Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesterbro

The Jester!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@WNxTyr4el: Thanks! I've been a member of these forums for sometime, but I dropped out of the RPG making loop when ACE came out so i'd never been active, but i'm back and planning my project and I hope to be alot more active on these forums. In regard to that waterbush I think it's  supposed to be used in swamps so yeah I think it looks a little off here too.

@EvilEagles: Oh thanks for pointing that out, yeah I noticed the unnatural looking alignment too, I'd definitely put more time into it if this map was to make it in to my project.

Thanks for the feedback!

hian

Biggest Boss
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
A panorama of the capital city of Grein, Aras City - with the tower in the center, with the title.

You'll be spending the first hours in this city.

Balancing characters and the second boss fight.

I'm pretty satisfied with the characters.

Duos wields a chain blade, a short sword attached to a short staff by a chain.

And Niya wields a hammer combined with a spear, and a small buckler.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raiden

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Bust up portrait for menu and dialogue cut-ins. Wonder if it looks fine in game. (Map for testing purposes only)

Galenmereth

Retired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bust up portrait for menu and dialogue cut-ins. Wonder if it looks fine in game. (Map for testing purposes only)

Umm... R-Remi? I th- I think your br- ehm boo- ah, bosom! Yes, your bosom is about to go airborne!

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Dude, her back is going to snap unless you add some extra meat on her! Back pains, sagging with age, I feel for poor Remi xDD

Meanwhile, I'd like to show Cain's new bust up portrait, I'm also comparing it to the old~

Old

New

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Raiden

Any further comments that I can think of would not be suitable for a family friendly site.  You really should think about redrawing that portrait.

@Chaos Avian

Great improvement. The only thing I wonder about - and here we definitely down to personal preference, not "right/wrong" - as a player I think I would find that having well over 50% of the map covered up by even the quickest bit of dialogue a bit tiring after a while.  Is the message box the standard size?  I don't know if it looks bigger because of the size of your font or if it is bigger.  But that, plus the large portrait means that visually I totally lose the map.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Raiden - I think ksjp and I have the same idea in mind...

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's the default size. I use a font 2 sizes smaller the original as I can usually fit much more text onto a message box. I feel that the newer portrait takes up less space on the map as well. (one character's portrait even takes up half the screen... I'm thinking of increasing the resolution as well. Thanks for the comment~

Filius Rex

Lv 999 procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Chaos Avian That's some great improvement! It's really easy to see you've been practicing :)

I'm going for an Etrian Odyssey-esque look. What do you think? I'm also planning to add a HUD showing current party members. 

orochii

Abomination of life, or life itself.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
@Filius Rex: Yayz! I like that kind of visual-novel dialogues. I like the mix. The text box is pretty discrete. And the character does a nice contrast against the background, separating both.

@Chaos Avian: The new one has a lot more of detail, much better. I also don't like the old shadows, specially the ones near the eyes that looked like "dark circles". It also felt pretty flat, unline the new one! YES!

@Raiden: I think that bust size is not an important variable, unless it is related to traumas, or back pain. And with that I mean that I see no problem.

@hian: The only thing that I don't like is, at the portraits, the blurred shades on the face. IDK, just personal preference. Other than that, I love the aesthetics of your game.

And... that's it. I think. Since I have no more lag issues (or not strong enough to creep me out), I've been finally advancing. Maaaaaan I feel so happy for meself, neh!

This is the Phamas Forest! A part of it. I'm actually reconsidering my plans, because what I see is that I planned a 5 big map area (this one here is 66x76). I suck at planning ahead ;_; . "OTL

Anyway, I'm out for now!

Orochii Zouveleki

West Mains

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

My those are certainly some nice...

Uh...

Busts.

Filius Rex

Lv 999 procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Raiden Unless there's some kind of reason why she's so... out of proportion, then I would definitely consider redrawing her.

I added a new HUD to my project. What do you think?

Yato

(aka Racheal)
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Filius: It looks quite nice and consistent, but is there a reason you need to see the party's status in the middle of a talking scene?

Started and finished the trading system I had in mind for my game today. There's still some graphical things that can probably be tweaked, but it works as intended.

(Large item picture at the top is super duper temporary, as is most of the text.)

The shopkeepers dialogue changes when you trade (or attempt to and can't). You can't trade if you don't have the required items or if you have too many of the item you're trading for.

Filius Rex

Lv 999 procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Racheal Mainly because there will be consistent updates to the status of the party all throughout the game, even in the talking scenes. I understand what you mean though. Also I really like trading scene you made :)   

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Raiden: I wouldn't say there's a need to redraw, but at least taking her assents to a sensible size would be a great step! ;D

The rest: Woah, bust frenzy. How're you guys doing these?!

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alllright, I think I've made the busts a happy size now. The message window itself might be a little boring, but it's for non-voiced, non-cutscene speech. (Assuming I get voice acting, a hurhurhurhur)

Also new map yay.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@muramasa: Are the big blue circles supposed to be waves, or are they part of a lighteffect?

@Racheal: Looks minimalistic but in quite a good way.

@Quigon: Nice Artwork.

@Topic: Town Building System Preview:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've finished adjusting the projectile script so that it uses Sprites directly to avoid the lag brought by too much events... So here's a screenie of one of the chicken games! Let's toast some chickens!

ChickenGames1.PNG

I'll probably be making an animation for a toasted/roasted chicken...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Say, does anyone know any other indie game development forums? Progress on my uni survey has been a little slow, so I wanna look into posting it around a bit more.
Due to the bullies' resurgence on Facebook and Twitter against my friend (and I since I defend), we've decided to move over to tumblr to try to obscure our presence, where we might finally be at peace working on games. If anyone wants my/our game's tumblrs to follow lmk. :kaojoy:
Is there anyone need help with anything except art and music?
is Gotcha Gotcha Games Inc. = KADOKAWA CORPORATION? I haven't found this topic yet, Want to know for credits on my game. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uniteditcare