Not open for further replies.

kiedisticelixer

Sexy Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
My first attempt ever at editing walls + Basic class selection.

The classes? Tidemancer, Bearzerker, Bug Tamer (idk bare with me) and Ninja (not really working on it, it's supossed to be some post-game playable class or w/e I can come up with)

1257e13911f48e39fab930412a036590.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyfrid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
4oOnFta.png

U98QyER.png

Currently working on a new project, these were my attempts at the battle system and mapping.

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Skyfrid:  It looks like your map should be broken up into smaller rooms; especially if it's meant to be the inside of a house, which is kind of the vibe I'm getting. (if you don't understand what I mean by smaller rooms just look at some of the sample map houses; especially House A and House C)

Also (and this may just be my own little pet peeve so you're free to disregard it) the dresser and bookshelf look a little like they're just laying on the floor, even though I know they don't do that... It might just be the fact that the gift boxes right next to the top of them are throwing off the perspective for me.

Edit: I typed that up and then completely forgot to post why I came in here in the first place...

erics_room.png

Just a super simple map with DS tiles; I kind of feel I should be practicing with them a bit since I did pay for both packs and all (I just don't think I'll actually be using the tiles for much...) Also, even though I've really gotten used to my shading style, I'm not really sure it works with this set... (but I don't really like the way the in-built shadow tool looks, either)

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Ruby:

Looks great and I love the behavior pose of the red haired guy.

Kudos on you for adding the unused blonde girl of the RTP (nobody besides me pay attention to her or use that poor girl for something), but I must warn you that my brother has completely different tastes in truth.

The same goes with Ulrika, since she only cares about her fists and nothing else, that's part of the reason of why I always got rejected by her.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Ruby,

shame it couldn't qualify, I think it's good - and funny.  And nice to see a new use for those small sacks.  Yup, ballast. Never seen them that way before, but now you point it out...

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Dalph: Things always get hazy with a shot or 5.

@kjsp: I didn't make the hot air balloon, and the sand bags came on it. :) Credit Soruve, Enterbrain, and Celianna.

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Adding the last couple of game mechanics that will be available in the demo version of RHD: Animal Companions, Wildshape & Summoning.

c23de67aa86119224e74e92eda059ca8.png

c62c2972f52d5155e99d5184d011baaf.png

Various classes can learn summon spells. Rangers and Druids can summon animals, while Wizards, Sorcerers and Clerics can summon undead.

Summons have fixed stats and their own AI - you can't control units you summon. Other than that, they behave like any other unit in combat. Units a character has summoned are shown in the top right corner of their portrait, and each character can have up to 3 "minions" at once. They disappear when you rest, level up, or when their HP reaches 0 (i.e. they can't be revived).

a5ddecd96091c2377436cd79bc1acc8b.png

Druids and Rangers get an Animal Companion, which is essentially a free summon that can be called once a day for free. Unlike summons, a companion's stats increase with yours as you level. Companions are generally much stronger than a summon, but you only get one, and if it dies, you have to rest to be able to summon it again.

40a7948084ff367a469e8f486926569d.png

Druids also get a Wildshape ability. They can transform into a variety of animals, which modify their Strength, Dexterity, Constitution and HP accordingly. Wildshape also gives various other benefits: Wolf form has higher movement speed, Bat form can fly and ignore terrain movement costs. The downside is that it only lasts for a certain number of turns, can only be used a limited number of times per day, and you can't cast spells while in an animal form.

plasmablade13

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is obviously not the real game but more of a tech demo, as a result I used sample maps for reference. But I only altered the castle interior (which was a sample map) the most. The idea of the game is that it's like Super Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie with a standard turn based gameplay system. The screenshots I'm showing you are the maps.

SecretstoneRPGbetamap1_zpsfdf6c9c4.jpg

^This picture is a shop for special Maxis crystals that would be sold for high prices. 

SecretstoneRPGbetamap5_zps0006ffe3.jpg

SecretstoneRPGbetamap3_zpsd5859f6e.jpg

SecretstoneRPGbetamap4_zps48ad18a4.jpg
I may add in more stuff like the Maxis Crystal mechanic, and better maps.

Euphony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Ruby: Very nice use of the hot air balloon! The little bar is adorable. The basket doesn't look properly attached, though. If you plan on using it in-game, you should add some ropes connecting the front corners of the basket to the base of the balloon.

West Mains

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@kiedisticelixer

The graphics are kinda crappy, for some reason its incredibly charming. I like it!

Also this Bug Tamer sounds interesting. To me, anyway. 

The_Renegade_

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Started tweaking the battle system, turn based can often leave me bored, so it's my goal 

to make it more interactive.

VbIGL9i.png

And this is off topic, but does anyone know of a good resolution boosting script. I made this background in 1280x720, and I hope to make the entire game that way, so I can fit in better graphics.

Reactions: SOC

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I feel like i'm missing something from this map x.x i tried my best to realistically make it feel more filled but it just doesnt feel like it..
Addx1AT.png

monkeyintartan

TartanMonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
@Atasuke why not try adding some cars, a few animals , Bins and trash lying around, Plus  do your people events move because moving characters in a map can add a lot when you actually play

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Atasuke why not try adding some cars, a few animals , Bins and trash lying around, Plus  do your people events move because moving characters in a map can add a lot when you actually play
mm but should i really add cars to a place without roads? ;x is it fine.

I mean i happily add it on the roads/parking lot, and the bins and trash is actually a really good idea :D its not supposed to be that clean of a city

anyway. but the cars not on roads, will that work?  ;o

monkeyintartan

TartanMonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I meant only to have cars in the parking lot or the road at the right of your map, just something extra that the player can look while exploring. You could even allow the player to look in the car, or steal(find hidden items lol ) from them, like you could in trash bins.  

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I meant only to have cars in the parking lot or the road at the right of your map, just something extra that the player can look while exploring. You could even allow the player to look in the car, or steal(find hidden items lol ) from them, like you could in trash bins.  
I packed it with trash and the parking lot with cars (even tho the cars dont show on editor ;<)

so now it looks better a lil :)

but some placess still feel empty.. XD thts what i get for making this big of a map

f9GbmHk.png

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Maybe try adding a cat and a dog wandering around?  Perhaps a couple of each?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

[CM]
5VaUMjAFpz1I6fSsgDrfJc.jpg

Title is star.
Dam, does the night get to me, I sound and look like a monster. Its 3:54 am right now...I need sleep...or...coffee.
It has nothing to do with my project, but I'm in love with voxels
If you feel like your story isn't that great, just look at final fantasy.
My original idea of a quest where you just paid money to complete it (it made sense in context) somehow got turned into decorate a table with a variety of choices so that the majority of players will have different looking tables.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparyx