Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How to upload the image to the forums

Now that you have you have an image on your computer you'd like to show us, how can you get it to show up on the forums? Firstly, you need to find an image hosting site, photobucket.com or imageshack.us are popular ones. If you have another image uploading website, great - use that one! Either way, upload it to the site, and then get the direct link. Don't get the resized link, or the thumbnail link, but the direct URL. You'll know you have the direct URL if the URL ends with the file extension you saved your image in (which will hopefully be .png).

Once you have this direct URL to your image, simply use the IMG tags in your forum post and paste the URL in between them. If this image is big, please leave the image in spoiler tags.

IMG tags:
image.png

A warm up map I decided to create, being away from RMVXA for so long. :)
 If you start one of the eagles on frame 2 of the animation they'll look less artificial as they'll flap at slightly staggered times. (I know they DO synchronise their flapping, but as there are only 32 pixels to work with, anything to slightly set them apart helps.)

DemonAbyss10

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not doing any parallax mapping for this, which this is also from my RTP resource only project. Still gotta work on my shadows, but this is from what I have so far of the "newbie zone" (the area where the game starts obviously.) as well as of the starting party.

[IMG]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww28/DemonAbyss10/Direwood1_zps63c3186a.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww28/DemonAbyss10/Direwood2_zps89361d60.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww28/DemonAbyss10/Direwood3_zps3fe18af2.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww28/DemonAbyss10/StartingParty_zps7eda7adc.png[/IMG]

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm not really positive on how to shift click, but I'm sure I can rummage around for a tutorial!! 

monkeyintartan

TartanMonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
@kiediticelixer I think the signs and windows are a good start but if you look at the RTP the shapes are a little more defined I think if you define the edges a bit more it will give your signs and windows that little pop the RTP has and really make then work well

DemonAbyss10

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Etto...I am very reluctant in posting this but...here goes nothing...

It's meant to be a re-creation of Lucy Heartiflia's (a character from Fairy Tail) room. It's still a little incomplete.

I tried my best (not really...maybe...) and I made this so far.

These were my reference images -

[IMG]http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/public/style_images/RPGW_33_Images/attachicon.gif[/IMG]Lucy's_room_inside.jpg
[IMG]http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/public/style_images/RPGW_33_Images/attachicon.gif[/IMG]lucy_heartfilia_s_apartment_reference_by_yaushie-d5nzabu.png
Credit goes to Lunarea, Celianna, and Ayene-chan. Fairy Tail belongs to Hiro Mashima. Here is my RPG Maker version -

[IMG]http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/public/style_images/RPGW_33_Images/attachicon.gif[/IMG]Lucy in her room.png
P.S. I know this isn't a thread for feedback on sprites, but people who are familiar with Fairy Tail - does the sprite look at least even a bit like Lucy? 

All feedback appreciated! Thank you!

Huge Fairy Tail fan myself. The Sprite looks good. I agree that the room can be compacted down a bit though.

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ophielle.png

I have... maybe finished this place I posted earlier.

See, I don't think the outside part looks complete. Is there anything I should do?

*doors are 1 tile down for some reason*

Last edited by a moderator:

kiedisticelixer

Sexy Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@Mirpono If you can, maybe you want to crop the elder sleeping bodies so they look like they are in bed and not dead x) Looks good!

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
@DemonAbyss10: what is with all the shadow tiles on the cliffs? Are you trying to imply that the light source is coming from 12?

DemonAbyss10

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@DemonAbyss10: what is with all the shadow tiles on the cliffs? Are you trying to imply that the light source is coming from 12?
That is what I was doing with it, I changed it around back to how it normally is already though. I still extend my shadows a bit though, since realistically the taller something is the further the shadow stretches. Helps add a bit more depth too.

Pretty much an attempt to gauge reactions as to what would look better.

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Paths between houses. When a lot of walking occurs on grass, it wears the place down to the dirt beneath it. Go to any school and you'll see tracks on lawns where kids have taken shortcuts. It's the same kind of thing, especially when there's no actual paths to walk on in the screenshot. Even if watered every day, the act of being stepped on day in and out would wear the grass away.

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
SOScreenie_zpsd0852d2e.png

Unfinished map checking out which tiles will match with those houses and which wont.

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ruby - Love the water tiles :)

I just think you could soften the grass's colour, I think it's too saturated and doesn't fit very well with the water. Water looks summer like, grass looks winter-spring like. Like it's fresh from rain.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Speaking as someone who lives in a country where we get rain all through summer (usually), green grass and summer water doesn't bother me.

What I think is slightly off is the path.  The shape of those paving stones doesn't really fit the style of the houses, imo, especially where it runs up close to the stone foundation layer of the house.  I also wonder about the tone of green in the flowering trees.  When it's shown against the long grass (top left) it looks better than when it's just against ordinary grass, but in both cases there's something that I can't put my finger on.

Bix

Vidjagames and stuff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
(I wasn't really sure if this was in the right forum section, if it is, could someone move it, if possible?)

So awhile back, I finished my first cutscene ever in RMVXA. It looks pretty decent, but I was wondering if I could get some feedback to improve it and to make better ones in the future. Thanks ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzIeChZZgsQ&sns=em

(Can't embed on mobile :p )

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Very good for a first cutscene! May be worth showing the guards when the guys are running away? Also, more scenery would be great, as well as general customers in the shop, that sort of thing.

Needle

Sharp as a Tack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The actual mechanics of the cut scene are fine - Maybe a little too much dead time as the bandits rob the store. But generally everything works.

My bigger question is, why are you spending so much time building personality in two ordinary bandits who, as far as I can tell, are mere fodder for your main charatcer? They spend a lot of time talking about poop for two guys who are going to die in a second. Also - the main character "just knows" they're bandits. Clairvoyance is never a good reason for anything. Make sure he knows, and make sure the player knows why he knows.

monkeyintartan

TartanMonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I think that the cut scene if good in general but could do with a little music to help get the atmosphere because I always feel its good to grab some ones attention with all their senses.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, it is not the right section. We have a Game & Map Screenshots thread, for feedback, which is where I'll move it to. There might be other more appropriate places, but I can't think of them at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Arcade-Style RPGM Games? RM2k3 Game Jam & Synth-Retro Music by Azakaela | RPG Maker News #39

Just evented my first minigame, no plugins~ :kaojoy:
I feel still screenshots don't do my game justice. the characters don't move, but the filter over them does...
Wonder if this year, there be more MZ plugin than MV or that MZ is still small compare to whole MV collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaterIce455