RivalRamen_Games

Dimensional Drifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks a lot for your appreciation!This will give us much inspiration 0v0 To be honest, I haven't got any commendable experience of playing game qwq……so I'm curious about "fey inspired" XD Is that a game with beautiful graphics? 0v0
Okay, so... "Fey" is a term used to describe magical creatures closely tied to the forces of nature. These can be anywhere from dryads to faeries to sprites to changelings, eladrin (Basically season elves), hags, nymphs, and anywhere in between! They're also known as fay, fae, fairy, fair folk, or faerie. In real-life mythology, fey "is a type of mythical being or legendary creature found in the folklore of multiple European cultures (including Celtic, Slavic, Germanic, English, and French folklore), a form of spirit, often described as metaphysical, supernatural, or preternatural." (Wikipedia)
Again, they are tied closely to forces of nature, such as seasons, plants, weather, stuff like that!
Very pretty creatures tied to nature, if you know what I mean!

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Weremole, looks great, I'm totally hot for that "FF6 lite" vibe! :kaoluv: The carpet pattern looks a bit distracting to my eye, kinda like those visual illusion things? I'd maybe tone that down or make a patternless rug? The diagonal walls look really lovely tho! And the window! :wub :wub

AliceWz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
好吧,所以……“Fey”是一个用来描述与自然力量密切相关的魔法生物的术语。这些可以是任何地方,从树精到仙女,再到精灵再到幻形灵,eladrin(基本上是季节精灵),女巫,若虫,以及介于两者之间的任何地方!他们也被称为妖精、妖精、妖精、公平的人或妖精。在现实生活中的神话中,妖精“是在多种欧洲文化(包括凯尔特、斯拉夫、日耳曼、英国和法国民间传说)的民间传说中发现的一种神话人物或传奇生物,一种精神形式,通常被描述为形而上学,超自然的,或超自然的。” (维基百科)
同样,它们与自然力量密切相关,例如季节、植物、天气等等!
非常漂亮的生物与大自然联系在一起,如果你明白我的意思!
Nice & patient explanation 0v0 Now I know what you mean and I think it does look like fey-inspired XD I have finished the game , in future I would like to add more fey-inspired maps into it XD

Beewo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@fop thank you : D

@Oddball looks good, is it an long abandoned kitchen of some kind? Them vibes im getting,

sleepy_sealion

Need to work harder!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's been a while since I used a thread. But I've been reworking an old-one map game, and I'm finally happy with how it looks.

HAbqo6Z.png

Game in motion:
5zdWif9.gif

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Weremole I agree with alice, your use of carpeting looks odd to me in both of the maps you posted.

In the shop, it's just most of the left side to the middle. This is odd both symmetrically and from a usage standpoint - if a shopowner is putting down a carpet to protect their floor, they'll put it over most of the area a customer might stand on, right?

Same idea in the inn. You have this little square of carpeting randomly in the middle of the floor. It's not keeping the floor clean where the customer would be standing at the counter. It's not right at the door for people to wipe their feet off when they come in. Looks misplaced.

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
@Weremole I agree with alice, your use of carpeting looks odd to me in both of the maps you posted.

In the shop, it's just most of the left side to the middle. This is odd both symmetrically and from a usage standpoint - if a shopowner is putting down a carpet to protect their floor, they'll put it over most of the area a customer might stand on, right?

Same idea in the inn. You have this little square of carpeting randomly in the middle of the floor. It's not keeping the floor clean where the customer would be standing at the counter. It's not right at the door for people to wipe their feet off when they come in. Looks misplaced.
It's a test but I appreciate the comments just the same.

Finally compiled my dungeon tiles.

cavescreen.jpg

RPG_Girl8

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you!

Struggling to find things to put in the living room, it seems RMMZ does not have much in the way of tables, chairs, couches.

first map.png

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So umm...I need some icon suggestions for Spell Hit, Spell Crit, & Spell Crit Dmg. As you can see, they are currently sharing the same icons as Hit, Critical Hit, & Critical Damage. Should I just do a color edit or would totally different icons be better? If it's just a recolor, what color(s) should they be?

1653806754983.png

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm, Ima vote for recolors! :kaoluv:Blue and green are always nice, or blue and purple!

@Weremole, REALLY strong FF6 vibes, honey! So strong, actually, that I'm like, is this a pastiche? :kaoswt: Not necessarily a bad thing, but if ya wuz looking for ya own touch, I'd maybe redo them a bit? Otherwise I'm gonna be like, "Poot poot poo, oh we back here now, where dem Espers at?" :biggrin:

Neonzumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I'm almost done with working on the first chapter of my game, "Cheddar Con Carne - Prelude to Whimsicality". I'll start working on chapter two as soon as I'm done with the cutscene where Rubia Rabbit is finally reunited with her opposite twin, Seriosa. Here are a couple screenshots of the interior of Rubia's house.
Cheddar Con Carne - Prelude to Whimsicality 5_30_2022 9_39_31 AM.png
Cheddar Con Carne - Prelude to Whimsicality 5_30_2022 9_40_18 AM.png

Julijewels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is dedicated to me showing off things that would otherwise take more than 1 post underneath a status. It's mostly to avoid breaking the spamming rule and will be edited versus creating more posts beneath the first one.

Here's a little WIP cloud map that I made, that needs a lot of custom tiles made to make it look how I want it to. Lots of placeholder blocks and lots of edits in my future. Keep in mind I only really spent ~ 8 minutes on this map.
mQ34yml.png

And here is what will most likely be the basement of the cathedral, once I find some time to edit a LOT of the tileset. Pretty much each object has some sort of story element attached to it but it doesn't exactly look great when things are so humongous so I need to make smaller versions of things.
Qk9ryji.png

A lot of my current maps just have random themes, I don't necessarily have one set storyline in my head but eventually I will tie in a couple of the themes together and abandon the rest.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Julijewels, sweet tiles, what tileset you using? :wub Kinda weird/funny that people wud build a house of bricks on a cloud... Oh and that Atlas statue pretty cool! :kaoluv:

Julijewels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
http://Cloud City@Julijewels We have a thread for posting maps and screenshots for feedback, so I've merged your post with it.
Thank you!
@Julijewels, sweet tiles, what tileset you using? :wub Kinda weird/funny that people wud build a house of bricks on a cloud... Oh and that Atlas statue pretty cool! :kaoluv:
A lot of the tiles that I'm using come from https://finalbossblues.itch.io/ from his time fantasy sets. I think they're really aesthetically pleasing although rarely you'll find tiles that you want to fit together but don't. Nothing some small edits can't fix! I believe these are the Cloud City and Ruined Dungeons Tilesets which can be found below.
Cloud City Tileset

Ruined Dungeons Tileset

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Couldn't sleep at all so I started working on the topmost deck. I've had to make several deviations from the Imperator/Berengaria's deck-plans to accommodate MV's movement, but 100% accuracy was never my intention.
Still no name for the poor ship...:kaodes:
Screenshot-2022-06-25-053308.png
ScreenShot_6_24_2022_9_20_7.png
Here's Mike when you get a preemptive strike in battle. There's another one for when an enemy sneaks up on you too.
Suddenly, games mean nothing. The money spent was worth it to bring souls towards the light of life. May God bless my path forever. I pray that all are shaken for truth and poured out flat on the table of true understanding, knowledge, and wisdom. Bless you.
Finally I bought OMORI...cant wait to get traumatised!!!
Finished making this pretty ambitious forest map. Was wondering what y'all think of it! :kaopride:
1656136876015.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akuakudac