Game & Map Screenshots 5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, May 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Game & Map Screenshots 5

This thread is meant for showing off screenshots or maps made for your project, and to comment on or give advice to other members. Screenshots of any Maker is welcome.

In-game screenshots and maps only, please. If you're looking for feedback on your logo/sprites/faces etc. then please post in the WIP thread.

Previous threads:

Game & Map Screenshots 1

Game & Map Screenshots 2

Game & Map Screenshots 3

Game & Map Screenshots 4

Please read and abide by these rules before posting and or commenting:

1. In-game screenshots, maps and videos of gameplay are all welcome. Trailers are also welcome. Walkthroughs and Let's Plays are not. They go here.

2. Please consider putting the image in spoiler tags if it's any larger than 700x500. Ditto if you're posting a lot of images.

3. Do not quote screenshots, maps or videos in this thread. If you want to comment on someone's screenshot, please refer to them by their name (@membername), or keep the image in spoiler tags.

4. Please be civil and constructive when handing out feedback. Do not post things such as 'this sucks!'. Point out why a map doesn't look so good, and what they can do to improve it. If you want to compliment someone, point out what you think they did well.

5. Please refrain from re-posting your work, unless you've made some edits on it since the last time you posted it. If no one has commented on your work, and it has fallen behind by at least 2 pages, feel free to repost it then.

6. Feel free to ask what tileset someone is using if you're interested, but keep off-topic chatter to a minimum.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  2. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    This was the last image I posted:

[​IMG]It's a self-help group for step families, led by Cinderella's step family. :)
    My favourite indoor XP map I've made so far:

[​IMG]The house belongs to a couple called Clever Grethel and Clever Hans (both characters from Grimm fairy tales). Now while Grethel is a clever one, Hans isn't at all. So I placed some weird objects in the house to give it more character.
    A map I made for ProjectRMW:

[​IMG]

3. RocketKnight

RocketKnight Broke with expansive taste Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Let's explore a dungeon?​
    [​IMG]
    @slimmmeiske2 Amazing maps!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. AnneSeraphim

AnneSeraphim DayDreamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Tried my hand at making a library for a mansion... :/

Credit goes to Celianna and Ayene-chan!

library.png

5. J0pac

J0pac Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Croatian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Underground city Burjaba and some indoors maps :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Goatrider

Goatrider Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ooohh a shiny new screenshot thread! Here's the final room in the demo for my up coming game Gears of Obscura, which means I'm officially finished mapping the whole demo.

[​IMG]

Dymdez, Idril, Pink Peach and 13 others like this.
  7. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Goatrider - You dropped some sheet music there. ;)    Seriously, looks good. Phantom of the Opera type story?

Here is one I've been working. Trying to sort out all of the futuristic tiles. I will confess I'm not sure what some of them are supposed to be, lol. I was pretty excited to figure out how to make the girl's event walk behind the glass wall.

Screenshot 2014-05-31 21.54.09.png

Coming back to add: @JOpac - Not sure how I missed your maps the first time, but holy moley, those are gorgeous maps!!! Fantastic job!

8. Vexed

Vexed Malibu Darby Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Jopac - I really love those interior maps. The detailing looks great. :)

@Goatrider - Those sheets of music work really well. I like the window reflection/glow you have there on those tiles.

Just testing some of my old tiles and lighting effects, converted it all from XP to Ace formatting and re-sized to fit with a different character template of mine. Preparing stuff for my potential IGMC entry~

[​IMG]

9. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Vexed - It looks really nice. I like the tiles a lot. I don't get though, why there is light shining on the floors from the windows when it's dark outside and there is no light coming through the windows themselves.

10. Vexed

Vexed Malibu Darby Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @mlogan - Thanks! The simple answer there is that for some reason I put the window tiles with transparent panes in rather than the "moonlit" ones. D'oh! Definitely time for bed if I'm making mistakes like that I think...

Also, I didn't notice the thumbnail of your screenshot there, sorry! I like what you've got so far. I was about to suggest putting a little more clutter in the leftmost rooms but then I realised that it's obviously a cell of some kind and wouldn't likely have much clutter.

I would say though that the room on the right with the sleeping/stasis pods, there isn't really any space to reach a couple of them. I reckon you could do with making that room one tile bigger vertically perhaps.

11. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That makes sense! It just threw me a little. And I hear you, I'm falling asleep at the keyboard, so I can only imagine how late it is for you.

Yeah, that room is a cell. There is a sink and a toilet in there, you just can't see them in this shot. I might make the room a tile shorter so it's a bit more obvious.

The pod room, I'm not too concerned about at the moment, it's really just filler. In theory, you could say that there would be room between the lower part of the and the wall. But I'm not even sure if that room will be accessible or not. But as I said, I'm falling asleep so probably not thinking over the point too clearly. ;)

12. lemongreen

lemongreen Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Here's a map I'm currently working on (just for context purposes, it's supposed to be somewhat of a dreamscape)

[​IMG]

It still seems a bit empty to me, but I'm not really sure what else to add to it without looking completely... out there. (although I do plan on adding more NPCs so maybe that'll help)

13. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Lots of great mapping on this first page. It makes me happy!

slimmmeiske2: I love all your maps, they all look like something I want to explore.

RocketKnight: Oh, interesting way of doing the lighting, it has a very particular mood. It says "psycological thriller" to me.

AnneSeraphim: That's inside a mansion? That looks like a city library, the owner must be obsessed with books. The map is good. The bubbly light effects are different than what I'm used to, I don't know if I like it or not. It makes me feel like I'm not wearing my glasses.

J0pac: Amazing! You use parallax perfectly! I've got an immediate feel for what sort of place this town is and what kind of people I'd find in it, I like that a lot.

Goatrider: There's clearly a story there, I'm more curious about your game now.

mlogan: Having the walls without the tops is odd. The place loks pretty interesting though. If you're going to keep the space in the cell, maybe fill it in with more bed, make it feel like a cell made to hold a whole group of people?

VexedEnigma: Ah, you know how much I love your tiles and you just keep getting better. The edited down versions look pretty good, although some of them don't look like they've been edited yet, like the bookshelves and the floor lamp. I guess this means the answer to our PM conversation is no?

lemongreen: You know, if that's meant to be an abandoned place, perhaps the emptiness is a good thing. If not, then you're going at it a little backwards. If this place is set up with paved paths to each attraction it should be a little more manicured. The bushes should only exist decoratively, the dirt should only be in places that is off the major paths but be ways that people would go to something else. Think about why things are there and it should help you fill it in better.

J0pac and slimmmeiske2 like this.
  14. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    All right, got rid of the pods for now. I will figure out something else for that room. It's not too important to gameplay what's in there, I'm just trying to make some odd places in here.  Also, made the cell smaller so it's a bit more obvious. Sharm does the half wall with glass on the right look weird? If so I can possibly rework the cell a bit more.

Screenshot 2014-06-01 13.22.59.png

15. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It looks a lot better now. Before I was thinking that the guy might have an easier time breaking through the wall than turning off the forcefield, now it doesn't bother me and I kind of like the look of the computer right there as a sort of observation work station.

mlogan likes this.
  16. JDC

JDC Warper Member

So I've been playing with the RMDS+ tiles since I've decided to use a lot of them in my own game, here's something I made to test them out:

[​IMG]

17. supercow

supercow Artist Veteran

First Language:
    indonesia
    @JDC :

1. waste of space, so many things could be used effectively.

im not saying to cramp it all up, but at least dont space that much.

whats more strange is with a space that big some desk are cramped with another desk together.

2.top left+right table is too big, if used like in middle of room like for a meeting thats fine, but for everyday office thats kindda weird.

3.the door is.......almost same height as people, shouldnt door be at least slightly bigger?

4. middle left there is some kind of.....xray body scan, why there?

18. oztiks708

oztiks708 The Oz Man Member

First Language:
    English
    So happy to see the new thread started up. Some great works so far.

@Goat - I really really love your mapping, it looks fantastic!

Been reworking a lot of my games core areas, and honing my gimp skills!

New Title Screen, a battleback, and a cave!

larger pics in spoiler... got some clearing up to do on the battleback, some of the ground is a bit fuzzy

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014
    Arkecia likes this.
  19. Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

Paladin-Cleric of Awesome Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This is the first level of my Indie Game month game thing. It's my first time mapping a Jungle sort of scene so I'd appreciate some feedback. Basically its a militia terrorists village hideout in the jungle.

[​IMG]

And this is what it looks like in game. Is it too dark? Given it's a stealth game for the most part I want to be sure and this portion of the game is played out at night.

[​IMG]

(Mmay I just mention that Pandamaru, Lunera [i hope i spelt that right...] and Celianna are my heroes for the tiles used in this!)

Pink Peach, Anorak, ShinGamix and 3 others like this.
  20. TimmyTheNerd

TimmyTheNerd Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The evolution of Elder:

Try 1:
    [​IMG]

Try 2:
    [​IMG]

Final Result:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status: