Dust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Half-sunken ruins, mist-shrouded pathways, rumors of a secret rebel hideout...

Untitled-1.png

I still need to find a good english translation for this place. In the German version it's called "Silberschwadensee" which along the lines of "Silver Swath Lake" but I don't really like the sound of that :distrust:

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dust that's a really good map, and I think I got few options (but please note, that translation doesn't have to be exact word-to-word) so my options for you are:
- Lake Of Silver
- Silver Lake
- Moonlight Lake (light of moon sometimes seems like silver)
- Lake Of Silver Glow
- Pond Of Shimmering Silver.

KawaiiKid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Needed a break from working on classes. The very basics of all 12 classes are done, but lots of fine tuning and bug testing now. Decided to make a title screen today to break the monotony. Took quite a while to find lots of images to photoshop together that were free to use for commercial use. The background is a composite of 8 different images spliced together and edited. I hope the vibe doesn't come off too much as you are in space, but rather in a strange world.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KawaiiKid, looks cool! I like the colour scheme, really calming somehow. :wub Any chance you can get rid of the big floating stone tho? I feel it's kinda hogging up the space and bein' like YO I'M A BIG FLOATING STONE, WHADDUP. Mebbe try the whole thing without the stone? Ooor... make it smaller? Put it in a corner? Otherwise really nice, sweetie!:kaoluv:

EDIT: Not getting space vibes at all either, so you got that down!

ericv00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Decided to make a title screen today to break the monotony. Took quite a while to find lots of images to photoshop together that were free to use for commercial use. The background is a composite of 8 different images spliced together and edited. I hope the vibe doesn't come off too much as you are in space, but rather in a strange world.
Nice work!

The particles are strangely aligned. Is it possible to vary the speed with which they rise from the bottom of the screen? That would look a bit more natural.
Any chance you can get rid of the big floating stone tho?
The stone seems important. I assume it is important.
Ooor... make it smaller?
I agree. Maybe 50% of its current size?

KawaiiKid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice work!

The particles are strangely aligned. Is it possible to vary the speed with which they rise from the bottom of the screen? That would look a bit more natural.

The stone seems important. I assume it is important.

I agree. Maybe 50% of its current size?
@KawaiiKid, looks cool! I like the colour scheme, really calming somehow. :wub Any chance you can get rid of the big floating stone tho? I feel it's kinda hogging up the space and bein' like YO I'M A BIG FLOATING STONE, WHADDUP. Mebbe try the whole thing without the stone? Ooor... make it smaller? Put it in a corner? Otherwise really nice, sweetie!:kaoluv:

EDIT: Not getting space vibes at all either, so you got that down!
Thanks for the input guys. I made the crystal smaller, and I think it does look better as well.

Archduke

Jack of all Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for the input guys. I made the crystal smaller, and I think it does look better as well.

Maybe have the particles less uniformly appear? Seems odd to have them all come out in rows like that.

KawaiiKid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The thing with lighting you have to take into consideration is shadows. Unless you are doing the entire map in parallax and adding your own shadows it will always look "off" with just a lighting effect. The lights in your game look good, but as they are bright blue, the entire room should have a soft blue overlay. Also, these lights would be affecting all the shadows in the game. Without adding shadows to them, I'd suggest greatly lowering the opacity of lights except right next to the bulbs. This way you can still have the effect, but the lack of shadows won't be as jarring.
I've finally figured out how to do lighting overlays! Here's a sneak peek.

View attachment 210432

castiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Knight of the Celestial - Early Dungeon Gameplay - RPG Maker MV First Person Shooter

ericv00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's amazing how many hours it can take to just create and edit a few different doorways. And I still feel like they are incomplete, but I have to move on. Maybe I'll come back to them later.
screenshot9.jpg

How did that rock in the center one get so bright without me noticing?!

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ericv00, I'd say know when to stop, honey. Those doorways look real good! :kaoluv: There's always gonna be imperfections especially to the eye of the maker, and if you keep honing the details, you gonna get bogged in them.

Iron_Brew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1640486611997.png
I've never posted in one of these threads before - I was looking for somewhere to share progress on this! New battlebacks, new enemies - Chapter 2 is coming along REAL NICE I reckon!

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ninjakillzu, wow, real nice-looking maps, sweetie! Delightfully crowded and organic, without bein' overwhelming! I got no good feedback on the lights, tho. :kaoswt:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Remember to do your 0,01% progress on your game today!
Went to see Jujutsu Kaisen 0 yesterday, it was cool. The movie wasnt really a masterpiece, it had some pacing and characterization problems, but overall I enjoyed it, maybe because it was the first anime film I have ever been to in the cinema lol. The battle animation & music were top-notch. I havent seen much of the anime so people who watched the entire season would probably like it more.
MainMenu.PNG
Finally satisfied with the main menu xD

The plan was to have battle sprites in the menu...But these faces from Ocean's Nostalgia look pretty damn good imo. (Will have to adjust for them ofc and maybe recolor to match the overworld/battle sprites more)
It's always disturbing to me to see my cat eating something off the bathroom floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonson