I don't understand the concept of the lights here, why is it there, when it's sunny outside, and why does it have different colors?

Why does the character have a flashlight like lightning at the end?

Why are there sound effects for when the character is walking on water but not anywhere else?

A recommendation is to change the movement sound for when the character goes from 1 map to the other, because that sound is not only overused by annoying. I don't know where the RM guys got that sound and why they keep using it for steps, but that doesn't sound like a step sound to me.

CrocPirate

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What do you guys think of the small village that I made. It's located deep within a forest.
Tileset credits to: Candacis, Avery, PandaMaru, and arcthemonkey.
Forest1.png
Forest2.png
Map065.png

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Pretty temped to give mapping the middle finger and just move on with other parts of the game. Really can't afford to spend so much time on just one map like this, lol. XD

Sorry for the small picture. XP

Untitled22.jpg

@CrocPirate Looks pretty good. Not sure if it's normal to have a well right next to a lake/river, but no big complains here.

Edit: Maybe I should reupload...

grimf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@gRaViJa

Looks really good! I don't really have any complaints

@CrocPirate
This is a nice looking map! I can tell a lot of thought was put into the layout and it has a nice composition. I think the houses look pretty bad though. Do you plan on using taller sprites? The doors are humongous compaired to the default chibi sprites. It makes sense on the bigger house since it looks like its an important building or like it could be a place where people meet. The 1 tile windows are too small for these big houses. Also the windows being on the edges of the houses or right next to the door looks weird and ugly. I think it'd be a good idea to invest in making windows that fall between two tiles in a tileset somewhere, so you can avoid the edge window problem. I think also maybe making a bigger chimney for the big homes would be good, so that they can be proportionately sized.

@Mr. Detective
It looks nice to me, but it's hard to tell or give feedback with it super zoomed out.

grimf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@cthulhusquid

Needs windows! and feels kind of sparce in some areas, other than that it looks nice.

Edit: Oh they are on the left, i didn't notice haha. Nevermind.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@cthulhusquid

Needs windows! and feels kind of sparce in some areas, other than that it looks nice.

Edit: Oh they are on the left, i didn't notice haha. Nevermind.
There are also windows on the bottom floor, but I can open those ones as well. They were closed because it's snowing outside, but that's a poor excuse with the top ones open. :rswt

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.
I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.
Last week at SLC. Cali awaits. TBH I love SLC more than SF.
Back home now. I had a good time, but I had a checkup this morning so I had to come home for that. Now I'm just waiting for my therapist meeting tomorrow...
Decided to work on Wishful Wanda today. Since it's a BFB spinoff game, I decided to make the Huang brothers
Easter eggs! I'm actually pitching this to the BFDI team, btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamegialap