Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh I like the green textbox, reminds me of Fallout
That's what I was going for, it's the same exact font as Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and pretty much the same color as 3. The text box itself is different, however. The world map, when I'm done with it, will have similarities to Fallout 1/2.
The second screen has a moving dust cloud in the background but you can't really see it in the pic.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Behold my images! (Note: these maps are subject to change.)

Screenshot (153).png
Screenshot (154).png
Screenshot (155).png
Screenshot (156).png

Screenshot (157).png

TakumaGao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do these transitions look okay?

The horizontal black transition is for moving between maps, and the vertical white transition is for using the teleportation spell. Do you notice any problems with them at all? Visuals, audio, wait time, etc?

Dust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

The horizontal black transition is for moving between maps, and the vertical white transition is for using the teleportation spell. Do you notice any problems with them at all? Visuals, audio, wait time, etc?

awww they're lovely! I think it really fits the retro-charme :)

Arkhanis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
portuguse
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is the biggest part of a forest, i'm working on for my game. It links to a lot of places, like the dwarven city, the faeries hidden village, that is located at the end of a secret path... so, i wanna know if the map, at least, can evoke a little of the feeling it should.

grande florest2.jpg

I reduced the quality of the picture to avoid upload issues, and this is not how it looks in game of course, there's a lot of events over the map, like enemies, chests, magical barriers the visual ones, like fog and sun light, and the resolution of 640x480 will show just a small portion of it.

F2.PNG
This is a in game picture, i know that it's difficult to tell without seeing the game running, but the sun light changes the intensity dynamically and there is a fog layer also.

What do you guys think? There's to much going on? It's lacking something?

That's my first time sharing a screenshot and i don't see really well :LZYcheeze: so please don't mind the quality of the work.

Last edited:

Arkhanis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
portuguse
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I think they're beautiful!
Maybe, just the vertical white one is a bit ahead of it's time for an old school feel. But this is just my opinion, and overall your game is looking great!

TakaTheTown

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A screencap from my first project, let me know what you guys think!

Also I don't know if this is the right thread but here's some battle gifs as well!

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@TakaTheTown Sadly the whole of the central part of your screens are taken up with "ad by gif.com". While it is possible to peer through the opaque square, it does make it difficult to give an informed opinion.

TakaTheTown

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@TakaTheTown Sadly the whole of the central part of your screens are taken up with "ad by gif.com". While it is possible to peer through the opaque square, it does make it difficult to give an informed opinion.
My apologies, went and updated the post with a different host hopefully they should be more visible!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@TakaTheTown I like the screenshot, though I think there is a bit of a problem with the water. You have a large waterfall and a big pool to receive the water, but just a few tiles down the river bed becomes only 1 tile wide. A river bed that narrow would not be able to take away such a large quantity of water.

I like the first battle scene, and a nice visual 'shock wave' sort of effect. I am less keen on the second - the way the background trees suddenly go whizzing past looks odd, imo.

TakaTheTown

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@TakaTheTown I like the screenshot, though I think there is a bit of a problem with the water. You have a large waterfall and a big pool to receive the water, but just a few tiles down the river bed becomes only 1 tile wide. A river bed that narrow would not be able to take away such a large quantity of water.

I like the first battle scene, and a nice visual 'shock wave' sort of effect. I am less keen on the second - the way the background trees suddenly go whizzing past looks odd, imo.
Thank you for the critique! Regarding the scrolling on the latter, would it help if I added in a slower scrolling portion at the beginning only for it to speed up later? Just trying to think of solutions short of implementing full scale parallax acceleration.

Former_Sky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm quite pleased with how my project has been going so far.
screenshot 2.PNG
screenshot 1.PNG
screenshot3.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.
ScreenShot_10_3_2022_4_27_17.png
welp, thanks to Luna MV, I was able to add the Balloon as a window... thus allowing me to edit the font color and outline... so now it looks like comic bubbles above characters. I have NO idea why I couldn't get this to work through more conventional means, but here we are.
CUTE CUTE CUTE.gif
I cannot cease doing cute art
War and Wonder is a 100% choice-based open-world visual novel.
1664821313732.png
1664821466359.png
1664821547746.png
Going live soon on Twitch, and will continue Fortunastreet's game "Verloren". For those who are curious, you are welcome to join ;)

-> Franz' Twitch channel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyzerKiba