Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
mw.png
mw1b.png
mw2.png
Notes: This is one dungeon. Locale is a dream-scapelike place. May upload a walkabout through the various maps. Haven't reworked the lighting of the neon-signage.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Takeshi014 I can appreciate the complexity of what you've done, but I'm not sure that you've made it attractive to a potential player, which is one of the prime functions of a title screen. I don't even know the name of the game from looking at that. There is an awkward pause before the command menu comes up, the movement (which I think is linked to moving to a different command) isn't smooth, and the commands are not intuitive.

Sorry if this sounds so negative, but I think this still needs quite a bit of work.

Last edited:

Takeshi014

Crafter of epic games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Takeshi014 I can appreciate the complexity of what you've done, but I'm not sure that you've made it attractive to a potential player, which is one of the prime functions of a title screen. I don't event know the name of the game from looking at that. There is an awkward pause before the command menu comes up, the movement (which I think is linked to moving to a different command) isn't smooth, and the commands are not intuitive.

Sorry if this sounds so negative, but I think this still needs quite a bit of work.
Ok, thanks for the feedback. I will be sure to implement some of what you said into my title screen

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
More progress on my Forest dungeon! It just needs some more detailing, then I can put in all the events/battles. (sorry I had to reduce img quality significantly to stay under forum limits)

Forest.jpeg

This is forest is actually supposed to be divided into 16 smaller maps (20x11 tiles each). The entire forest is 80x44 tiles. So the "darker" tree clumps serve as edges of those smaller maps. Like so:

Forest_split.jpeg

Each of the smaller maps will contain an encounter, well most of them anyway. The exit is around the southeast side of the forest. The small cottage on the northwestern corner will have a bed so the party can heal up.

Last edited:

Chompil

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
it looks very natural and beautiful, except those dark tree tops. I always disliked this autotile. I'd edit the tileset to a have a "tight group of trees" instead, assuming you can make it tile properly, to easily make borders.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it looks very natural and beautiful, except those dark tree tops. I always disliked this autotile. I'd edit the tileset to a have a "tight group of trees" instead, assuming you can make it tile properly, to easily make borders.
Do you mean like this?

Forest.jpeg

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Frostorm I'm not sure what Chompil meant, but here is another option

screenie.png

I've just started a forest as well. Here is a map (there will be 4 or 5 of these). In a spoiler as it's big.

Mapshot 162 Index [0, 0].png

It's a bit boring without the lighting, so here is a video of me running around doing the final check of the passability settings in the data base. Doing this style of mapping (walking behind stuff) without the help of layers means that passabilities get very tricky. And a good thing I did do it, because I found an error.

Elissiaro

aka MsLilly
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm
Looking good! I like they way you've detailed the middle area.
Also I don't mind those dark on the inside tree roofs (or whatever you call them), it depends on what mood you're setting. They work great to make forests a bit claustrophobic.
Though since your map is wide and open the leafy ones probably work better. Imo it looks good either way.

Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Kes what tileset did you use for that forest?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Finnuval It's an amalgamation of several tilesets, edited to within an inch of their life, with some made by me. The only more or less unaltered ones are the basic grass (not paths or long grass) and cliffs which are from Celianna's Ancient Dungeons, Jungle.

Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Finnuval It's an amalgamation of several tilesets, edited to within an inch of their life, with some made by me. The only more or less unaltered ones are the basic grass and cliffs which are from Celianna's Ancient Dungeons, Jungle.
Ah ok. Looks good :D

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is what the forest looks like from the player's PoV. Also, I just finished setting up the monster spawning system. A randomly different set of enemies appear every time the map loads. There's also some footage of what the combat is like, though I had to resort to Fire spells since I'm soloing them, albeit w/ a slight lv advantage, heh.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here's my game map so far. I intend to add more districts than what is shown, especially to the left of the green area (which is part of the corporate center) and below all of these. Each section is a different district! This is a work in progress, so building locations may change.

Due to the map screenshot script, events such as doors are not completely aligned in the images.
MyIuU22.jpg

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Ninjakillzu That is some map! Well done.
Have you put together several maps for the screenshot or is it one single map? I was wondering about lag on older/lower end machines if it is just one map.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Ninjakillzu That is some map! Well done.
Have you put together several maps for the screenshot or is it one single map? I was wondering about lag on older/lower end machines if it is just one map.
Each section is it's own map. There would be way too much lag and I would hit the event limit if the whole thing was a single map.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Since everyone is showing off their forests, here's a small one I made for Battle Castle that leads to an abandoned mine.
Can anyone spot the squirrel?
Map106.png

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can anyone spot the squirrel?
Is it that half concealed something behind the tree to the left of the suspicious man-in-a-hood?

Basically a nice map, but I do have a couple of queries.

This cannot be a constructed fire break in the forest which has become overgrown a bit, as there are trees of the same size as those in the blocks of trees. So the absolute straight lines of those blocks looks a bit odd. Could I suggest that you vary them somewhat - take out a tree or two here and there, push the line forward a tree or two elsewhere in order to vary it up a bit and make it appear a little more natural.

Secondly, those two unvarying blocks seem a bit heavy. Maybe make an internal gap/glade within them (which the player cannot access) so as to relieve the sheer solidness of them?

T3sCoconuts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all , so put some effort into a new map, thinking about putting some stairs in to show that there are layers to the cliff side, though not sure i feel like it will take away from the look im going for,

bit of a back story for this area,
this is the slums of the main human city in my game, its also for lack of a better place to put them, a jail of sorts, after people who have broken the law have been released, from jail, there sent down here, i would like to add more houses in, though there is also a underground also, still working out where to put the entry into the market,
at the top of the cliff there is a large city, that is also rather wealthy, this area is also know for having homeless people, or street rats, though the guards now rather execution over exile to the slums, as slum numbers are getting too high,
most are now born in the slums,

2 things i have been thinking with this area,
1 adding trees, and more houses, trees would be mostly dead though, as there is hardly any sun,
the other is im thinking about adding stairs to the cliff to show that it is a cliff as i feel like its a little flat

what do you all think

Attachments

• slums.PNG
    slums.PNG
    705.9 KB · Views: 29

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

To be released 2021/10/21
Now that I made this "What the MZ RTP is missing" spreadsheet it's itching me to fill some the gaps D:
Aaaaand I completely forgot about the RMMV Chicken Rave my brother decided to implement in a parody of my VERY FIRST UNFINISHED project. We could not escape the chicken rave... The chickens would block the ladder...
I love how I can look up a problem I'm having with my game, find a post from like six years ago that addresses the issue, and the solution provided still works in RPG Maker.
It's times like those that my life feels really easy XD
Change costumes with equipment!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majinludde