Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Former_Sky Just a couple of suggestions to tidy things up a bit.

In the campfire scene, I'd have the sprites closer to the fire, otherwise it looks like they've had an argument - though perhaps they have, in which case leave them where they are. It might also help to have some indication of belongings e.g. a sack which could pass as a back pack, a sleeping mat, just something to give a hint that this is a real stopping point.

When I'm planning what houses look like on the exterior, I always try and imagine what the interior would have to be like for that to work. Using that criterion, have a look at the chimney on the house on the right. It would of necessity have to be above the fire place, but that fireplace would have to be right next to the front door. This helps explain why it looks odd where it is. I'd move it up to the top of the roof. As a general rule anyway, chimneys rarely come out of the middle of the roof, they come out at the top.

@cddeat03 I think you need to edit the cliff faces as well, because having them the same brightness for both day and night doesn't work, imo.
As for the corn and earth patches, I don't think just making them darker (which in the case of the earth patch on the right actually makes it stand out more clearly) is the best method. Perhaps try some desaturation and reduced brightness?

cddeat03

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
As for the corn and earth patches, I don't think just making them darker (which in the case of the earth patch on the right actually makes it stand out more clearly) is the best method. Perhaps try some desaturation and reduced brightness?
I think you're right. Been wondering what about it was looking off to me.

Somberton

Developer of "Somber Elegy; Broken Dreams"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Map670.png
Screenshot of the abandoned town of Sygan, an expedition led by A.S. Khaamar created the small settlement to see what lies within the desolate wasteland. To the east is the pathway to the Crystal Glacier, where the majority of the expedition team was lost. Some of the remaining survivors witnessed mountains move, and paths close off. Others say that they heard a deep groan within the ice.

Sygan was left abandoned for over 175 years. To this day, no one has ever set foot on this land.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@SloppyPattato That's a very large map with a lot of empty space. I would cut it down a lot. I'm also not sure of the combination of a smithery and a pub? Is there a specieifc reason why those are sharing a building?
It's good that you used walls to divide up the maps in rooms, but it's strange that those walls are only 1 tile high, while your outer walls are two tile highs. Either change the inner walls to 2 tiles or change the outer to 1 tiles for consistencey. (I prefer two tile high walls.)

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
View attachment 238688
Screenshot of the abandoned town of Sygan, an expedition led by A.S. Khaamar created the small settlement to see what lies within the desolate wasteland. To the east is the pathway to the Crystal Glacier, where the majority of the expedition team was lost. Some of the remaining survivors witnessed mountains move, and paths close off. Others say that they heard a deep groan within the ice.

Sygan was left abandoned for over 175 years. To this day, no one has ever set foot on this land.
I always like nice-looking RTP style maps! What are you using for your shoreline tiles, since they're more curvy than RTP?

Somberton

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@cthulhusquid I too used that tile set in one of my games. They are a bit fiddly, but worth the effort, imo.

Lord_Bluffkin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
WoM-Screenshot-ChapVI-1.png
This is a screenshot from an inn within the Chapter VI town from our game World of Monsters. The town does not yet have a name. It's a fortress town, so the buildings are heavy stone block.

Our game is going for a 16-bit feel with big pixels and noisy gradients. It runs on 48x48 tiles. Tilesets have been de-rezzed but faces and character sprites have not yet been processed as of yet.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Lord_Bluffkin I think that entrance hall would be too big in any context, but in a fortress town even more so. You don't need most of that space to the left, nor such a big counter. It's only an inn - so why has it got 4 statues in the hallway? It looks like they're only there to try and fill in all that empty space.

Somberton

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Map238.png
Changed the world map up a bit. Originally there were land bridges connecting all around. It felt weird having these land bridges and not large pieces of land. Close to the center of the picture (Castillion Tundra) was untouched by the surrounding landmasses. I think it looks better having it all come together and surrounding the tundra. Overall it looks rather natural.. apart from the obvious cold spot in the center of a warm climate. One of the many oddities the world has.

DeBaby28

Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't to remake map 53(left) to the right. Triora is supposed to be a mountain village but it is a close to a waterfall. Should I add water to the left and right to make a border? Also is there anything else I should change?

Attachments

• Map053.png
    Map053.png
    821.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Map054.png
    Map054.png
    657.4 KB · Views: 12

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DamageEvil_2.png added!
index.php