brawlers

its a brawlers world
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
small test for constructing a ps1-inspired pre-rendered environment + custom flip phone menu. lots of events to put in the scene, but the base is there! this is just the proof-of-concept. Now that I got a workflow down, I am excited to build it out even more.
(song is placeholder btw)

Lord_Bluffkin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
small test for constructing a ps1-inspired pre-rendered environment + custom flip phone menu. lots of events to put in the scene, but the base is there! this is just the proof-of-concept. Now that I got a workflow down, I am excited to build it out even more.
Incredible work.

Iron_Brew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks incredible!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Pots Talos The two statues in the front area are very nice, but you have a fundamental problem with them. They are demonstrably going to be crashing through the ceiling as they are far taller than your walls.

I can accept fire/lava breaking through the floor. I question, however, having it come through the walls in 2 places as there is no indication of where it could have come from - certainly not from within the thin area behind the walls.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've been redoing all my food and drinks to make them useful until max level. Plus, I've added new vending machines around that sells a bunch of new stuff, including food, drinks/alcohol, and "soft" legal drugs (I still need another vending machine idea). These machines have different inventories from one another and have varying inventory levels.

Screenshot (163).png
Screenshot (164).png
Screenshot (166).png

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Lycanimuss Overall I like the map a lot. Good ambiance, nice variety of objects though maybe the lighting is a touch dark for some monitors.

I do, however, have one query relating to what I think is a tent on the left side. I think it's a bit too hemmed in by trees. I can't work out how they even got it erected with those trees at the front being so close. From a security perspective an adventurer would want a bit of clear space in front of the entrance so that they can be sure that no wild beast or other nastie is hiding there. Maybe move/remove the tree on the right of the entrance?

RivalRamen_Games

College student with Marsha Obsession
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay... So, I have basically a hugely bare map that's supposed to be the overworld... And tons of other maps that I'm working on. Question... Where do I put them??
(Note of scale: 1 tile area (1*1) in Overworld = 625 (25*25) Tiles area on the specific area's map. How does this scale sound? Be honest... I can take it! :kaopride:)

fop

Secret Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am here for more advice, friends! So, I have this map. It's only one map of a larger area of abandoned mines (picture like a diamond mine, where it spirals down to the bottom). My problem is, I have no idea how to do the lighting in this map. How do I shadow it...?

I've mentioned before that I'm bad with the uhh logic behind shadows and light... anyone able to offer any advice?

halfsize.png

A link to the fullsize image.

And here we are in game:
ingame.PNG

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
I think it looks just fine as it is. There's aleady a lot of texture, it's well placed and you cleary understand where you can walk and where you can't. That said, the easiest first step into shadows is picking a direction where the light is coming from. Thankfully the graphics you've used have done it for you ~ and then draw the shadows in the opposite direction.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Weremole One thing to be alert to is how the light is shown on objects. For example, the graphic for the metal shelter in your second image clearly depicts the light falling directly on it from above. If, however, your light source is to the side then you will have to edit that so that your whole map is consistent. So also with other objects you've used.

Reactions: fop

Esoloist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Khetrani
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The office where you will prep for your missions! Be sure to prepare well coz resources are limited.

Attachments

• office (1).png
    office (1).png
    625.4 KB · Views: 10

Neonzumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here are some shots of the starting areas of chapter 2 of my game: Cheddar Con Carne - Prelude to Whimsicality. Think of it as the calm before the strangeness.Cheddar Con Carne - Prelude to Whimsicality 9_25_2022 7_46_53 AM.pngCheddar Con Carne - Prelude to Whimsicality 9_26_2022 7_43_21 PM.pngCheddar Con Carne - Prelude to Whimsicality 9_26_2022 7_43_37 PM.pngCheddar Con Carne - Prelude to Whimsicality 9_26_2022 7_43_04 PM.png

Eden019

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Empty
Primarily Uses
N/A
The snow city in my game, and it's gonna be the final city in my game,
(I wonder why most of RPG games have mostly snowy areas as a late game area, lol.)

Map197.png

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Eden019 You have a recurring problem with the backs of your houses. Logically, if you are to maintain the illusion of depth to the houses, the back of the roof must have the same amount of space as the front. Unless the roofs are completely vertical at the back it is not physically possible for that market stall to be so close to the Inn or to the house top right. The same with trees and lamp posts behind other houses.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

working on an A/V sync system for my game! was NOT expecting the first roadblock to be accessing a variable from a public class!! Computers are so finicky sometimes :kaosigh:
For the first real time since my game's inception I found myself actually having fun playing around with my party's skills while testing out some battles! So much so, that I actually forgot what I was doing for a minute and had to force myself to move on to the next thing! :guffaw:

That's got to be a good sign considering it only has place holder animations, enemy skills, troop comps, etc. right now. Feels good!
Bex
Finally upgraded to RMMZ.
ScreenShot_11_28_2022_7_52_34.png
FINALLY, I figured out how to get the "tail" to appear IN the window and not directly below it lol. now it looks like it's part of the window and not hanging from the bottom of it.
Twitch! Stream is about to go live with some Dark Souls 2! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ninja777