Game & Map Screenshots 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetoes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, but does anyone know if you can see every tile that the DS pack has, so I know what I'm getting before I decide to buy it? I'm thinking of remaking my town with the DS pack, but I need to know if the tiles would still be suitable. The official video doesn't show much really.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It is the wrong thread, and no, there isn't a way to see it all before you buy. If the official screenshots aren't enough just look through this thread, there are lots of people using the DS and DS+ tiles.

Sketcy-Sketch

Hypergraphic
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@ slimmmeiske2: Oh, you noticed that. ^^  Joey's sprite's been touched up a little bit. 

@ Goatrider: Looks great! I like the colors a lot. For some reason, it gives me a real steam-punk vibe. :)

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i confused him q quigon too! love it goat man

Goatrider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ sketch: This is a steampunk game so I'm glad you get that vibe. Thanks.

@ zachfoss & stridah: thanks heaps, being compared to quigon is a massive compliment.

C-C-C-Cashmere (old)

Resident Weirdo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Goatrider Looks cool. I get the feeling those pipes are too close to the ground though. Any way to make the shadows look like it's more elevated from the ground?

Bluetoes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So I decided to redo my first map using some DS tiles as I bought the DS pack and loving it right now.

And what do you guys prefer in terms of interior walls? Having transparency (black) with just the edges / roof bits showing, or an outer wall for interior?

Screenshot 1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Rough look of the battle scene for my project

Allerka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I decided to redo my first map using some DS tiles as I bought the DS pack and loving it right now.

And what do you guys prefer in terms of interior walls? Having transparency (black) with just the edges / roof bits showing, or an outer wall for interior?
Great level of detail! Looks like some errors in the auto-tiles, though.

Rough look of the battle scene for my project

Looks good! Are the icons indicating actions or actors? I'm thinking TP should be a different color from MP too.

So! Trying some parallax mapping in a re-designed Westwoods. Here's the first section (rather than one giant map, I'm breaking it into several smaller ones).

I probably need to re-position some of the random doodads, but I think it looks a lot more natural now. I initially designed the ground floor back in XP, with the intention of copying that into Photoshop and then pasting it as a tileset here, but realized it'd all be one layer in VX Ace, argh. So I switched it to VX Ace auto-tiles, which, I've come to realize, I really don't like. They're just too bloody boxy, and there's no gradation like with the XP auto-tiles I have.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
@Allerka - actors/enemies only, not actions since it's a turn order gauge for a PCTB not the default turn based mode... I'm still gonna need work on the status window and TP probably won't even be there. :)

The map looks good. I'd suggest trying to do rounded grass though since ur using parallaxing anyways. :)

Allerka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's the thing. How do I get stuff to show up as part of the A layer that's not auto-tiles, so it shows up below the player?

Bluetoes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Allerka

Thanks for the feedback. I'll see if I can fix the pathway. It's not setup as an autotile since the path right at the bottom is using A2. I'll just swap them around, but the bottom path won't look as clean.

Last edited by a moderator:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
@Allerka - I thought ur doing this via parallaxing?

Allerka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how parallaxing works. Which wouldn't surprise me. Basically what I did was I laid out all the A tiles, then set everything how I wanted in a Photoshop picture, chopped it up to fit into the B tile sections, then simply pasted that all in. Is...that not how it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

J0pac wrote on CrowStorm's profile.
The sad reaction was not because I want you to credit me. (terms clearly say no need to credit) but because those maps are meant to be used as inspiration or guidence. You are ofcourse alowed to use them however you want :)
I'm an adult married woman

Being a hobbyist dev and also loving my job is like nothing to lose during both busy days and holidays ~ ♥
I tried to free some space in my phone and this is what I find: https://framapic.org/Dio090k00QQ6/8tiNZ3AV5IYw.png
...Almost 60% of all images in my gallery is just that- books and notes and guides...
I've bought a set of Harry Potter to entertain myself. However, my crazy geography homework accounts for more than half of my homework.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssalum