xoferew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm, the bottom corners of the cliff should sit on the brown, rocky ground, not the yellow? Only other thing, maybe not line up the four trees in the middle? I like the tree graphics and your person is cute. *Squinting.* Are your cliff tops supposed to have less pattern around the edges? Maybe also the two cliffs of different heights (on the left) that have the same horizontal line could be shifted so they don't align, to help the 3D illusion?

Last edited:

AmazingKazuki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Oddball

What Xoferew said, the bottoms of the cliff edges don't match the rocky ground and sticks out. The other thing that sticks out right away is there is no depth here in the map. The cliff by the stairs could come down one more level and I see the tiles for the cliff aren't all correct either. Adding "layers" to the map makes it look more realistic (both in my opinion and from what I have been told).

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I like the tree graphics and your person is cute.

The person is actually one of the charecters in the rtp (On page three, the depressed looking charecter. All of this is rtp actually)

Also thanks for the feedback. I have abolutley no idea how to make the cliffs match the ground in the dried riverbed. It's a tile from the dungeon tileset, and the cliffs are from outside. I could use a combination of both the dirt and the rocky tiles, but sense I added the riverbed ground from another tile set, I dont see a way i can make those tiles line up. The rest of your suggestions i'll implement

I think on area's where i need to make corners, ill just use the pile of dirt tiles. It could be sediment from the river when it was flowing

@Oddball
The other thing that sticks out right away is there is no depth here in the map

Adding "layers" to the map makes it look more realistic (both in my opinion and from what I have been told).

What do you mean?

Also. Is this better?

MV map.png

Last edited:

xoferew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
cliffpiece.png Hang on, I'll see if I can match the cliffs for you (if I'm thinking of the right tile)

Is it this?

Last edited:

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
How the heck did you do that? Yes it is

xoferew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can you paste that into your A5 tileset? But don't overwrite the cliff you already have because you need that one too. Paste it over something you aren't using. Or should I attach a whole A5 tileset? And yes, I think your map is looking good with the changes. ^_^

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok. As a dishwasher i dont make enough to frivolusly spend on a bunch of tilesets, so I'm trying my best to make the rtp look amazing. Not there yet, but i will be

gannon665

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Howdy all! First time posting here, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Spoiler has the full image, with a backup link below just in case it doesn't want to load. Put together a castle using the FES Resource Pack for MV. Lemme know what you think!

@Andreaus-Whitefyre Another good way to add some extra detail to your maps is with the Tint Screen command. Even using it to dim the "natural lighting" would help to add a bit of a more dank atmosphere to the area.

@Oddball Just for variations sake, you may try adding a few cracks to the ground or walls; or some dead/dried up plants. Or maybe even a skeleton or two! Afterall, it is a dried up riverbed; who knows what creatures died there before it dried up!

VQgURP4.png
Image Link if Spoiler doesn't work: https://i.imgur.com/VQgURP4.png

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What do i think? It may be from the fact that i just finished watching chuggaaconroys playthrough of Skyward sword, but that looks like hyrule castle from minish cap and link to the past

xoferew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@gannon665 That's beautiful! It makes me want to explore all those nooks and crannies. I hope they have enough light in the library to read all those books, maybe there are side windows that we can't see. And doesn't the king get a plate? ^_^ Especially like the hedge maze, and the way you lay out the plants etc. in that back garden.

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
houses.png

Some houses I'm working on using PVG's ******* tiles. Two 10x10s with different styling, and a little 5x5 on an elevated foundation. There's some issues with the floor tiles showing through the bases of the walls on the 10x10s, I might have just used the wrong tiles. But it's a WIP

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@gannon665 Nice. My only query is the size of the balcony in the bottom screenshot. It is so large that some visible support would be necessary - slender columns or maybe sturdy iron brackets underneath it to attach it back to the wall. At the moment it looks like it is in danger of toppling forward. Unless it is a playable area, my inclination would be to reduce the depth by a tile, rather than mess around with supports.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Tuomo L I have real problems with that water. The ground where you have placed it is higher than anywhere else. Normally it would, therefore, be running down to the lower level, but it's not. One end is blocked by a wall, the other by the cliff. (I've also got problems with the varying heights of the cliffs top right hand section, but that's a different issue.) If it is not running away anywhere, and not flooding, it must be totally stagnant. But it clearly isn't, the plants look healthy, the colour is good etc. So there is a blatant contradiction in the visual information that I'm being given.

For a long forgotten ruin, there is a remarkable lack of fallen leaves, general jungle debris, moss on the walls etc. It looks more like a carefully preserved site. The top of the arch over the stairs has collapsed - where is the fallen stone? The same question for the broken statue behind the blond sprite.

Lycanimuss

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hello guys!

Two new maps I made for a project I am working! I appreciate the feedback!
(Game in portuguese atm, but we are already working in an english version)

IBLIn7d.png

De3Xxb9.gif

Thanks!​

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I added a new coaching system to Eternal Dreamers this week. Eventing was the hard part as usual, but making things look appealing and easy to understand was important to me too. The heart bar and stars show how close you are to any given character!

ix34WJn.png

miani

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Hello guys!

Two new maps I made for a project I am working! I appreciate the feedback!
(Game in portuguese atm, but we are already working in an english version)

IBLIn7d.png

De3Xxb9.gif

Thanks!​

<-snip-> Mod action, see post below for reason.

------------------

The first map is good but without contrast, there's no sense of depth. Try to make the under part of the hill brighter to improve that aspect.

The second one have the qualities that the first one doesn't have, a good contrast and the elements are highlited. I just think the shadow at the middle is too strong, at the end this is a game and the player should have a reasonable visibility to not compromise the gameplay (with the excpetion of games where the darkness is a factor of the gameplay itself).

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@miani This is an English language site, and only English may be used in public posts and updates - what you use in a pm is up to you. I know you were only trying to be helpful by replying in Portuguese as well, but I have had to delete that portion of your post. One option you might use, if you think that the other person will have difficulty understanding English, is to post your comment and add at the end something like this: "If you don't understand what I've said, send me a pm and we can talk in Portuguese."

miani

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
@miani This is an English language site, and only English may be used in public posts and updates - what you use in a pm is up to you. I know you were only trying to be helpful by replying in Portuguese as well, but I have had to delete that portion of your post. One option you might use, if you think that the other person will have difficulty understanding English, is to post your comment and add at the end something like this: "If you don't understand what I've said, send me a pm and we can talk in Portuguese."

I know that this is an english forum, that's why my post is also in english, it was just a translation and not a different message. Even in google translator you could have checked that. No need to delete it. But do what you want.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1618970067646.png
Feedback would be appreciated. To me it feels like the Dad does look a bit too normal and boring.
I think he's missing some features that make him more unique. Opinions?
recovering from surgery that covid caused me to have, im back trying to work on the newer engine on my game. We will see how this goes. I have no idea what to do about conversions
The wings got worse than I expected ... but for now it looks like this:
index.php
Doing RPG Maker News #16 | Orchestral Tileset, Don Miguel Interview, Visual Choices, Retro Console Icons
I realized I kinda have a habit of making threads and sometimes not thinking them through. I should work on this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neareyn