SOC

Love your Volk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Question, are those ice pillars in the fountain to look like little wells or something?
Haha, they're animated water fountains from MV's RTP.

I'm in love with these animated weather effects from Visustella's plugin.

67867.png

Last edited:

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Joining the Yakuza could result in losing some digits in the future... :kaoswt2:

Screenshot (142).png

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm starting to put together my interior tile set. Slow work. So many tiles to do, so many tiles to find, this is going to take forever.

Here is a screenie of my first interior map showing the sort of style I'm going for. It's night time and our hero is being interogated by the man facing us. How I miss dynamic shadows! It may look a tad empty at the moment, but I have to leave enough space for a lot of people being there during the day.

You'll have to click on the image and then choose zoom if you want to see things like the pattern on the wallpaper. I don't think it's necessary myself.

interior 01.png

Last edited:

Ninjypuppy

That one guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think you'll find that those "ice pillars" are the default gushing fountain sprite. You'll find them on !Other2. They'll be animated in the game.
Yeah.... im dumb sorry......

Cymaiden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Alveare Queen just needs to ask a few questions before you can begin Red Nova in earnest.

Screenshot from 2022-07-10 12-13-15.png

The fourth wall will not protect you.

Screenshot from 2022-07-10 12-14-06.png

misterdovah

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is a Map I made for a Map Contest one of my brazilian rpg maker groups. The theme is Lost Ancient Cities. I used Celianna for the first time in my life and I loved it. If I finish my IGMC game, this map is part of it.​

ratanabadodovah.png

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@misterdovah That is a very nice map indeed.
If I could make one suggestion, it would be to make this look more like a ruin. At the moment it's extremely neat and tidy.

For example, you have a collapsed arch. Where is the debris? There should be odd bits of rubble around. iirc when I used that tile set I had to frankensprite some rubble, but it's worth it.

Another example - the platform that the collapsed arch is on has no cracked or broken tiles. Or again, the grass is uniformly perfect, like a mowed lawn. Maybe some small weeds scattered around, some fallen leaves, a bit of rough grass, more vines growing up the ruins. All that sort of thing would help make this look much more like the site of a ruin.

misterdovah

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
iirc when I used that tile set I had to frankensprite some rubble, but it's worth
Thank you, I guees I should do some editing. I did for the underwater building. Maybe a pos-work parallax should work. Thank yoh, Kes.

SOC

Love your Volk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
546456456.png

I think when it comes to exploring dark maps, if it's too dark I find it actually becomes less fun trying to "stumble" around especially when looking for treasure and trying to keep a "mental map" in your head. I'm experimenting with putting lights on the chests just so the player knows where to go to pick them up and move on, while still providing branching paths throughout the map that makes the player consider the route through the darkness and light provided to be most efficient. I think the White light looks better than the torch lights on chests, but I may have to tone it down some since they kinda' overpower the torches and disrupt the atmosphere.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@SOC Speaking as a player (and I may be in a minority here) I would want you to tone the chest light down a lot, so that it was no more than a faint glow. The reason for that is, if it were to be too obvious where the chests were, I would lose the sense of satisfaction in finding it through my skill in exploration. It would (for me, but maybe not for others) little more satisfying than finding all the chests lined up in a row and I just had to open them.

SOC

Love your Volk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@SOC Speaking as a player (and I may be in a minority here) I would want you to tone the chest light down a lot, so that it was no more than a faint glow. The reason for that is, if it were to be too obvious where the chests were, I would lose the sense of satisfaction in finding it through my skill in exploration. It would (for me, but maybe not for others) little more satisfying than finding all the chests lined up in a row and I just had to open them.
Yep, I agree, I was mostly experimenting with the idea and making adjustments.

ertertertert.png

Since I'm switching to MZ, I wasn't able to get Khaz' Ultra Lighting to work with Fossil on MZ, so I'm using Visustella's Lighting Effects instead. I've put very small and subtle lights on the unopened chests, it's not very easy to see when looking directly at it but your peripherial vision tends to catch it as you move along the map which I think feels very nice for exploration. If you move on a path away from the chest but see it, you can back and grab it and I think that's good.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@SOC That seems a neat way of solving the issue.
Like you I had hoped to be able to use Khas Ultra Lighting when I moved to MZ. Sad that it's not possible, as I much prefer the way he handled shadows from lights.

Reactions: SOC

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like your sprites and dialogue. I see English isn't your native language, so just a heads-up that the second sentence is grammatically incorrect. Delete "like" to fix it.

Thanks, English is my third language. :rswt

Yumiowari

running to my dreams
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
river.png
É uma área bem no comecinho do meu projeto de jogo (Eo)...
Eu não tenho muita gente para perguntar sobre, então vim aqui. Vocês acham que o estilo tá bom? Eu podia melhorar em algum aspecto?

Obrigado ^^
[EN]
It's an area at the very beginning of my game project (Eo)...
I don't have a lot of people to ask about, so I came here. Do you think the style is good? Could I improve in any way?

TY ~

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here's a showcase of layers of visual effects I've added over a scene. By stripping them off, one by one. :kaoblush:

Aaaaand, here's me working on the above scene, adding weather effects to it: :kaoeh:

DamageActor1_2.png added!
index.php

Krow and Dova's Cool New Game | Release Trailer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaireinaH