PLUEVNR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, I see. That's awesome either way. I draw directly with pen a lot of times, but when it comes to game map design, I draw with pencil (and never erase!). Are your sketches first drafts? Or did you have to scrap mistakes and redo it from scratch? Either way, I dig your map. It also turned out well in the engine editor. Keep up the good work!
I had a first draft made in 3 minutes and a lot of scratches and side notes before making this one.

IvanForever

Xir Xir
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had a first draft made in 3 minutes and a lot of scratches and side notes before making this one.
Oh, cool. That's interesting to know. Thank you for sharing.

I know I posted it on my profile, but I'm still so happy with the blackjack attack in Knight Shift!
Very unique interface. Your work seems to stand out from what I've seen in this community. Keep up the great work.

Kurot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys, I really liked what Lycanimuss did with the grass in his Altar of Sacrifice in page 95, and the title screen made by KawaiiKid in page 97. Great work!

So after I started using parallax mapping I can't see other default maps like I used to.

I'd like to hear from you guys about this map. It's a part of a cave with some stalagmites and stalactites that I'm making for my project. The cave also has some accumulated sand that I distribute in the corners of the map.

Resting Area.png

Last edited:

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kurot, I kinda get vibes similar to dat game @deficiencyproductionz is makin'... or maybe it's just the underground setting? :kaoswt: :biggrin: Check it out tho, a cool game in the works! Anyway, I'm a sucker for nice braziers, so Imma click like!

DecentTreatment

Decent Treatment
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kurot, I kinda get vibes similar to dat game @deficiencyproductionz is makin'... or maybe it's just the underground setting? :kaoswt: :biggrin: Check it out tho, a cool game in the works! Anyway, I'm a sucker for nice braziers, so Imma click like!
Thanks for the mention! Yeah, I like this! the stalagmites are very impactful.

IvanForever

Xir Xir
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like to hear from you guys about this map. It's a part of a cave with some stalagmites and stalactites that I'm making for my project. The cave also has some accumulated sand that I distribute in the corners of the map.
Gave me a pretty freaky (in a good way) underground-cave-dungeon vibe. Who knows what is going to happen there... or what could haunt the player.

Kurot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the mention! Yeah, I like this! the stalagmites are very impactful.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm still tinkering the map little by little to improve it.

Oh, and I'll definitely look at the deficiencyproductionz project, it's always good to have more references.

Gave me a pretty freaky (in a good way) underground-cave-dungeon vibe. Who knows what is going to happen there... or what could haunt the player.

It will probably be one of the first maps at the beginning of the game, so I found your point of view interesting. The first impression is what sticks, right?

IvanForever

Xir Xir
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It will probably be one of the first maps at the beginning of the game, so I found your point of view interesting. The first impression is what sticks, right?
Ha, I guess so? :p Now that you have mentioned it, I am curious how it will be executed as a beginning-of-the-game map. My first thought was some kind of deep or side quest dungeon. Now knowing your thoughts, I am starting to have thoughts of the cave in the nearby woods of the first town, at night.

Momonica

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1641777235811.png
Hey guys! I wanted to share the overall map of the first area of my game. It's suposed to be really small, just a small part of such a big world. I know it's not really THAT great because of this, but i really wanted to share as i'm really proud! Also, it's always good to hear opnions, did i put too much trees or should i put more? is the big town weird or is it good?

Tayruu

・ ゚*。・゚(幸)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
YJCsqBJ.gif

I realise this probably doesn't look too different to the UI design direction I've demonstrated in screenshots or videos before, but in the past I had copies of every icon that I swapped out if items were selected or not. Now they're dynamically coloured, thanks to making use of get/set_pixel.

Surprisingly doesn't appear to have any noticeable performance impact, so I'll have to see if I can use this method to create masking effects elsewhere. (To be fair, I'm using MKXP, and before that was using VXAce + XP. Maybe native XP would've hated this.)

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RavenBlueIndigo, ooh, you got a lovely colour scheme! I also totally, totally love the creepy giants peekin' over the wall! :kaoluv: Kinda makes me think about John Kenn Mortensen, y'know? Yo brick wall looks a wee bit too much like a brick stack, tho, can you make it so it looks more like a wall?

RavenBlueIndigo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@RavenBlueIndigo, ooh, you got a lovely colour scheme! I also totally, totally love the creepy giants peekin' over the wall! :kaoluv: Kinda makes me think about John Kenn Mortensen, y'know? Yo brick wall looks a wee bit too much like a brick stack, tho, can you make it so it looks more like a wall?
Uh, well, that is how I've always portrayed brick walls and I struggle to think of another way to portray them, so I am going to keep it as it is, lol.

The giant behind the wall is a statue of a large cat. This area is related to a cameo of a friend and there's a thematic focus on cats in this little area in reference to him.

Fun fact about the palette: It's an edit of the gameboy green palette that I use in my art, just shifted to orange. Lol.

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Finished my first hand-drawn map. It took me an entire week, but I'm very proud of it.

Screenshot - 17_01.png
So far, there are no npcs, so it looks a little empty. And it's just part of the map, didn't want to upload the entire thing. But I'm just happy I finally finished it. What do you guys think?

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Finished my first hand-drawn map. It took me an entire week, but I'm very proud of it.

View attachment 213254
So far, there are no npcs, so it looks a little empty. And it's just part of the map, didn't want to upload the entire thing. But I'm just happy I finally finished it. What do you guys think?
Looks cool. Gives me adventure game vibes. Makes me want to click for clues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

one of the coolest things I've learned from the forums is the ability to give yourself a hitbox. I have a move you can do on the fields. shoulder tackle. thanks to the forums, that tackle triggers self A switches on some events. NPC's and the environment now react to the tackle. awesome.
I really liked how this one turned out! :kaopride:
WYqMPf6.png

Character (Yes, this is a character): Nibiru the Primal Being from Yugioh.
Dragon Quest style enemy selection plugin work in progress:

Quest_Targeting.png

It's a simple targeting system from the NES era. Select an enemy group; single-target skills will target the first enemy in that group.

Quest-Targeting-Animated.gif
Somehow that granny topic got me... maybe I can come up with some more thematic stuff :3
Going live for tonight's stream! Kytt isn't feeling 100% tonight so the wifestream will be tomorrow and I'll be playing Final Fantasy XIV for this one instead. Twitch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RiceKun