Not open for further replies.

Cartridge

It's all about the guns, man
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
@hyde it looks good.. is the 'zoom-out' on purpose or is it different in-game?

gpgekko

Nevermind me, I'll just cast shadows on your walls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
@hyde the building with the glass behind the building on the right feels off... But I can't quite say why...

Also, on the building on the left there is a shadow on the stairs that doesn't make sense. Other than that it looks like a pretty nice place to take a walk~

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@hyde it looks good.. is the 'zoom-out' on purpose or is it different in-game?
I made the image itself a bit smaller cause otherwise it is rather large. I wanted it to be easy to see the details while not taking up the entire forum page. Also, it is easier for slower computers to load smaller images. In-Game, it looks normal.

@hyde the building with the glass behind the building on the right feels off... But I can't quite say why...

Also, on the building on the left there is a shadow on the stairs that doesn't make sense. Other than that it looks like a pretty nice place to take a walk~
Thank you for catching the rogue shadow. I've been looking for him. He is wanted in at least ten states for ruining people's maps. Lol. But seriously, I didn't catch that, so thank you. And the glass building looks odd cause the image cuts off the roof. It looks more normal in-game.

McP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Archeia

oh, i see.. :(

btw, i just want to tell you,

your game, Rencarnation is very cool,

my team get motivated by your game after i tell them to look at your game, Rencarnation, (i tell them bcause, the style and designs of your game and our game project is almost same especially in the menu)

then, my leader hope us to try beat your game, hahaha.. :p

Tastica

Belongs to the Guild
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello again :)

I made my first try with parallax mapping. I´m so thankful 4 that possibility.

I will add a nice entrence to this rooms and a lightmap.

I do not know how to fill up the emptyness in the coridor above yet... Any hints?

Last edited by a moderator:

hian

Biggest Boss
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
So, I'm taking a break from my main project to work on my side-project, which I've dubbed a S.P.A(Stealth, puzzle, action) Adventure, called "Remnants of Shahadrin". The keyword for my project is "Medieval Gear Solid", the old pun that people used to call "Vagrant Story", prior to its release.

I'm going in pretty heavy in this project to make it as interesting as possible from a game-play perspective, and as such, taking a step away from the conservative jrpg style of my main project.

Can't provide too much at the moment, because I'm working my ass off on the essential mechanics first(menu, stealth system, and combat system) as this game won't use random battles(or indeed any transition type of combat system), and has a completely unique way of handling items, equipment etc.

So, without further ado, here are some screens(title screen, and menu screens):

Title Screen

Main Menu Overhaul

Glyph Menu(skills, and keys)

Documents Menu(keeping track of the story, lore, hints and clues for puzzles)

Hopefully, I'll have some real game-play screens soon.
Stay tuned.

EDIT:

Also, RPG Base,
if you're parallax mapping, one way of making things look less bland very easily, is to add another layer to your map, turn the opacity down(not to zero mind you), and use the paintbrush tool with black, and simply lightly adding black shadows randomly to the bland spaces. Don't overdo it though. It will give your maps the illusion of depth, and make them look more alive.
If you're using Paint.NET, and not Gimp(Gimps paintbrush tool is much better), you should blur(Gaussian blur will do) the shadows for better transitions, and a more natural look.

Adding a carpet, and/or pots(plants) can also make the place seem more alive.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RPG Baze: the floors don't match at all. They're ... just brush strokes. Just stick to tiled floors that you didn't create yourself. And the carpet looks out of place because you gave it an outer glow shadow, which makes it look like it's floating. Remove the outer black glow and it should look a lot better already, or just use one of the many carpets available in the resource showcase forum.

Tastica

Belongs to the Guild
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Ok, I tried to work out the carpet and added some stuff and a lightmap. The scene plays at night.

Maybe you like this one more?

Elements

7th Stratum
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Baze I...

Can't even tell what's going on there.

It's like there was a chemical waste spill in each of those floors.

The bottom right one is probably the best looking, but I'd suggest using traditional tiles for floors, or heavily revamp what you're going for.

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Well done. That is quite artistic and your character looks like it has right proportions for a chibi.

cosmickitty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@RPG-Blaze - you can't really mix pixel with digital like that.... it makes the whole thing look like a blurry mess.  pull off some of the blurry lighting effects, put actual pixel floors, and maybe do something about the large chunks of empty space on the map.... i'd make it generally less square than you have going on, it's a tad boring.

Carillon Nightmares

One-Man Operation
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Rpg-Blaze

Looks groovy. I can't even tell what's going on. It doesn't even look like a floor/carpet.

Ocedic

Dog
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@RPG-Baze, I don't think the style itself looks that bad, but it seems at odds with the relatively normal objects, furniture and walls. The rugs definitely look completely out of place and just splotches of paint on the floor.

Tastica

Belongs to the Guild
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I´m sorry... I tried to make something unique.

I have to work on it. Revamp, of course.

Thanx! :cutesmile:

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yup, tripping acid, LSD and smoking some strong Ganja! xD

Anyways, here's a small world map I made as my last RTP map I'll do ever for a LONG time :p

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I suggest to replace those bridges with something else. Like a single long bridge for example.

Tastica

Belongs to the Guild
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
LOL... That was not my purpose... :D

But I would like to keep it a little bit extraordinary. I already done an update because of the blurry roof and the magic carpet. LOL...

After your advices, I think this is much better now. But I do not want to disturb you with a new picture...

Maybe here a spoiler if you are interested:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In today's seminar:
Presenter: In the past, there was a saying, "One who has tuberculosis is doomed for life." But now-"
Everyone: *starts coughing in unision*
Gosh... Today seems too much like a good day to do nothing....

I need to keep myself focused...! :kaoback:
javascript'ing essentials.

So, what can I do solve this problem, guys? The plugin is MOG_Weather and I have several Yanfly plugins too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinzBandicoot